• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 - LETS GET HYPED

Evilms

Banned
Switch docked version vs PS4/XB1 graphics and details :

1555688457-o7rqrpd.jpg

1555688465-d4yqyu7w0aiyx8w.jpg

Switch undocked vs PS4 Pro :
4cc90865c8415472a1e6878a50c5fa2320190419172723.jpg

9efc05b2aa84532309d260a148dbb9ba20190419172014.jpg

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Story walkthroughs are beginning to get uploaded.....sooner than I thought, but I will be tuning into it later hopefully..looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Petrae

oEVCoRz.png

Edit: Full story.

Towers of Time is this games equivalent of online towers apparently, so that might be fine, but krypt and customization though is interesting...... Obviously ties into the MT's.

Edit 2: You need a constant internet connection to unlock stuff, including Frost.

I’ve got less than $20 left to pay on my Premium Edition preorder, but this news has me considering that preorder altogether. Unlocking cool stuff within The Krypt has been a fun feature of MK since Deadly Alliance, but it’s never had the potential roadblock of my ISP or the console’s service being down.

Living Towers are one thing, and I get why connectivity is needed for those. For unlockables, though? That’s a tougher pill to swallow, and I don’t know that I want to pay $100 just to have unlockables not work because my ISP or XBL shit the bed.

I have a couple of days to mull it over.

Shin

Banned
Just saw what Sheeva looks like, Twitter isn't happy with the change it seems.
Almost died reading/seeing the pictures of their reaction, the aesthetic changes are bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 888

lock2k

Banned
She doesn’t look scary... she looks like a person

Really disappointed in no Mileena.
Exactly. Shokans are not supposed to look like people. Whoever designed the characters in this game is smoking too much crack.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly. Shokans are not supposed to look like people. Whoever designed the characters in this game is smoking too much crack.
She looks AMAZING AND POWERFUL! Get WOKE racist!

Honestly though this just confirms they are purposely fucking up female characters.

Again

and again.

7a1d5a658b.png

Last edited by a moderator:

sn0man

I’ve got less than $20 left to pay on my Premium Edition preorder, but this news has me considering that preorder altogether. Unlocking cool stuff within The Krypt has been a fun feature of MK since Deadly Alliance, but it’s never had the potential roadblock of my ISP or the console’s service being down.

Living Towers are one thing, and I get why connectivity is needed for those. For unlockables, though? That’s a tougher pill to swallow, and I don’t know that I want to pay $100 just to have unlockables not work because my ISP or XBL shit the bed.

I have a couple of days to mull it over.

I assume they will release the full version (GOTY) later and fingers crossed they get rid of it then.

She doesn’t look scary... she looks like a person

Really disappointed in no Mileena.

I guess I’d rather her be gone than to just put her in clothing that doesn’t match her.

Switch docked version vs PS4/XB1 graphics and details :

1555688457-o7rqrpd.jpg
This is the most embarassing thing I've ever seen... Look at her arms in the top left picture, the arm is a god damn OCTAGON.... That's some 5th generation geometry...

P.S. There's not even finger nails being rendered
kaz.png

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sheeva looks exactly like an orc in WoW.

Regarding those DLC spoilers...

I think Terminator makes the most sense considering the time travel theme, but Nightwolf is the only previously unknown one I care about having. I made the right call keeping my purchase to the base game. Screw Joker being 10000% overplayed through all Batman everything, but with him getting his own movie I guess it was guaranteed here.

Evilms

Banned
This is the most embarassing thing I've ever seen... Look at her arms in the top left picture, the arm is a god damn OCTAGON.... That's some 5th generation geometry...

P.S. There's not even finger nails being rendered
kaz.png

This is the price to pay to offer 60fps on switch!

some screens direct feed of docked mode :

y4N5lWa.jpg

vx4fbXu.jpg

OAH4hkj.jpg

z0TEZhJ.jpg

The rest here :

Last edited:
I dont get the outrage, of course it look like that on switch. It should have been 30 fps imo.
Yeah..... There is a reason why nearly every good fighting game is 60FPS and why they did FPS over graphics for Switch version, unlike SNK Heroines....

Last edited:
I think 30fps fighting can work, soul edge 1 for example. I think vita mk 9 was 30 too but i might be wrong.
MK9 on Vita was 60. Soul Edge was also designed around being 30FPS and was a more slower game too and 3D, which helped, though it's still aged worse than Tekken 3 because of this. The only 2D fighter I've ever played that was 30FPS is SNK Heroines on Switch, and despite it's simple controls you can immediately feel why they all avoid 30FPS for 2D fighters at all cost.

Last edited:

angelic

Banned
Frames are more important in a fighting game. So in the choice of looking better or playing better I say they made the right choice.

Listen, when it comes to computer games, im an expert. Anyway, besides that joke, yes I do know 60fps is preferable, but my opinion remains. Absolutely nobody, maybe 1% of the MK11 buyers, will be doing so to play competitively on switch. It's obviously a cut down port on a handheld, therefore in my opinion, making it look like total shit to hit 60fps is silly. They should have made it look good, and 30fps. Loads of games run fine in 30fps, I think they should have done that. The switch runs at something like under 300mhz undocked doesnt it, there was no chance of doing a good MK11 on that at 60fps. None. Anyway, thats my opinion, stop trying to explain to me that 60fps is good. Yes, obviously it is, but you cant have 60fps + current gen graphics on 3 year old underclocked handheld tech.

Yeah I don't know how anyone can really disagree, it should be 30 FPS, they had to sacrifice WAYYY too much for 60 and even then we don't know if that's even stable yet.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Switch version looks alright, not sure what some of you were expecting

Sheeva looks like adriano
960.jpg

i beeen watch some of the story mode on youtube compared to the last two storys modes its out of this world

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
My Premium Edition arrived today 😁
The kypt reminds me of God of War for some reason.

Reactions: 888
Top Bottom