• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beats

anyone want to help me kill some G-Rank Lagombi and Najarala? I need a couple of parts for some Ukanlos stuff. : <

We can do whatever after that or take turns.

54-1767-9709-6067
Pass is 1234.

Post the ID in here and I can almost guarantee you'll get a bunch of G rank people magically appearing to beat it up for you.

as for the fight, I tried soloing it a few times before I caved in and watched a video. There is a lot going on.

At this point I'm scared I'd still feed too fast. I'll give it a few more goes before I crack and look at a video.

Scher

Good selection there :)

I also suggested 'getting it done'. I do like 'sorry...' though.

Obviously '|OT2| You're the one to get it done!' is the only proper choice.

At this point I'm scared I'd still feed too fast. I'll give it a few more goes before I crack and look at a video.

Don't worry about dying too fast or anything. If you post a room here, I'm sure most people will be understanding about it, since you're still learning the fight and all. A lot of us just want to help out and are pretty patient about things!

ilium

updated

|OT2| Get on the Magala's back!
|OT2| Pardon!
|OT2| No life 4U
|OT2| I'm really felyne it!
|OT2| Dan Ryckert won't stop you from playing
|OT2| Varia suits for some, skintight spandex for others
|OT2| The Password is 1234, Right?
|OT2| Sorry...
|OT2| I fucked up my Kinsect
|OT2| doodlewhack adventure
|OT2| "I'm felyne eggstactic"
|OT2 You're the one to get it done!
|OT2| we are the real monsters
|OT2| Je suis monté!
|OT2| League of Monsterphiles

rdaneel72

Pointless question.

Online, usually the player's name over their head is in white text, but once in a while, the text is kinda pink. What does that signify?

just curious.

Scher

Pointless question.

Online, usually the player's name over their head is in white text, but once in a while, the text is kinda pink. What does that signify?

just curious.

The color of your name changes depending on what HR you are. In the case of what you mentioned, the name turns purple when you hit HR100.

Bronco'Bama

Neo Member
IOT2I Sorry...

Definitely my favorite of the bunch. As a frequent hammer user I've had to dole out some apologies for launching people at improper times.

rdaneel72

The color of your name changes depending on what HR you are. In the case of what you mentioned, the name turns purple when you hit HR100.

Are there multiple colors, or just the two? Seems to me that the hunters in question were the same HR as me. I'm only HR3, so mostly hunting with noobs like me. I think I would've noticed an HR100 slumming with a bunch of LRs.

Also, what's the limit before you need to make a new OT?

Scher

Are there multiple colors, or just the two? Seems to me that the hunters in question were the same HR as me. I'm only HR3, so mostly hunting with noobs like me. I think I would've noticed an HR100 slumming with a bunch of LRs.

Yeah, there's multiple colors. When you said pinkish, the only color I could think that was close to that was purple. I don't remember exactly what rank you get it, but there's also red, which is the color you'll have before purple. That's the only other one I can think of that's close to pinkish, though.

Valus

Yeah, there's multiple colors. When you said pinkish, the only color I could think that was close to that was purple. I don't remember exactly what rank you get it, but there's also red, which is the color you'll have before purple. That's the only other one I can think of that's close to pinkish, though.

Is purple the last color?

Made a set for high rank just now, a Velociprey S that gets me Attack Up XL, Detect and Halve Stun. with no weapon slots, or replace XL with L + C skill with a weapon slot. No clue what C skill to use though so I'm just rolling with the XL.

I'll try to get this to carry me up to G rank, we'll see though.
That's what I used to get to G rank. It's a nice set. I went full idiot and got AutoDetect and anti-stun. It was perfect for HR, since you learn the monster starting locations, so when you finally change sets, you should have a basic idea of where monsters start.

rdaneel72

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. Maybe it wasn't really pink. Just noticed it was different. Wondering what it signified.

Topped 100 hours last night (which isn't much compared to some, I know) and still only HR3!

Saprol

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. Maybe it wasn't really pink. Just noticed it was different. Wondering what it signified.

Topped 100 hours last night (which isn't much compared to some, I know) and still only HR3!
Once you can take high rank (4*) quests from the other clerk I think your name starts changing to orange and then red once you're near the end of high rank.

PrankT

Hammer people, what skills are essential? I've mainly been using hunting horn, but I'd like a different weapon when another horn joins. I'll be making the seregios hammer (and great sword) since I have so many materials.

Evasion 2 and hg earplugs are a staple for me, so I already have those plugged in. I also like divine blessing and tremor resistance, but can see what fits.

tragic

Developer
IOT2I Sorry...

Definitely my favorite of the bunch. As a frequent hammer user I've had to dole out some apologies for launching people at improper times.

Agreed! I have been known to drop "Sorry" here and there, but hey... sometimes you just have to go all in with the Wide 5 / Artillery God without regards to anyone's feelings!

I also like:

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| Notice me sempai!!!

upandaway

That's what I used to get to G rank. It's a nice set. I went full idiot and got AutoDetect and anti-stun. It was perfect for HR, since you learn the monster starting locations, so when you finally change sets, you should have a basic idea of where monsters start.
Hmm yeah I might drop Attack to L for the Psychic, I didn't realize Detect only works after paintball. I've had my fill of trying to find monsters around.

Man, back in Tri/3U I felt like a psychic even without the Psychic skill. I had all the monster movement down to a science.

Beats

Agreed! I have been known to drop "Sorry" here and there, but hey... sometimes you just have to go all in with the Wide 5 / Artillery God without regards to anyone's feelings!

I also like:

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| Notice me sempai!!!

lol, I've seen at least 20 people with that for their mounting message.

A guy I saw with the mounting message admitted to stealing it from another player, lol.

Also I personally think it should be called [HR2] instead of [OT2], but I doubt the mods will allow that.

Mupod

I want to steal "My other car is a Lagombi." for my mount message, but then it'd be awkward if I ever played with that guy.

Speaking of mounting messages, what did you all set yours to?

Mine's "Ninja Cowboy!!" after one of the greatest movies of all time
(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze)

Scher

I actually had a random annoyed by me because that was my mounting message.

Literally nobody in the world of Monster Hunter wants to help me with the Ukanlos urgent quest. Would anybody mind giving me a hand?

ID: 06-9192-7195-6761

I joined your room but apparently you had just departed when I got there. I'll go ahead and stick around, though, just in case there are any issues with your urgent.

Pbae

So I just got these in the mail and they are fantastic! I highly suggest these if anyone's thumbs slip off the d-pad circle.

71B5MSj40aL._SL1000_.jpg

41U0XEs2arL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom