• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Collecting Games

Fou-Lu

With all the talk of Pokemon X and Y I'm curious what other series have existed that are monster collectathons.

Off the top of my head I can remember Monster Rancher, Jade Cocoon and Megaten.

NMFried

Digimon World Dawn/Dusk are pretty great.

Also I'm like the only person in the world who liked Digimon World Championship. It's basically tamagotchi, and you train the Digimon to fight in an arena, but you don't actually control them.

FYC

Banned
7wdafzq.jpg

DuIKKGi.jpg

DemiKids, I think.

bremon

I played so much Dragon Warrior Monsters many years ago it was ridiculous. Not as much as Pokemon blue and silver but I kept playing it long after I had the game clock maxed. Had to keep breeding to get a really high powered demon team lol. Very enjoyable game (from what I remember).

Reknoc

With all the talk of Pokemon X and Y I'm curious what other series have existed that are monster collectathons.

Off the top of my head I can remember Monster Rancher, Jade Cocoon and Megaten.

<3 that game. Shame I've not been able to play the sequel.

Some of the Bomberman games had an emphasis on animal collecting. There was also some weird gameboy game that I had (disguised as some pokemon game someone probably got on a dodgy market stall) where you used mobile phones.

Tizoc

Would Granbo count?

MegaTen games on the NES would be the first to have a 'monster collecting' aspect correct?

I could be wrong but didn't Dark Arms for the Neo Geo Pocket also involve monster collecting?

Top Bottom