• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon _|-|O

shuri

Banned
According to mk5.org
Looks like the latest GameInformer (Issue 154, February 2006) has some great exclusive information (and pictures) on the next installment of everyone's favorite fighting game series: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Here is the information found within the mag:

* 60+ characters. Almost every character from all previous MK games. (Noticably absent, however, was Motaro.)
* Improved air kombat
* All new konquest mode that will play similarly to MK: Shaolin Monks
* Kustom Fatalities - Each character will have a pre-set of around 20 moves in which to dispatch their opponent.
* Create-A-Character
* An all new Krypt
* Screenshots and renders from the game!
I really dont know what to say

ManaByte

Gold Member
If this isn't on the X360, I'm not buying it. You hear that MIDWAY! X360 online play. TONS of achievements! Get on it!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
60 characters? Hell yeah! Course, I'm like one of the 6 people on the planet that still cares for MK games. :(

I'm likely speaking from a very tight minority, but create-a-character modes generally suck, take up space, and aren't worth the extra development time. But I guess it's cool if you enjoy that sorta thing.

In any case, I hope this is awesome.

Foil

shuri said:
and yeah this is current gen only

edit: ps2/xbox

Lame...

Oblivion said:
60 characters? Hell yeah! Course, I'm like one of the 6 people on the planet that still cares for MK games. :(

I guess I'm 2 of the 6 then. I'm a sucker for MK. Even if the game sucks, somehow I have fun with it. I actually enjoyed Deceptions Konquest mode...

Matlock

Banned
Just lazily copied/pasted the list of characters from the Mortal Kombat History Guide from GameFAQ's...

1. Ashrah
2. Baraka
3. Blaze
4. Bo Rai Cho
5. Chameleon
6. Cyrax
7. Dairou
8. Darrius
9. Drahmin
10. Ermac
11. Frost
12. Fujin
13. Goro
14. Havik
15. Hotaru
16. Hsu Hao
17. Jade
18. Jarek
19. Jax
20. Johnny Cage
21. Kabal
22. Kai
23. Kano
24. Kenshi
25. Khameleon
26. Kintaro
27. Kira
28. Kitana
29. Kobra
30. Kung Lao
31. Li Mei
32. Liu Kang
33. Mavado
34. Meat
35. Mileena
36. Mokap
37. Moloch
38. Monster
39. Motaro
40. Nightwolf
41. Nitara
42. Noob Saibot/Sub-Zero
43. Onaga
44. Quan Chi
45. Raiden
46. Rain
47. Reiko
48. Reptile
49. Sareena
50. Scorpion
51. Sektor
52. Shang Tsung
53. Shao Kahn
54. Sheeva
55. Shinnok
56. Shujinko
57. Sindel
58. Smoke
59. Sonya
60. Stryker
61. Sub-Zero
62. Sub Zero 2
63. Tanya

63 in all. Minus Motaro, 62. Look above, and that's probably the cast list. :p

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I haven't bought an MK since MK3 on the Genesis, but I've been tempted a few times over the years. Its looking like this game will be the one that brings me back in :D :D

Foil

Well if all the previous characters are there, it sounds like it's something for the MK fans. Sigh, I know I'll buy this day one. Now if they could be a pal and toss in perfect ports of MK, MKII, UMK3 and MK4 I'd be happy.

Wow, that sounds awesome. Wonder if there will be a GC version.

I hope on the first next gen one, they move away form cartoony violence and go for uber-realistic uber-violent graphics. It'd be nice to see MK shock people again.

Sounds cool. I haven't played a MK game since MK4, but Shaolin Monks kind of resparked my interest in the series. Since this sounds like a total wankfest for fans it sounds like it'll be something to look forward too.

I hope you can use EVERYONE in then konquest mode.

Docpan

I'm sorry but, MK sucks. I used to love the franchise, but now I just realize..... It's a dial-a-combo piece of shit. :(

Please, Midway, re-invent this series! The last one had so many features, but the core fighting was pure trash!

bumpkin

Interesting... I was wondering when we'd hear something about the next MK. My bets were on E3 '06, not an issue of Game Informer.

Still, great news. I just hope they don't fuck it up.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So did they ever get rid of that stance dancing bullshit from the first current gen MK (can't rememeber the name, deception or some shit). The characters had like 3 stances or something and you had to swap between them mid combo, it was quite possibly the stupidest mechanic I've ever seen in a fighting game.

DrDogg

If it's PS2 and Xbox they better AT LEAST have a lobby system like DOA... or maybe put it in the 360 port coming in 2007... hopefully? :D

Oh... and decent gameplay would be nice too.

Anyanka

I have no hope the gameplay will be good. That engine is a lost cause. I am excited about the story. Even though the last few games have been filled with retcons and silly explinations for dead characters coming back to life the idea of this being the final battle and everyone being back has potential. I just hope they go through with it and really make this have long term consequences. The intro to MKDA, MKD and MK Shaolin Monks were awesome...I want to see multiple of those kinds of cutscenes. I want to see a huge good vs. evil melee. Kahn, Shinnok & Onaga teaming up against the Earth heroes.

Anyanka

Besides Motaro there's a couple characters not confirmed yet, Chameleon, Khameleon and Meat. Chameleon had no story or point and may not even really be part of the MK universe. Meat was more of a hidden costume or easter egg than a real character. Khameleon actually had an ending and a role in the story so she should be back. I'd like to see all 3 back at least as hidden characters just for the sake of really having everyone.

I think the only reason Motaro might not make the cut is his size and shape. I hope he is in though. I always thought he was one of the best subbosses and it'd be lame to have "OMG EVERY CHARACTER IS BACK...oh except motaro".

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
so is it true that all the stages from all MK games are redone on in 3-d?

Vormund

Hopefully there's actually some decent gameplay.

I've also noticed that the MK series gameplay is allergic to pressing more than one button at once.

FFS.

Khalid-S

Khalid-S said:
Guys is there any screens from GI ?? because MoH screens are out from the same issue.

Well, i found one scan from the mag (but low quality) it has 5 screens and new character art.
PM if you want.

Top Bottom