• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Memorable Videogame Menus

FSLink

Banned
Went in here to post Persona 4, but looks like it's been posted twice. :lol
Persona 3 was also nice to look at, but was a bit laggy in comparison to its sequel , so it was a pain to use at times.

I also want to say, that Tales of Destiny remake and Tales of Graces (import only) has great menus too, much better than Symphonia/Abyss/Vesperia. Too bad I can't seem to find screenshots of it. :(

dark_chris

ramiel said:
0000006495-1024x7681.jpg

I never played it but I always thought this was very awesome and realistic.

Honorable mention:
FF13
FF8

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
Rabbitwork said:
its embarrassing that nobody has posted ridge racer type 4:

R4-Ridge-Racer-Type-4.jpeg
Thank you for saving me the trouble. R4 still has some of the most elegant, stylish menus I've ever seen. I don't even like racing games, but I love playing R4 just because it feels so refined.

VNZ

ToastyFrog said:
Thank you for saving me the trouble. R4 still has some of the most elegant, stylish menus I've ever seen. I don't even like racing games, but I love playing R4 just because it feels so refined.
Indeed. It was one of the first game to give that sensation of quality and perfectionism in each detail through the (almost overly) well designed menues and graphic elements.

Metroid Prime 2 gets my vote as well.

Not just music, but actual menu design. Most memorable menus just have cool music and a nice layout, but is ultimately your basic lists of options. Prime 2 shot that idea to hell and let us play with a damn molecule like structure that sounds like a terrible idea on paper, but proper design made it outstanding.

Dead Space is cool too, regardless of what you think of the game itself.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Brutal Legend was really cool with the album and I liked Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsidence, it was neat that you could change the image.

sinny

Banned
ToastyFrog said:

Agreed.

inFamous

I guess this isn't really applicable, but the reason I love it is...well...you don't see it at all. When you hit the icon in your games tab on the ps3, it loads straight into the actual game. Its such a great feeling, and one of the things I enjoyed about inFamous so much. I wish more straight forward games gave you the option to do so, as 98% of the times, this is what you are going to do anyway.

BigMack said:

excellent choice. Always liked it's speed of use.

Another vote for Riddick's rotating cube.

But people saying FFXII? By comparison, FFXIII's menu is sluggish, slow to navigate and otherwise a piece of garbage in more ways than one (granted, the narrative structure has a hand in this). How the hell is that the finest or most impressive menu you ever saw?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Orange Box was great. I liked how the background of the specific game would change after you loaded a save. Like if you were @ Ravenholm in Half Life 2 the background would show Ravenholm after you loaded the save. T'was pretty clever.

Heavy Rain's menu and pause screens were really cool looking with the rain drops.

Anth0ny

250px-SSBM-SelectScreen.png

You have no idea how many pizza/food breaks me and my buddies have had over the years with this menu on the screen, just waiting for us to play again :lol

Top Bottom