• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne will rival the size of the original game

Whitesnake

Banned
Following the fresh news and first decent gameplay footage of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne that came out of Sony’s State of Play stream last week, a Senior UK and Europe PR representative for Capcom has now revealed that the new Iceborne expansion content size “will rival the original release”. Better start hunting for those bytes to free up on your hard drives now, then.

With the minimum requirements for the basegame on Steam needing 30GB of free disk space, we can expect Iceborne, the game’s first major expansion, to be a pretty big deal. We already know that it will feature its own complete story, picking up after the events of the hugely-successful Monster Hunter: World with a brand-new arctic environment, as well as monsters to hunt, and armour and weapons to forge, within it.

Though no release date for the PC version has yet been announced, it is expected to drop in Winter 2019, hopefully hot on the heels of the September 9th release date announced for the console versions.

I guess they weren’t kidding when the kept calling it a “massive expansion”.

Shifty

Because its the main game with snow on top of it? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
giphy.gif

#Phonepunk#

Banned
curious about this. love the game but i got stuck at one point and i just cannot kill the next monster. over and over they make me faint in a couple minutes. i still hop in from time to time to fight events and stuff but im stuck on Into the Bowels of the Vale.

Mista

Banned
Music to my ears (or eyes in this case) I never liked MH before but MH: W hooked me

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Monsters revealed so far besides Nargacuga honestly look boring as shit.

Still buying day one regardless though since I know there's more to come.

Hinedorf

Banned
curious about this. love the game but i got stuck at one point and i just cannot kill the next monster. over and over they make me faint in a couple minutes. i still hop in from time to time to fight events and stuff but im stuck on Into the Bowels of the Vale.

I just got back into it on PS4, I'm level 83 and I've done pretty much everything that isn't tempered. If you're on PS4 I can help ya. I've hit my own wall as I don't really know how to progress. I assume I'm just supposed to do investigations but not sure if I'm missing something.

Shifty

I just got back into it on PS4, I'm level 83 and I've done pretty much everything that isn't tempered. If you're on PS4 I can help ya. I've hit my own wall as I don't really know how to progress. I assume I'm just supposed to do investigations but not sure if I'm missing something.
Tempered stuff is weird since you can only get it via investigations, and you can only get those investigations by finding tempered tracks. Best strat is to match into other people's tempered hunts online and stack up your own that way.

There are some thresholds for a couple of final final endgame quests that involve beating certain amounts of tempered monsters at each threat level- it's probably simplest to look them up on the wiki if you want to shoot for them since there's no real indication of how far away they are.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
If you're on PS4 I can help ya

cool thanks but im on Steam!

tbh i havent played too much, just 46 hours, but it's the kind of game i want to just enjoy playing off and on for years. the level design, while hella confusing at times, is lush and gorgeous and just love looting through these really cool alien jungles.

playing through cool winter worlds this winter sounds pretty rad, i will probably pick this up.

Last edited:

Pejo

Hope they vary the weapon models more this time. At its core, there were really only a handful of design "trees" in World. It's one of my biggest complaints, especially compared to the wacky and fun designs we got in past monster hunters.

Top Bottom