• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most heartwarming scenes

Nymphae

Banned
To counterbalance some of the recent "most disturbing" media threads, I'd like to hear what you all think some of the most heartwarming scenes are. Here are two that instantly came to mind for me:

Homer's "Do it for her" sign
Such a great moment, Homer turns Mr. Burns's soul crushing sign telling him he will be working a menial job for the rest of his life into a reminder of what is most important to him.

Michael Scott coming to Pam's art gallery show
I love this one. Nearly everyone else at the office either can't be bothered to come or makes fun of her efforts, but Michael, despite being viewed by everyone as a selfish buffoon, genuinely cares about his friends and is sincerely moved by Pam's artwork.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Michael Scott coming to Pam's art gallery show
I love this one. Nearly everyone else at the office either can't be bothered to come or makes fun of her efforts, but Michael, despite being viewed by everyone as a selfish buffoon, genuinely cares about his friends and is sincerely moved by Pam's artwork.

The Pam scene seriously made me cry. The Office/Michael Scott are weird in that they're so farcical, but can hit you out of nowhere with this heart of gold.

MGHA

I was watching a movie yesterday and a girl comes up and says "Please wear your mask, sir." It was so touching that someone cared so much about others.

Nymphae

Banned
Sorry can't find it on YT, start this video at 32:00

Yeah it's been done before, but it always makes me smile. Mulder wasn't selfish with his wishes, but by the third one, thanks to Scully, he realizes that trying to right every wrong is maybe not only not possible, but undesirable. He does the right thing in the end.

The end of season 1 of Afterlife when Tony tried to make people feel better.

The end of Destination Wedding when keanu knocks on Winnonas door.

The end of My Days of Mercy when Ellen Paige says when she finishes work.

White Collar when Neil has to fake propose to Sara and actually means what he says.

Jake and Amy finally getting married in 99.

Will and Uncle Phil at the end of Papa Got a Brand New Excuse.

I'll think of some more later, when I'm not at work.

Kev Kev

This is childhood-connected, but also never fails on me as an adult, lol.

"literally nothing in my life will be better than Shadow coming over that hill"

Indeed, YouTube comment. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

god i used to love this movie. it was one of those movies i would watch like every other day. no surprise that i grew up to be an animal lover and vegetarian.

also, another one i used to watch every week, this movie was 100% heart warming from beginning to end (until i found out they used and killed real animals in the making of the film)
51ptePT5XIL.jpg

this scene is probably the most heart warming i can think of at the moment. not sure if there is a better one out there tbh... god i love/miss robin williams. if only we could have had him around for twenty more years...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The Darkness 2:16

The last guardian ending. Especially after credits

Death Stranding ending - no point attaching 3 hours movie here :p
Interstellar

Too many movies and games. And I have a problem selecting emotional vs heartwarming. I better stop

The end of A Perfect Ending when Jessica goes to the art gallery and asks Paris to tell her about her mum.

Kids TV - The last episode of Girl Meets World when Shawn gives Maya adoption papers. You'll probably have to watch all 3 seasons to get why.

The end of Carol when Therese is standing in the restaurant and Carol sees her.

The end of I Can't Think Straight when Leyla signs Tala's book.

Top Bottom