• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

I can accept 48-47 Rockhold, it was a close fight. Rockhold was the only one in trouble in several rounds early, though. How about a rematch?

TheNatural

My Member!
polyh3dron said:
That was a Leonard Garcia style decision. Blocked strikes don't win you a round, I'm sorry.

Guess you ignored the leg kicks, body kicks, and jabs and hooks that went through Jacare's defense as well. And Jacare did nothing the whole fucking fight outside of the first part of the first round besides a couple of drag down takedowns that Rockhold got right up from.

dream

I think the fight told us a lot about where Jacare is at though. Dude's Leben fodder unless he tightens his game up.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
sien916 said:
I can accept 48-47 Rockhold, it was a close fight. Rockhold was the only one in trouble in several rounds early, though. How about a rematch?
Why not? Who the hell is left in the Middleweight divison?

desa

Those stats says it all. It's a close fight, but that was Jacare's based on his takedowns and shots that wobbled Luke. Rematch sounds like a good idea.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
polyh3dron said:
That was a Leonard Garcia style decision. Blocked strikes don't win you a round, I'm sorry.

Yeah there were a lot of blocked strikes, but a lot of them kicks landed on the body, and strikes did get through Jacare's guard.

Rockhold stayed active as Jacare gassed after the 2nd round. Sure Jacare landed the harder hits, but i can see the Rockhold's aggression giving him the nod.

dream

God, those apocalyptic volcano onyx and flaming skies graphics are almost as bad as the UFC's gladiator imagery.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fifty said:
Jacare did far too many harmless push kicks. Steven Seagal obviously overtrained the guy.
it was hilarious watching him try to be anderson silva.

you can only be anderson if you fight ufc mws and over-the-hill lhws

Heel

BigKaboom2 said:
He got rocked in each of the first two rounds - how can anyone even CONSIDER scoring either of them for him?

Exactly...I gave the 3rd and a razor-close 5th to Rockhold.

AwesomeSauce said:
Yeah there were a lot of blocked strikes, but a lot of them kicks landed on the body, and strikes did get through Jacare's guard.

Rockhold stayed active as Jacare gassed after the 2nd round. Sure Jacare landed the harder hits, but i can see the Rockhold's aggression giving him the nod.

I don't want to dig up the ruleset right now, but power supersedes quantity...and that's landed quantity, not blocked.

charsace

Cormier showing that size doesn't mean shit if you have the skills. People that cry about GSP and Bones should pay attention to this fight.

Top Bottom