• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith Soft recruiting 1st production development staff for new RPG Project

sublimit

Banned
https://gematsu.com/2018/10/monolit...duction-development-staff-for-new-rpg-project

Monolith Soft’s 1st Production development department, which developed Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, is hiring staff for the development of a new RPG project.

The studio is seeking programmers (graphics programmers, character control programmers, and AI programmers), planners (level designers), technical artists (modeling TA, animation TA, and effects TA), designers (map modelers, in-game animators, character modelers, character designers for the artwork staff, and script event creators), and management and support staff (production assistants and event production management) to work on the RPG.

Visit the recruitment website here.

This must be for the ambitious fantasy action RPG and it's the 2nd time they have posted that they are seeking new staff for it. First time was one year ago:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/mono...ng-action-game-staff-for-new-project.1421702/

bg-joblist.jpg

Monolith-Soft_08-20-17_001.jpg

Hudo

Man, I am as hyped for this as I am for Project Re-Fantasy. Whatever Monolith Soft are cooking up, I'm already in.
Do Monolith have 2 teams? One for the next Xenoblade and one for this fantasy RPG? Or is it one team?

sublimit

Banned
Man, I am as hyped for this as I am for Project Re-Fantasy. Whatever Monolith Soft are cooking up, I'm already in.
Do Monolith have 2 teams? One for the next Xenoblade and one for this fantasy RPG? Or is it one team?
Good question. Personally i doubt they have enough people to work on 2 huge AF games simultaneously. I'm assuming this must be for their Fantasy project.

And yes,i'm also very excited for this as well as Atlus Project Re-Fantasy,Square Enix's Project Prelude Rune,Babylon's Fall,Granblue Fantasy Project re link and CyGames Project Awakening. Great times ahead for Japanese RPGs! :)

Zenaku

It seems they may be building 2 teams.

They're still advertising for the fantasy game (looking for people with action game experience) on top of looking for people for this RPG project under Takahashi (which is hopefully X2).

sublimit

Banned
It seems they may be building 2 teams.

They're still advertising for the fantasy game (looking for people with action game experience) on top of looking for people for this RPG project under Takahashi (which is hopefully X2).
You may be right. After all the image on their recruitment page is a render from Xenoblade Chronicles.

I guess my hype for their Fantasy ARPG made me jump to conclusions. :)

Last edited:

Zenaku

You may be right. After all the image on their recruitment page is a render from Xenoblade Chronicles.

I guess my hype for their Fantasy ARPG made me jump to conclusions. :)
They also have seperate pages for both.

https://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/

First red box is the fantasy game recruitment, second red box is for the "1st production team" (under Takahashi). The new one has a long message from Takahashi himself (general gist, they need more people in most areas to cover sicknesses, he'd like to find character designers that can give an identity to the company, map building and level design trump everything - including scenario, and that it's a new rpg project that continues on from Blade, X and 2).

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

sublimit

Banned
The general design is pretty cool, but I Hate that cartoony face.
Personally i don't see anything "cartoony" about it just beautiful stylization. Do you also hate Yoshitaka Amano's "cartoony" faces? And in any case this just concept art that is aimed for the mood and feel of the concept,the in-game models may look completely different in style.

Andyliini

Monolith Soft is one of the best studios I know, so whatever they are cooking, they have my interest. Just finished Torna the other day and oh boy was it great, definitely one of the best expansions I have ever played. I personally even think that Monolith Soft fits the description "New Rare" far better than Retro Srudios.

lo zaffo

As far as I remember, Monolith soft staff count of main Tokyo building is in the 150 number. They do wonders IMHO, I hope the best for them.

Last edited:

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Monolith is simultaneously one of the best and one of the worst studios in existence.

They create massive, beautiful worlds that are a pleasure to explore, amazing music, and fun battle systems. Then they absolutely cram it full of terrible, time wasting bullshit and busywork. And each game has been worse than the last in that regard.

Xenoblade games felt like really amazing 40-hour JRPGs buried under 60 hours of garbage. Hopefully this new game cuts out the shit, but I have a feeling we’ll have lots of “go collect randomly spawning shiny blue dots” fetch quests and mini games you have to grind for dozens of hours to get the good stuff. And 13 year old girls in their underpants.

Boss Mog

It's absolutely ridiculous that there hasn't been a Xenosaga Trilogy HD realeased yet. At least release the digital PS2 versions on PS4 with trophy support for fuck's sake.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's absolutely ridiculous that there hasn't been a Xenosaga Trilogy HD realeased yet. At least release the digital PS2 versions on PS4 with trophy support for fuck's sake.
This might be stupid question but does Monolith Soft own the Xenosega IP?

Edit: I'm guessing if they didn't, they couldn't put Kos-Mos and T-elos in to XC2.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned

Edit: I'm guessing if they didn't, they couldn't put Kos-Mos and T-elos in to XC2.
Actually i think it's Namco who owns it:

Maybe Kos-Mos and T-elos in XC2 was just a collaboration? At the very least it shows that Namco has good relations with Monolith Soft/Nintendo

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Xenosaga is owned by Bandai Namco. They got permission to use Kos-Mos & T-elos for XC2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom