• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

tass0 said:
Antonio Silva gets brutally KO'd by Cormier.

Barnett easily subs Kharitonov.

Rockhold defeats Jacare.

King Mo easily KO's Roger Gracie, possibly dead.

Blanco gets subbed.

Night of major upsets.

I narrowly avoided my first losing record picking fights...5-5. Whew! Crazy night.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Nail said:
Can someone post the Alistair Overeem zooming in pic. Thanks :D
Sure.

0038_xlge.gif

polyh3dron said:
There was a Bigfoot bandwagon?
You must have missed everyone claiming Reem was ducking Big Foot. He got overrated after the Fedor win because everyone didn't realize Fedor is done like dinner.

Heel

polyh3dron said:
There was a Bigfoot bandwagon?

Didn't a certain someone have him rated as the #2 heavyweight in the world in a year's time...right ahead of Meathead? I won't say names!

shcmg.jpg

:)

HWGP Prediction: Cormier's hand is broken, forcing him out of the Tourney. Gravedigger Chad steps in, beats Barnett by TKO to become the GP Champ. Instant UFC Title Shot against Reem.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
polyh3dron said:
HWGP Prediction: Cormier's hand is broken, forcing him out of the Tourney. Gravedigger Chad steps in, beats Barnett by TKO to become the GP Champ. Instant UFC Title Shot against Reem.

Who he will fucking destroy. Reem to loose in the same style as his brother.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Who he will fucking destroy. Reem to loose in the same style as his brother.
Griggs becomes UFC HW Champ via multiple illegal shots to the back of the head confirmed

His trolling of MMA is then completed when he loses to Roy Nelson who is a replacement for the guy he is originally set to defend his title against.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Pffffft y'all mad. He will drop to 205 and will tap Bones to strikes then have a catch-weight match with Silva who he will K.O in the first at 58 seconds.

Salih

Bigfoot getting fucking bombs in the face. classic. fedor am cry.
Souza losing to a no name. haha.
Roger Gracie - that is what you get when you step in the octagon as a jiu-jitz only fighter.

agrajag

Banned
so how exactly was Bigfoot supposed to beat Alistair now? I guess people forgot the Bigfoot Werdum fight and all they remembered was Fedor's face.

agrajag

Banned
let's see: Olympic caliber wrestling? Check. Knockout power? Check. Quick hands? Check. I agree that Big Foot is nothing special, but Cormier impressed.

With that said, I think Brock would eat Bigfoot for breakfast.

Heel

yacobod said:
Sherdog just posted it's list of all time top 10 mma heavyweights.

1. Fedor
2. Big Nog
3. Randy Couture
4. Mirko "Crocop"
5. Josh Barnett
6. Frank Mir
7. Tim Sylvia
8. Mark Coleman
9. Cain Velasquez
10. Werdum

Discuss.

Fedor and Nog voted #1 and #2 unanimously...TheNatural, hurry up and spin this!

yacobod said:
pro wrestling all the way baby!

brock and josh tag team in the UFC to lead the show.

Barnett showing people that pro-wrestlers are stongest! Although I would like to argue that the pro-wrestling he represents is not that WWE crap! Puroresu all the way!

If Barnett gets a UFC deal I wonder if Dana will try and stop the pro-wrestling talk. Thing he will need to understand is that Josh is a Pro-Wrestler. Thats his fight discipline!

If you haven't got it already you should buy that Say Uncle!: Catch-As-Catch Can Wrestling and the Roots of Ultimate Fighting, Pro Wrestling & Modern Grappling book

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1550229613/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Luixfern

Ugh, why does Randy get ranked so high? Other than the fact he fought forever, he was a very mediocre fighter. I don't understand the acclaim.

dream

kobashi100 said:
Barnett showing people that pro-wrestlers are stongest! Although I would like to argue that the pro-wrestling he represents is not that WWE crap! Puroresu all the way!

If Barnett gets a UFC deal I wonder if Dana will try and stop the pro-wrestling talk. Thing he will need to understand is that Josh is a Pro-Wrestler. Thats his fight discipline!

If you haven't got it already you should buy that Say Uncle!: Catch-As-Catch Can Wrestling and the Roots of Ultimate Fighting, Pro Wrestling & Modern Grappling book

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1550229613/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Welcome, friend!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Luixfern said:
Ugh, why does Randy get ranked so high? Other than the fact he fought forever, he was a very mediocre fighter. I don't understand the acclaim.
Randy lost to legit guys for the most part. The loss to the lesser Overeem does always get me though.

I think you can have an interesting debate in regards to ranking Randy, Barnett and Mirko.

Bishman

yacobod said:

1. Fedor
2. Big Nog
3. Randy Couture
4. Mirko "Crocop"
5. Josh Barnett
6. Frank Mir
7. Tim Sylvia
8. Mark Coleman
9. Cain Velasquez
10. Werdum

Discuss.
Fedor and Big Nog should be #1 and #2 on everyone list.

I would put Cro Cop ahead of Randy but it's debatable so I understand that.

This list isn't bad. I can't really argue with it.

tass0

Banned
yacobod said:

1. Fedor
2. Big Nog
3. Randy Couture
4. Mirko "Crocop"
5. Josh Barnett
6. Frank Mir
7. Tim Sylvia
8. Mark Coleman
9. Cain Velasquez
10. Werdum

Discuss.

Not bad.

Get rid of Cain/Werdum, make Mirko/Couture swap places, and it's done.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
For the last 2 years Pat Miletich has been pushing Daniel Cormier as the real deal, and there has been alot of people laughing and being douche acting like he's a nobody.

So after last night..does he get some respect for being legit, and Does Pat look like less of a corporate shill to Strikeforce in everyone's eyes that he was accused of being?

Higgy

You can tell your sports not very old when you have some of those names as your 10 greatest of all time. Look Frank Mir is a nice guy and all but he's top ten greatest at that weight all time? Pretty slim depth in these goat lists. Tim Sylvia? Ugh.

TheNatural

My Member!
sien916 said:
Fedor and Nog voted #1 and #2 unanimously...TheNatural, hurry up and spin this!

Going by opinions still I guess, omg they must mean something! All I know is a guy with less than 10 fights just DESTROYED the same guy who DESTROYED Fedor.

Go watch the can M-1 Global has set up for Fedor in Russia. I hear they're going to pay Jeff Monson in Vodka.

Kayo-kun

TheNatural said:
Going by opinions still I guess, omg they must mean something! All I know is a guy with less than 10 fights just DESTROYED the same guy who DESTROYED Fedor.

Go watch the can M-1 Global has set up for Fedor in Russia. I hear they're going to pay Jeff Monson in Vodka.

Doing MMA math is hilarious isnt it?

tass0

Banned
TheNatural said:
Nah they'll just fix it - like most of Fedor's PRIDE fights were. Sonnen speaks the truth. :p

Sonnen lives in his own little world.

He couldn't catch a win in Japan, he's just bitter.

Top Bottom