• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modnation beta thread of low framerate awesomeness

GTAce

Banned
I uploaded a recreation of the High Speed Ring from Gran Turismo, hope its already on the server. I made two versions, one with and one without powerups (slipstream racing works pretty good in this game). The track is of course nothing crazy with shortcuts and jumps, but i found it fun to drive on. Please tell me what you think.

StaSeb

The custom Mods (think Miis, Avatars) are AWESOME!

Check out these Screenshots:

MODNATION_17.JPG

MODNATION_39.JPG

MODNATION_20.JPG

Source

Overall there is pretty much everything said about the BETA. The framerate makes me cry and i spend more time on designing stuff than on racing. Racing seems fun - not more, not less.

StaSeb

BTW: Those shots are taken directly from the Top-Mods-Section of the game. I am far too un-artsy for that. Everything I touch turns into ugly. ;_;

theBishop

Banned
I'm not 100% on board with the core racing gameplay. But the online features are spectacular. I love that people are already persisting in your world even before you join a race.

santi_yo

templeusox said:
Yours is awesome. All your work is. But both of you guys copied someone else's work.
I have to admit... I copied it from Guerrilla Games

200px-Guerrillagames.svg.png

But... they copied it from Jin-Roh Anime

jin-roh_the_wolf_brigade_298_1024.jpg

So everybody is guilty :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
santi_yo said:
I have to admit... I copied it from Guerrilla Games
But... they copied it from Jin-Roh Anime
So everybody is guilty :lol
Ok ,according to Guerrilla Games, the designer of the helghast didnt watch that anime.
Both the japanese cartoon and the game based their designs on the WWII german army.

santi_yo

Fersis said:
Ok ,according to Guerrilla Games, the designer of the helghast didnt watch that anime.
Both the japanese cartoon and the game based their designs on the WWII german army.
Who are you going to believe? Me or GG designer?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
santi_yo said:
Who are you going to believe? Me or GG designer?
:lol

I never watched that cartoon though.

GTAce

Banned
Yey my High Speed Ring is finally on the server. Please also search for Hidden Path Raceway in 24 hours. I put a lot of effort in that.

Oozinator

Banned
just started the game today only to receive a message saying my "SwastiCar" kart mod has been banned from online play. I Guess I actively participated in the beta by testing their moderation system :lol

EDIT: I notice the game displays I still have only 28 free upload slots instead of the initial 30 while claiming I didn't upload any mod.

Oozinator said:
just started the game today only to receive a message saying my "SwastiCar" kart mod has been banned from online play. I Guess I actively participated in the beta by testing their moderation system :lol

EDIT: I notice the game displays I still have only 28 free upload slots instead of the initial 30 while claiming I didn't upload any mod.
A small penalty for recreating the worst human being of the 20th century.

ModNation Racers for PlayStation 3 will release on May 21 in the UK, VG247 can exclusively reveal.

Sony’s just confirmed the date to us via email just now. The firm insists that the date for the PSP version, announced back in February, is still “TBC”.

The racer from United Front Games will now launch in the UK and Europe before it does in the US: it’s due to launch there on May 25.

The game was announced at Sony’s press conference last summer at E3 in Los Angeles, and is meant to be seen as another big push from the firm into its self-proclaimed “Play, Create, Share” genre it introduced with Media Molecule’s LittleBigPlanet nearly two years ago.

Watch the latest US TV ad for it, introduced yesterday, here. It has Kevin Butler, and that’s good enough reason to watch it.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/04/23/modnation-racers-ps3-to-release-on-may-21-in-uk/#more-91442

There we go we have a UK/EU date now to :)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yo GAF I got a PSP demo code. Problem is I don't want to play this on PSP. I want play on PS3 badly.

If anyone wants it quote me and it's yours.

Fersis said:

That is almost guaranteed bullshit.

Anway... back to the racing.

CryptiK

So I am off to a Sony Modnation Racers event tomorrow in Australia we get to play the complete build(or close too) unfortunately we don't get a copy :( but we get to go go-karting as well :D I haven't played this game at all so i will be going in fresh.

Takao

Banned
Dechaios said:
Don't know too much about the PSP one. Also customizable right?

Yep, although the demo only allows you to customize a single track. The full game will offer tracks, karts, and mods. Has local, and online multiplayer. Assuming hackers don't ruin the game, this will be my Mario Kart :D

Top Bottom