• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Summer Game (Valve, F2P, Out Now) |OT| Cookie click to unlock sales

Tainted

How are you guys so amused by this thing ? I played it for maybe 10mins at the start of the sales and closed it through boredom.

Level 100m wow ...Haven't you got anything decent to play in your Steam backlogs ? lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How are you guys so amused by this thing ? I played it for maybe 10mins at the start of the sales and closed it through boredom.

Level 100m wow ...Haven't you got anything decent to play in your Steam backlogs ? lol

You don't play it, you just run a script. And hell, it's a one time badge... that's part of the fun. That and watching streams as people try to will their way past the trolls.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
yay just got it.
zxoZ886.png

Well, seems my room (075) reached 100mil overnight :D I really thought we wouldn't make it thanks to the trolls, but was convinced it was my best shot so I didn't switch. So glad I didn't.

I'm freeeeeee~

I was in that one too. High five, group bro. There was a time where thing really did slow to a crawl but a few hours later, things picked back up and the last few hours we were speeding along.

There was also a bug that effected our room, where it thought we only got up to level 99,997K and didn't give us the 100m badge. Valve seemed to fix it a few hours later though, rewarding us with our rightful badges.

NeOak

Man, I was in the 2nd or 3rd room to get 100m the first day it was obtainable lol.

I've been trying to help friends to get it, but it has been an uphill battle with the trolls :(

Is anyone here in a high-level room and can send me a friend invite on steam, so I can join via the friends playing list?

I'm currently in a ~43k room but already reached 75m a few days ago. But now I fear that I won't get the 100m bagde, because I'd rather not use any scripts on my account. Any help is appreciated.

Is anyone here in a high-level room and can send me a friend invite on steam, so I can join via the friends playing list?

I'm currently in a ~43k room but already reached 75m a few days ago. But now I fear that I won't get the 100m bagde, because I'd rather not use any scripts on my account. Any help is appreciated.

...Why?

We can debate the morality of it, but using script is literally the only way you can get the 100mil badge.

bender

What time is it?
Got 100M yesterday (YOWH Room 2) and didn't get the badge. Halfway there today (no long charges but we are getting over 100M an hour).

edit: 100M not 10M

Lain

Just woke up and I see that I choose poorly yet again. All the YOWH groups made it to 100mil while this MSG group I joined yesterday is still at 37mil. Ah well, so it's life.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Trolls (or just ignorant people not following instructions) ruining most of the reddit rooms and the later YOWH rooms. It's too bad.
Still 10 groups will probably hit 100m on the final day.

So that's it then, after reaching the highest badge we close it then? Not even freebies? :(
You get a fancy badge!

Trolls (or just ignorant people not following instructions) ruining most of the reddit rooms and the later YOWH rooms. It's too bad.
Still 10 groups will probably hit 100m on the final day.

It's trolls.

The wormhole usage, boss nuking is far too consistent to be someone just being ignorant.

That being said, it really doesn't matter. The scripts find a way. Even looks like the combo room could make it after reaching 66mil over night.

Really impressive.

Lain

I do find it funny that the lobby system devised by the MSG group didn't really help.
Also, while I do believe that there are trolls, I believe that some fault must also be in the game itself and the way it lags.
Before the scripts, trying to play the game was a bit of an exercise in frustration because it lagged a lot for me, for example. I wouldn't get the real picture of what was going on, my clicks and upgrades wouldn't register or fire off later compared to when I'd hit the button, so to me it wouldn't be too much of a stretch of the imagination to think that many of what are thought to be trolls, are just people using the right script but with a lagged game. Then there are the people with a script joining the wrong room and obviously the x00 boss nukers are assholes, but I still believe that it is a combination of factors more than just this big number of trolls in each room ruining it for everyone.

Oh, and fuck room 373. I believed in you MSG, you put me in the second room and 20 hours later we're still only at 52m!

Zafir

I do find it funny that the lobby system devised by the MSG group didn't really help.
Also, while I do believe that there are trolls, I believe that some fault must also be in the game itself and the way it lags.
Before the scripts, trying to play the game was a bit of an exercise in frustration because it lagged a lot for me, for example. I wouldn't get the real picture of what was going on, my clicks and upgrades wouldn't register or fire off later compared to when I'd hit the button, so to me it wouldn't be too much of a stretch of the imagination to think that many of what are thought to be trolls, are just people using the right script but with a lagged game. Then there are the people with a script joining the wrong room and obviously the x00 boss nukers are assholes, but I still believe that it is a combination of factors more than just this big number of trolls in each room ruining it for everyone.

Oh, and fuck room 373. I believed in you MSG, you put me in the second room and 20 hours later we're still only at 52m!
Its not just trolls. It's random people who join and don't really understand the system. Lag is also a factor too. The game is practically unplayable on both the netbook and phone I've tried due to lag.

I also went into 737. I jumped ship to 992 but the game kicked me it out and ive not been able to rejoin any good rooms.

Stuck with my 98mil. Its really shit that there wasn't any badge between 1m and 100m.

Lain

Let me add another reason about rooms failing: constant changes to the scripts (this last one to the MSG chrome extension is making it so it fires wormholes and spam nukes constantly) and some people won't receive them for a while.

Fireblend

Banned
I already got my 100mil badge so I'm not particularly concerned but I'm on room 531 right now, probably the last one to have a shot, and to see everyone spamming everything at the last second is hilarious. I don't think it's going to make it. But hey, I'm helping!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Let me add another reason about rooms failing: constant changes to the scripts (this last one to the MSG chrome extension is making it so it fires wormholes and spam nukes constantly) and some people won't receive them for a while.
I just switched to the wormhole spam extension. I'm in the group that's around 97m right now.

We could have easily jumped the 3m going by the 00 method. No clue if this stupid new method will work.

AkuMifune

Banned
Hah. Also been in 531 all day. So damn close!

The only shot we have is if they don't shut it down on time. Was a valiant effort at least.

Lain

And the minigame ended. One good thing about this whole thing is that the uLLeticaL twitch stream had some good music.

Theonik

Well farthest I made it was 50m at the end. And so ends the game I guess. Should have joined the earlier warp groups.

baterism

The party is over. I'm feeling empty now.
Room 49531 and any other rooms that didn't make it, you are da real MVP. Respect.

Lain

Speaking of stats, screenshotted mine for posterity to forever remember that it would have been 100m if I didn't make the worst choices.

Tczb.png

Luigi87

Ha, a little tongue-in-cheek.
Here are some of the totals worth noting:

4.97 million of you defeated 180 million monsters, activated 362 million abilities, used 322 million items, and "clicked"* your mouse buttons 97 billion times.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, tragic for the 98m room. It's too bad people seem to be intent on ruining it for others, since yesterday proved you could finish the game in under 5 hours.

It was fun to watch the honking intensify though... that alone was enough to generate a new meme. lol

This was my second 100m run. I thought room 4 was going to die too:
sxoniBol.png

Also, a final honk honk:
eGnE1cD.gif

Top Bottom