• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most of my library disappeared from Epic Games Store

Castef

Banned
UPDATE: The issue is now solved.

--

I just logged in and discovered that out of the 30+ games I had (some free, some bought) only 6 are shown.

Is it just me or a widespread thing?

EDIT: please, let's avoid to turn this into a "Digital is evil!" thread, thanks!

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I've got close to 100 games, they're all there.

Castef

Banned
I've got close to 100 games, they're all there.

If I open the pages of the games I own I see the "Owned" tag. I click on it, the store opens the library page and the games are not there.

Bah.

Last edited:
I was unable to even start the Epic Game Store thursday. I read a few posts about how game updates were making the store crash on startup and the solution was to delete the most recent games that had updates. I did that and it worked. Had to redownload the games that I deleted.

Guilty_AI

That's exactly the problem, the fact that a server side problem can delete/hide our games is very alarming.
There are receipts that prove your purchase, so if something like this should ever happen (its rare and even then they usually fix the issue in no time, assuming its someone competent) you can prove you do own the game.

And if you're really paranoid about this, you can always simply backup your games on a external HDD. You can easily do this with GOG, a lot of Steam and Epic games are DRM free (don't require the client to run) and the ones that do need it can be cracked most of the time.

That's what happens when you buy your games on shitty store that makes university projects look like programming masterpieces.

Dr.Morris79

Oh no, not trouble on the Epic store.

jYQVlon.gif

Skyfox

How are we on a slippery slope? Valve and Steam are not Epic and EGS...

What a dumb comment.
There needs to be legal contracts protecting the customers UPFRONT on these stores.

Guarantees.

So we all know what we're getting into. It would serve the store, the publishers and the customers.

They need to explicitly declare which protections customers have so that music tracks can't be changed and that the store will uphold the customers right to access the content as it was when they purchased it. Censoring, editing, disabling etc. all need to be prevented in the open.

MiguelItUp

Aaaaand they're back.
Good! Glad to know! I was about to say if anything I guess you'd have to contact their support team, and I was going to say godspeed, haha. Dealing with them multiple times myself, they really aren't the greatest. But at least they have something, I guess.

Aaaaand they're back.
Did you really, honestly think they wouldn't come back? Like, I understand panicking in the heat of the moment... but as stated elsewhere in the thread, the store keeps receipts of everything (you also have email receipts). The only way all your digital games are getting thrown into the void is if Epic/Valve/etc. completely go out of business.

Castef

Banned
My mistake, for some reason I thought you were one of the other posters that were being all "doom and gloom" about having a digital library. I need coffee.

Ehehe... no, no, I'm all for a digital future. :)

Just opened the thread to see if other were having the same issue (and somehow point it out).

Last edited:
Top Bottom