• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(mod) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Community Edition

Puscifer

50 new fighters made by the community, has characters such as Psylocke, Gene from God Hand, Nero from DMC, Rogue from X-Men, Leon Kennedy and plenty others. You should expect this mod to be finished as folks have been adding other fighters, stages and costumes for ages

Also, here's a video with Psylocke and Cyclops to get an idea of how much work the community has done.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Holy fucking shit , I had forgotten about this game but this looks awesome, does anybody knows when it is releasing?
Not 100% sure yet, but I should watch this Twitter. But as a follower of the mod scene I can tell you there's just not a way this isn't happening. I'm sure at this point it's more about getting all the mods together for the community and making it installable.

Puscifer

I really hope the community bands together and tries to balance this version into sort of a PM type situation for tournaments
Seriously, Capcom fighters really lost me after that launch of infinite and the ridiculous pay schemes of Street Fighter 5 put me off that I'm not bothering with 6. When this mods done and balanced to have it at Evo would light a fire under Capcom and Disneys asses to see there's a market for this.

MagnesD3

Seriously, Capcom fighters really lost me after that launch of infinite and the ridiculous pay schemes of Street Fighter 5 put me off that I'm not bothering with 6. When this mods done and balanced to have it at Evo would light a fire under Capcom and Disneys asses to see there's a market for this.
Ah man, it could be so sick. I loved what PM was.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

This would never be at Evo unless were talking a side tourney in some guys hotel room

You should really try sf6 however. Best SF game since 3rd strike imho.

Puscifer

This would never be at Evo unless were talking a side tourney in some guys hotel room

You should really try sf6 however. Best SF game since 3rd strike imho.
Mm, yeah, no. Character pass that didn't include stages but you can get them with the ultimate pass! Basically 110 dollars, no thanks. It's just so corporate.

poodaddy

Very cool, when it's fully finished I'll absolutely install it as a pack.

Did they bring back mah beautiful Venom and his 19 glorious inches? Asking for a friend.....

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Very cool, when it's fully finished I'll absolutely install it as a pack.

Did they bring back mah beautiful Venom and his 19 glorious inches? Asking for a friend.....
Venom is in process but looks amazing.

poodaddy

Venom is in process but looks amazing.
yeah boy slap GIF

Not really ever had an interest in the series, but always happy to hear modders keeping a community alive and engaged for older titles. There's so many great games that get such incredible fan support.

Grechy34

There's no way you'll see this at Evo as it's not officially licensed.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
50 new fighters made by the community, has characters such as Psylocke, Gene from God Hand, Nero from DMC, Rogue from X-Men, Leon Kennedy and plenty others. You should expect this mod to be finished as folks have been adding other fighters, stages and costumes for ages

Also, here's a video with Psylocke and Cyclops to get an idea of how much work the community has done.

We need Fiona Belli.

gamer82

will they ever port this to console or is this jst pc only thing, it would be a shame consideing the work put it to just leave it on pc

Last edited:

poodaddy

will they ever port this to console or is this jst pc only thing, it would be a shame consideing the work put it to just leave it on pc
This kind of work will absolutely never be on console. This isn't balanced and it's strictly community enthusiast work. Would love to see it but it just isn't gonna happen. That being said, just food for thought and I'm not trying to pull you in to any community, but Mahvel runs incredibly well on the weakest PC hardware you'd ever realistically see in any modern PC, so if you ever wanted to get into this but you're not a PC guy, trust me this would be accessible to you no matter what your budget. Again, not advertising for PC as a platform, just letting you know, though you probably already knew that.

MagnesD3

I still hope eventually there is a tournament scene like PM that comes from these mods having a team that wants to balance these additional characters and create a meta.

Last edited:

gamer82

This kind of work will absolutely never be on console. This isn't balanced and it's strictly community enthusiast work. Would love to see it but it just isn't gonna happen. That being said, just food for thought and I'm not trying to pull you in to any community, but Mahvel runs incredibly well on the weakest PC hardware you'd ever realistically see in any modern PC, so if you ever wanted to get into this but you're not a PC guy, trust me this would be accessible to you no matter what your budget. Again, not advertising for PC as a platform, just letting you know, though you probably already knew that.
how about macbook air m2 as thats my main computer now.

poodaddy

how about macbook air m2 as thats my main computer now.
I'm not an Apple guy but I would think it'd run nearly flawlessly through boot camp.

A cursory search showed a reddit thread from seven years ago where people were saying it was running mostly flawlessly through boot camp on macs from 2013. What year is your Mac?

Top Bottom