• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mothman Prophecies Movie was channeling Silent Hill 2???

teiresias

I swear, I'm watching this again for the first time in a while, and it just strikes me how this thing is basically Silent Hill 2 without the alternate world and people actually being in the town. From the music during the opening credits to the dead wife and her name, it's just eerie how much it reminds me of Silent Hill 2 in mood and slight plot elements.

Particularly since the movie is basically nothing like the book I'm almost tempted to scream rip-off. Anyone else notice this, or am I the only one that actually likes this movie? Hehe :)

EDIT: Oops, I thought I was in the off-topic forum. A mod can move it if they wish, thanks.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
The movie was very suspenseful, but I don't feel the comparison. The film conveyed an imminent dread for the character, which made for a more surreal experience to the viewer since it was interpretted in the third person. Silent Hill 2, being a game, serves creepiness and panic directly to the player which makes things feel less alien and more real.

Top Bottom