• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA fighter Kimbo Slice hospitalized, "dire situation" UPDATE: He has died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

Kimbo Slice had the public perception that he was a really mean dude, in reality though it seems like it was a A+ human. Here's video of him training MMA with his his autistic son. His son always came with him to the gym during training camps.

Fuck man, now I'm really sad. I have an autistic brother and I feel so, so bad for his son right now. He will probably have such a tough time dealing with the loss of his dad. I'm tearing up man.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Man I just went back to watch his last fight against Dada 5000. Did no one notice how Kimbo was struggling to catch his breath enough to walk, even minutes after the fight was settled? Maybe it's my medical experience and hindsight, but dude was flying huge red flags. He was in a really really bad way. It's like his heart rate hadn't settled at all.

Did he get medical attention after the fight?

edit: whoa typed this post 3 hours ago, didn't see geardo's post. well_there_it_is.gif

I'm all for Bellator's approach to entertainment but that fight shouldn't have happened. Neither guy should have been cleared to fight. They both could have easily had heart failure and died in the cage.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I'm all for Bellator's approach to entertainment but that fight shouldn't have happened. Neither guy should have been cleared to fight. They both could have easily had heart failure and died in the cage.

Holy shit I had no idea Dada went into cardiac arrest the next day. How the fuck did Bellator clear that shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom