• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My G Rank Giggi gunner is ready for action. Status Atk +2, Bomb Boost, Loading, Destroyer and (useless to my L. Bowguns) Free Element. It's going to be fun using my Rapid Crag shots and Sleeping everything.

You can hack at it. But the best way to to put him to sleep and bomb the hell out of his face. You can do it while he's exhausted and stuck in a bit fall as well, but with less decent results.

yea, just destroyed it with Latent Power but damn they made him more annoying than in MHFU...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You get another little mask dude if you do some of the other quests at that level. Lagi is damn near impossible to fight underwater without help, I hate him so much.
The only other quests at that level I have available are the capture Lagi quest and the fucking Powderstone quest.

I mean, I'm about as set-up as I can be at the moment. Got my Barroth armor, which I've upgraded to level 5 across the board. Got an awesome hammer with Fire damage. I keep thinking I'm doing alright but then I'll get stunlocked and get knocked out with half my health left, and with his attention on me the only option I ever have to drink potions is running from the zone and returning.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The only other quests at that level I have available are the capture Lagi quest and the fucking Powderstone quest.

I mean, I'm about as set-up as I can be at the moment. Got my Barroth armor, which I've upgraded to level 5 across the board. Got an awesome hammer with Fire damage. I keep thinking I'm doing alright but then I'll get stunlocked and get knocked out with half my health left, and with his attention on me the only option I ever have to drink potions is running from the zone and returning.

Powderstone opens up more I believe.

The Technomancer

Powderstone opens up more I believe.

Yeah, but to beat Powderstone I apparently have to invest in like three dozen poison bombs so I can kill enough of those fucking bugs to make the armor that makes the quest even remtely possible from what I've read. And even then I'm likely to run into Jay Leno on my wah back, and he'll charge into me and possibly kill me and definitly make me drop the damn stone.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, but to beat Powderstone I apparently have to invest in like three dozen poison bombs so I can kill enough of those fucking bugs to make the armor that makes the quest even remtely possible from what I've read. And even then I'm likely to run into Jay Leno on my wah back, and he'll charge into me and possible kill me and definitly make me drop the damn stone.

No, you need to get a food buff. There's a buff that will allow you to jump from the final area to an earlier one without breaking the stone. After that just run, but don't allow your stam gauge to hit red otherwise the rock will break.

The Technomancer

No, you need to get a food buff. There's a buff that will allow you to jump from the final area to an earlier one without breaking the stone. After that just run, but don't allow your stam gauge to hit red otherwise the rock will break.

Any idea how to get that buff? I haven't found a good table of them online.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Any idea how to get that buff? I haven't found a good table of them online.

It's the Felyne Lander skill and I can't seem to find a table of how to make the skills. I just did whatever was fresh, cycled through the different ways to cook until I found it. It makes the entire thing really easy if you can get it. Just try every combo of food and cooking style.

Hoodbury

Yeah, but to beat Powderstone I apparently have to invest in like three dozen poison bombs so I can kill enough of those fucking bugs to make the armor that makes the quest even remtely possible from what I've read. And even then I'm likely to run into Jay Leno on my wah back, and he'll charge into me and possibly kill me and definitly make me drop the damn stone.

Not sure who is telling you that, I do that quest just fine with no special armor or food buffs. Just do the food buff to maximize your health and use rations or steaks before you pick up the powderstone so you have full stamina as well.

You can also put the fluffy mask on one of the cha cha's and just ping him every once in awhile to see where a big monster is and then go a different way.

The Technomancer

Not sure who is telling you that, I do that quest just fine with no special armor or food buffs. Just do the food buff to maximize your health and use rations or steaks before you pick up the powderstone so you have full stamina as well.

You can also put the fluffy mask on one of the cha cha's and just ping him every once in awhile to see where a big monster is and then go a different way.

How? Even with the health food buff I have like only half health left by the time I get to the second big area, and thats with playing a song on my horn that negates stamina use.

Hoodbury

How? Even with the health food buff I have like only half health left by the time I get to the second big area, and thats with playing a song on my horn that negates stamina use.

What's taking you so long? You can still sprint while holding them. I usually get back to the base with a 1/4 of my life left. Then just sleep in the bed and go out for the next one and use another ration when I get there.

What level is your health food buff at? I do fish and grain I believe and get max health. Otherwise use a max potion to get your health bar at max.

Beats

How? Is this another one of those mechanics the game has never explained?

It's a skill decoration. You can make one with an Aquaglow jewel and Dash Extract(you can get these from Royal Ludroth fairly easily) at the forge. The skill let's you move faster while carrying an egg/powderstone and lets you fall from high places without dropping the item. If you have an armor set with at least 5 slots you can gem it in.

insin

Neo Member
You can buy the Loc Lac armour in Tanzia Port, thank fuck.

I've never had trouble with powderstones. Not in Tri and not here. Just DLed the G rank powderstone quest and did it by myself. No special armor. I did luck out and get the felyne lander foodskill but I've done this sort of quest many times with no extra buffs. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
It's the Felyne Lander skill and I can't seem to find a table of how to make the skills. I just did whatever was fresh, cycled through the different ways to cook until I found it. It makes the entire thing really easy if you can get it. Just try every combo of food and cooking style.
A +40hp food bonus is enough, drink an energy drink right before picking the stone up and the stamina bonus will be just long enough for you you to get back to the base. You'll only have to mind the monster roaming the map, don't try to pass if it's in a zone you're going to cross but go back a zone and use the other way to the delivery box.

You can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom