• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monsters of Man trailer (Predator but with robots)

Robotics company teams up with a corrupt CIA agent trying to position themselves to win a lucrative military contract. They illegally airdrop 4 prototype robots into the middle of the infamous Golden triangle to perform a live field test on unsuspecting drug lords that the world will never miss. Volunteer doctors witness the murder of a village and become the targets.

It actually looks pretty decent, in my opinion.

"Fight me like a man!"
You mean, you want me to voluntarily give up tactical advantages?

Anyway I understand how robots would resemble humanoids in a humanoid world, but I'm thinking a better design would be something like a centipede, segmented, able to divide perhaps. Could climb much better, cross gaps etc.

Defo gonna watch this cause I like the idea of fighting where there are not so many bad decisions being made.

"Fight me like a man!"
You mean, you want me to voluntarily give up tactical advantages?

Anyway I understand how robots would resemble humanoids in a humanoid world, but I'm thinking a better design would be something like a centipede, segmented, able to divide perhaps. Could climb much better, cross gaps etc.

Defo gonna watch this cause I like the idea of fighting where there are not so many bad decisions being made.
Robot spiders are the worst I think. Just unleash a few hundred in a battlefield. Scares me just thinking about it.

I think centipedes and spiders are kind of at a disadvantage being lower to the ground and you would have to replicate all of the tiny individual hairs known as setules or scopulae that enable them to stick to surfaces. A large robot dog or wolf (something like Blade Wolf from Metal Gear Rising) would be pretty cool though.

Last edited:
These movies unsettle me. Watching the Boston Dynamics stuff is making this feel too close to reality.

iu

iu

iu

iu

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Probably a crap movie, but at least they made the robots move in a more realistic way.... slow and chunky.

The typical movie with CGI, robots and futuristic spacecraft shit always make it so fake looking where it moves in a slippery smooth way.

jason10mm

Gold Member
The third act of this film had better be the few remaining humans stumbling across a hut in the middle of the forest with

JOHN

FUCKING

RAMBO!!!!!!!

Top Bottom