• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Halo 3 PC Rumors - Microsoft/Frankie denying still

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Halo CE Anniversary was $40, and that was given entirely new graphics. I don't see a PC version of Halo 3 being any more than that.

ekim

I guess a Halo 3 PC release would be part of Durango's cross play functionality. You might not be able to buy it on PC but if you own it on NextBox you might be able to play it on Windows8 as well.

GrizzNKev

Banned
'Halo stuff'

Stahp.

Let's make a gentlemen's agreement. We front you 1000 copies worth at $30 a copy as a proof of interest. You guys get someone to do the port. Everybody wins.

Look at all the people in this thread who want this. A storefront ad on Steam and you'd sell 10,000 times as much as the interest in this thread in one day, or more.

This thing is guaranteed profit. So why not?

Bring more Halo to more fans, make more money. Dew it.

web01

Forge might actually be able to live up to its true potential if the game has a proper server browser.

Not being able to host public games that anyone could join with created maps really hurt all the halo games on 360.

GrizzNKev

Banned
You are not stopping this hype train it would seem.

I have always been a supporter of more good games on more platforms. Aside from obvious first party exclusives, a game has no excuse of not being on every platform it can be on. Fighting games on PC, for example. Microsoft has absolutely no reason not to bring Halo 3 to their own Windows platform. It's not a console seller anymore, it doesn't need to remain an Xbox only game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Then why is 'Halo stuff' showing up in multiple places? Is there no explanation for that?

Grizz posed much the same question to him yesterday and it fell on... well, I suppose blind eyes would be the visual equivalent of "deaf ears".

Pretty sure it's coming to Steam, man. I think managment isn't telling you something.

Well, he denied the first lot of Halo: CEA rumours at the time because, allegedly, the game hadn't yet been greenlit, but surely somebody approved the port/remake otherwise the rumours, which were confirmed just a year later by way of a formal announcement and trailer at E3, wouldn't have surfaced.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Then why is 'Halo stuff' showing up in multiple places? Is there no explanation for that?

Don't expect an answer. Though I feel I'm just letting him play me because that's his job. It's his word versus a bunch of irrefutable evidence. Eventually he will come clean and we'll all have a good laugh about it.

If he really had something to say, he'd write a longer, more convincing post.

I'm just saying what I say as Halo and PC gaming are two of my favorite reasons to be alive.

LQX

Reach and ODST should have come to PC's a long time ago as they are offshoots of the series. Live on PC would have probably had a chance if they were.

Deadbeat

Banned
'Halo stuff'
Why dont you just flat out say Halo 3 is never coming to PC?

Actually lets make it easier.

Halo 3 is not coming to PC in 2013.
Halo 3 is not coming to PC in 2014.

Make these two statements.
Reach and ODST should have come to PC's a long time ago as they are offshoots of the series. Live on PC would have probably had a chance if they were.
They would never port a recent exclusive that defeats the purpose of exclusives in of itself. Halo was a staple to the xbox brand.

'Halo stuff'

What does posting something like this actually accomplish? You have to know that a two word reply is just going to create even more ambiguity. Respectfully, either make a full statement about why this stuff turned up in the AMD drivers and Steam database or quit stirring the pot.

What does posting something like this actually accomplish? You have to know that a two word reply is just going to create even more ambiguity. Respectfully, either make a full statement about why this stuff turned up in the AMD drivers and Steam database or quit stirring the pot.

It's pretty clearly damage control or a legit denial. Why would he admit a game that hasn't been announced is coming out due to some leaks? Microsoft never does that. 343 never does that.

I don't believe him naturally, but if he came in and blew the whole thing, that'd be silly.

And can we not make demands of people? That comes off as extremely entitled. How is that fair?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm just saying what I say as Halo and PC gaming are two of my favorite reasons to be alive.

Amen to that. The funny thing is that I would probably be buying a 2nd and 3rd copy of Halo 3 since my bro and I wouldn't be splitscreening it anymore. Think of the money Frankie.

And can we not make demands of people? That comes off as extremely entitled. How is that fair?

He could just not comment at all and accomplish the same thing. It's just frustrating.

I saw Frankie call the steam thing bunk. He never said a PC Port was bunk.

I'd wait till E3 before we could call this rumour officially dead.

I would definitely re-buy it. My favourite Halo this gen, easily.
Its just a shame that Microsoft have forgotten that there is an invention called a PC and on this invention you can play videogames.

Grief.exe

Pretty sure it's coming to Steam, man. I think managment isn't telling you something.

Have we ever had something in the Steam Directory not come to fruition?

There are games that don't come out once they pop up on the registry.

FFVII and FFVIII are two recent examples. But since the Steam Hub leak, and we have figured out how to parse the database more effectively we have found some interesting stuff.

AoEII, Dyad, Fez, Duke Nukem, Pro Evolution Soccer. We have found all of these on the database and then later they were officially announced or released.

Now there are some ones that are being constantly updated, even with achievements that haven't been officially announced, like Lords of Shadow 1, FFVII, FFVIII, and KoF XIII. They are all getting recent updates and all look like they have a distinct possibility of coming to Steam.

The Halo games are a possibility, but no achievements have popped up and no one is playing the test app.

Basically, if a game shows up in the Steam database, it seems that its because a developer has intentions of releasing it.
That title could also be abandoned at a later date.

But then AMD is also optimizing the game for their drivers as well. Now that this latest rumor has shown up, it makes the evidence mire definitive.

It's pretty clearly damage control or a legit denial. Why would he admit a game that hasn't been announced is coming out due to some leaks? Microsoft never does that. 343 never does that.

I don't believe him naturally, but if he came in and blew the whole thing, that'd be silly.

I wouldn't expect this leak to prompt an announcement. It's pretty obvious that something is happening. I just don't get why Frankie feels obligated to say anything at all on the subject. If there really were no PC plans, I don't see why he couldn't just explain how the AMD stuff happened in the first place.

GrizzNKev

Banned

When it's obvious someone knows more than they're letting on, asking them to spill the beans is not entitlement.

The thing is he's got to come in here and say things like that. If he posted something like, "be patient ;)" he'd effectively ruin any kind of marketing Microsoft had planned for it. So we're going to get the same response whether or not the port is real. That's how the company operates, we know. It's just frustrating for long-time fans who have been riding on the hopes of rumors for half a decade.

mikeGFG

Banned

you dont announce games on neogaf.

Conor 419

Banned
343 killed Halo, the least they could do is resurrect it. Do it, Frank.

And yeah, this.

A lot of people really want this as Halo 3 reborn is perhaps, the best shot the series has for preservation. Naturally assuming that Halo 5 will steer further away from the philosophies which made the original trilogy so great.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Amen to that. The funny thing is that I would probably be buying a 2nd and 3rd copy of Halo 3 since my bro and I wouldn't be splitscreening it anymore. Think of the money Frankie.

He could just not comment at all and accomplish the same thing. It's just frustrating.

Same. My closest group of friends came to be by playing Halo 3 through a few years of high school. Now we're all in college and spread across the U.S., but we still spend a few hours having a 4-5 person group call on Skype a couple nights a week. Last night I promised to buy them all a copy of Halo 3 if the port happens so we can relive the most fun times we had with better visuals and controls.

Presco

Halo 3 on PC would be free money for MS. At this point they're not going to lose any sales of the 360 version.

Well, aside from some mind blowing thing we don't know about, a return to form with Halo 5 is just about the only thing that would make me buy a 720. Halo 3 on PC would probably be enough for me to put off that purchase indefinitely.

If hes going to drive by post, hes going to get belittled.

Dude is the franchise director for Halo. His stuff=Halo. Belittling him over correcting someone is petty.

If there really were no PC plans, I don't see why he couldn't just explain how the AMD stuff happened in the first place.

Who knows? He might not know either, he doesn't work at AMD :p

When it's obvious someone knows more than they're letting on, asking them to spill the beans is not entitlement.

This is not what people are asking for. They want either an outright confirmation, an outright denial, or in the case of the post I quoted, an official explanation for all the leaks. Expecting anything beyond a denial is a pipe dream.

you dont announce games on neogaf.
... I agree!

Again, all speculation. Personally I think it's there/was there and isn't being announced yet for obvious reasons. But trying to barrel roll a dude is a surefire way to get even less info, people.

I still believe it's coming. Unless it was just cancelled.. which would explain why Stinkles insists.

So yeah, either it's coming or it was just cancelled is my opinion.

Why don't people believe the current Halo Franchise Director? Loony I tell ya! Just cause I wanna believe doesn't mean I do. And 343 didn't kill Halo, Microsoft did. Freakin meanies you all are.

Grief.exe

Why don't people believe the current Halo Franchise Director? Loony I tell ya! Just cause I wanna believe doesn't mean I do. And 343 didn't kill Halo, Microsoft did. Freakin meanies you all are.

We don't believe him, because he hasn't outright denied the issue.

He has comepletely sidestepped it with answers that initially sound negative, but don't actually mean anything.

Similar to Microsoft's, 'we currently don't have plans statement.' Every time they have said this, Halo: CEA, AoE II HD, Halo 3 (speculative), the game has been released.

. Personally I think it's there/was there and isn't being announced yet for obvious reasons. But trying to barrel roll a dude is a surefire way to get even less info, people.

I agree, you should always treat someone with respect.

Even if they are not giving you the information you want ;)

There are, of course, exceptions when someone is acting in such away that is not deserving of respect. But Frankie definitely is deserving of our respect.

Similar to Microsoft's, 'we currently don't have plans statement.' Every time they have said this, Halo: CEA, AoE II HD, Halo 3 (speculative), the game has been released.

They did? I thought they just announced it right away? Have a link to that statement?

And for Anniversary they were hinting at that pretty heavily, didn't one of the higher up even say it was "a good idea" when asked about the rumor? A quick Google search shows a quote from a spokesperson saying "Right now our focus is on supporting Halo: Reach we have nothing to announce at this time." Where did you see 'we currently don't have plans'?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just wanna point out that Frankie denies they were making a halo 1 remake also
link? I'm sure I did something evasive - or dissembled the nature of the content, but I would not have straight up denied it after a certain point in its viability.

orznge

Banned

because instead of an actual, real denial he's just made flippant, Lupinko-level "I know something" posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom