• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Shell launches August 18

CAB_Life

Found the combat really annoying and not as precise as Souls, even if the weightiness was there. Will have to give it another shot later on.

Umbral

Is there a way to level up? Man... I am suffering a lot
You can only upgrade weapons and they’re not huge upgrades. You can get 3 pretty easy in opening area. Max is 5.

Edit: Use Eredrim if you need a health bump. Solomon is also a good choice.

Last edited:

TitusTroy

my favorite Shell- I was torn between Solomon the Scholar and Tiel the Acolyte...Tiel has a huge stamina bar so you can roll forever but has a very small Resolve bar which takes a long time to fill up...so in the end I prefer Solomon who has a huge Resolve bar and very good Health/Stamina...if you just want to tank everything or are having trouble with the combat then go with Eredrim the Venerable (huge health bar)

using the starter Harros shell makes no sense because Solomon has more health and resolve and the same amount of Stamina...so Solomon is an upgraded version of Harros

my favorite weapon was the Hallowed Blade but the Hammer and Chisel is excellent as well...I'll probably use that for my 2nd run to get more practice with it

TitusTroy

any chance of Cold Symmetry releasing any DLC?...they seem like a small studio so maybe they don't have the resources for anything other then the base game

TitusTroy

once you get the fast travel item, are you able to fast travel immediately after defeating a boss?...or do you still have to make the trek back to the Tower on foot encountering those new enemies along the way?
As long as you don't talk to Sester in the middle of the dungeon.

I tried fast traveling after beating a boss using the special mask...it doesn't allow you to do it- it says it cannot be used when carrying a gland...so you do have to walk all the way back to the Tower after defeating each boss

Thoroughly enjoyed this game and its spin on the souls genre. I really enjoyed the "hardening" aspect. If Sony or any company would by these guys and pump some money into it to provide AAA action rpgs they'd give fromsoft a run for their money.

regawdless

Banned
As a player who very much enjoyed most Souls games and Bloodborne, this game is on my wishlist.
Will wait for the raytracing and DLSS patch though, which was announced for sometime in November.

Rippa

As a player who very much enjoyed most Souls games and Bloodborne, this game is on my wishlist.
Will wait for the raytracing and DLSS patch though, which was announced for sometime in November.

Is that patch only for PC? Or it it coming to consoles too?

regawdless

Banned
Nvidia announced the raytracing patch for November.... But there's nothing. And no word on it. Curious about what's going on here.

Roberts

The last game I played on my X1X before switching to XSX. Not sure if I liekd it better than Surge 2, but other than that one of the very best Souls rip-offs. Looks really good for a small indie game too.

regawdless

Banned
I can't believe this still hasn't gone on a deep discount sale yet. I'm still waiting for that time.

It's been only out like since August and costs 29 bucks I think, so I don't see how there should be a deep discount yet. It had a slight discount already when I bought it.

I guess a real deep discount will take some more time, maybe when it arrives on Steam.

Top Bottom