• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Months later, anyone using their SIXAXIS over their DS3?

Barakov

Gold Member
Nope. The DS3 is just better in every regard. Unless you're playing a game that is constantly rumbling with no interruptions in the rumbling and has no option to turn off the rumbling. In that nutty scenario someone might consider breaking out their SIXAXIS. Otherwise: DS3 is the superior choice.

Packed away the Sixaxis the day my 2 DS3s arrived. Would never touch that shit again.

One of the worst controllers. I'm still not a fan of the Playstation controller design to be honest, but at least the DS rumbles and has some weight to it.

KTallguy

Banned
jett said:
You play...with your hands...over your head? You're a special one, aren't you.

To be honest, when I first played Bionic Commando Rearmed, the constant rumbling from the swinging was giving me cramps and I considered switching to my sixaxis(damn game doesn't have a vibration option), but I got used to it.

Now all rumble functionality is always controlled by the PS3's system software. If you hold the PS button on the controller, you can disable rumble in the options there.

Davidion

PirateSean said:
My SIXAXIS isn't at a total waste. Doubles as a PSP stand! Surprisingly snug fit :D

0819b9a6.jpg

That's hilarious.

Note to self: buy sixaxis for use as psp stand

Rolf NB

I always make it a point to put the maximum possible strain on the tendons running through my wrists, no matter what I do. Using an input method that is not sufficiently taxing for my moving parts surely cannot be anything but a wasted opportunity. The Sixaxis is just too light!

No, actually, I grab the first thing that I find within reach when I'm just goofing around the store and such, but I do prefer the Dualshock 3 when I sit down and play a game. As an added twist, I don't care as much when I'm playing PixelJunk Monsters. Uncharted though ... rawr.

PirateSean said:
My SIXAXIS isn't at a total waste. Doubles as a PSP stand! Surprisingly snug fit :D

0819b9a6.jpg

Holy shit, that's awesome :eek:

Anyway, I'd like to use the SIXAXIS more since I don't give a shit about vibrations and for me the lighter the better. But the stick in the DS3 are much better that the SIXAXIS one's, so I end up always using the DS3 since most game on the system use them :(

Sometime I think about opening my DS3 to get rid of the motors but I'm too lazy.

DMczaf said:

Jesus, these are the guys that post on blogs at Sony's shitty warranty service when they try to ship it in because it's "not working".

I traded in both my sixaxis when the dual shocks first came out. My brother got a hook-up so it was a straight trade :D Haven't looked back since. Only one of my old sixaxis had a small drop out on uncharted otherwise dual shock > sixaxis

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The Faceless Master said:
http://i35.tinypic.com/23w2ou0.jpg[IMG]

:D[/QUOTE]
Do you masterbate furiously over your controllers or something?

Back on topic... I had a Sixaxis, but I ditched it for a DS3 the moment it became available, so no to the question posed in the thread title.

Ploid 3.0

I tried the dual shock3 due to my brother getting one. hah he paid $50, I hope to get many sixaxis controllers on ebay.

keyrat said:
I bought two DS3s from Japan on launch so when the DS3 was released here in the US I had already had some time with them and found myself going back to the SIXAXIS because of the weight. I asked the question then and people thought it preposterous. Now with some time having passed I'd like to know if opinions have changed.

I find myself going back to the SIXAXIS for most every game I play except racers. When I first get a game I usually will use the DS3 just to see how the rumble is working, but for games that I keep playing for long times (Right now MGO, Monsters, and Bionic Commando) I usually fall back to the SIXAXIS because it's lighter, and I play sprawled on the couch, sometimes with my hands over my head. There's something to be said for a lightweight controller.

Anyone else doing the same?

I used to think I preferred my ol' SIXAXIS over my DS3 when I first bought it. The more hands on time (lolz) I had though, the fact that it was clearly a superior controller came through in more ways than one IE:

- lessened trigger resistance

- Analogs that feel more secured and responsive

- stronger overall build

- The rumble is actually really fucking good and almost organic feeling. Seriously, it's the best rumble I've ever experienced with any controller

Top Bottom