• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4, new details and screenshots

Mostly about Felynes and their resort island.

inUAQOt5MuIDH.gif

Monster Hunter 4 will be bringing back the Felyne equipment feature which was available in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for PSP in Japan. By visiting the blacksmith, you’ll get to make various equipment such as weapons, head gear and body armor for your Felynes. The headgear will give your Felyne characteristic traits on what type of monsters they’ll attack, such as small or large monsters.
CJWyZqo.jpg

We’ve already seen two of Monster Hunter 4’s towns—the trading commerce, Barubare, where many travelers and hunters around the world gather, and Naguri Village, a place that is surrounded by molting lava, ideal for any blacksmith. The third area is called Chico Village, and unlike the previous two, it’s a small and calm area surrounded by the sea.
UZlxUFP.jpg
zfxc45t.jpg

PocaPoca Island is a small island next to Chico Village. This island has many features that are similar to what was available on farms in previous Monster Hunter games. You can send out the “Mon Nyan” Felyne crew off on quests and they’ll return with items that are needed to make Felyne equipment. There are three different routes of near, normal and far quest routes, with the further quests being tougher but more rewarding. You’ll need to equip food for them, which has a maximum of three slots and depletes as they go on quests.
ZHUe3Sa.png

For the first time, you’ll actually be participating in the Felyne quests by pressing the touch screen to activate their skills, however, you’ll also have to keep in mind which skills to use, as they can also back fire on you if not used properly.
R1l2fhS.png

Finally, here’s a look at the new fishing machine that is available on PocaPoca Island. It requires Felynes and stock to use. It may seem easy to use, but it can be quite tricky, as the goal is to aim for an area that has more fish. If the fish move during the last second before you shoot, you’ll end up with a rather poor catch. There are also Felynes who specialize in fishing, making them a great boost for this feature.
OJBBQ3a.jpg

Siliconera: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/1...village-is-a-peaceful-island-full-of-felynes/

MH4 Official Site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/4/index.html

Kacho

Monster Hunter 4 will be bringing back the Felyne equipment feature which was available in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for PSP in Japan.

This is great news for me. I loved gearing up my Felyne companions in P3rd.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Awesome more stuff to do is always a plus, I just hope we get this in the west before the end of the year....which won't happen ;_;

monster_img_22_01.jpg

Wow, textures look really good in this, how odd.

I think the issue is they get too close to the camera at points, which is why they look that bad.

But the 3DS' RAM should allow them to beef up the textures right? What else can RAM be used for that this game is using?

Nags

Banned
monster_img_22_01.jpg

Wow, textures look really good in this, how odd.

I think the issue is they get too close to the camera at points, which is why they look that bad.

But the 3DS' RAM should allow them to beef up the textures right? What else can RAM be used for that this game is using?

That's probably as good as it's going to get on 3DS.

GeekyDad

All right...there are lolcat monster hunters. Tried so many times to get into this series, but it just didn't click. This might be the one.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Will buy this day one on Wii U, whenever that comes out. I guess I will try the 3DS demo, but I just can't imagine being able to handle the controls. It was hard enough to get good with a dedicated camera stick on MH3U on Wii U.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Excellent, excellent. My friends and I are just starting to tire of 3U, so figure we get another month of out it, then hopefully six to eight months later this releases and we'll all be raring to go again.

Didly

Banned
Why is there no Monster Hunter for PS4 yet?

Seriously. I played the original on PS2 back in the day and it was a goddamn blast. Why the portable market so heavily?

Calamari41

41 > 38

Seriously. I played the original on PS2 back in the day and it was a goddamn blast. Why the portable market so heavily?

Sales went to the level of legitimate phenomenon in Japan once the series hit portables.

impact

Banned

Eh just wait for the inevitable console port. MH3U wasn't worth buying till it got a console port and the same applies here. I doubt its gonna stay on 3DS forever.

Less work on graphics? That's my guess.

EDIT: That too. Then I question lack of a Vita version.

Nags

Banned
Eh just wait for the inevitable console port. MH3U wasn't worth buying till it got a console port and the same applies here. I doubt its gonna stay on 3DS forever.

Didn't they come out like practically on the same day? What do you mean until?

Top Bottom