• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotoGP 3 for xbox(not 2) in June 2005

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Katcher said:
How did the first two MotoGP games preform? Sales wise.

In US rougly 100K each,in Europe/Australia(basicly PAL teritory) around 300K each(no exact numbers)

Xbox sales only,PC probobly as much at least too.

Jesiatha

Have any X2 titles been announced yet? There could very well be a version in the works. That said, I hope there isn't....this is the only thing that would make me buy one at launch, and I'd rather save my $.

IgeL

I guess MotoGP 3 will be one of the last great games for the original Xbox before next-gen... Shame in a way, I'd want a MotoGP title for Xbox 2 launch.

jarrod

Banned
Fleming said:
In US rougly 100K each,in Europe/Australia(basicly PAL teritory) around 300K each(no exact numbers)

Xbox sales only,PC probobly as much at least too.
Er, that would be a surprise. I don't remember either Moto GP passing 100k in the US, in fact last I saw MotoGP2 was hovering near 30k... both were considered bombs here. People were lamenting the sales since both are such high quality.... can anyone out there give specific numbers?

Europe wouldn't surprise me though, Namco's MotoGP games regularly pull in 300-500k there as well.

edit-Ah Sonycowboy beat me to it. :)

jarrod said:
Europe wouldn't surprise me though, Namco's MotoGP games regularly pull in 300-500k there as well.

Not nearly. They've done poorly in all regions. I don't have exact numbers lately, but the UK numbers a while ago, were way, way, way below that.

300-500k? Only ~10-12 games have sold 500k in Europe for the Xbox total.

Which makes it all the more absurd that they're releasing it after next E3, when Xenon will have sucked all air from the XBOX, and when it's a sequel to a game that really is as good as its gonna get. It didn't have any real flaws and it's not a character sequel where only the character is the same, it's a racing sequel. Unless they're releasing an XBOX AND Xenon version, this is just stupid.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
sonycowboy said:
Not nearly. They've done poorly in all regions. I don't have exact numbers lately, but the UK numbers a while ago, were way, way, way below that.

Both parts games sold over 250K each across PAL (which is a requirement to be taken into Classics).

US sales didnt change at all since launch,i thought they would sell in the year,they sold only like 10K more within last year in US :/

Thats the same thing as TOCA,first TOCA sold over 600K copies in Europe(on PC/PS2),the second did around 300K since launch.

In US series bombed because no one cares about them.

Fleming said:
Both parts games sold over 250K across PAL (which is a requirement to be taken into Classics).

I really don't think so Fleming. But if you have the numbers...

The Classics/Platinum hits almost never reach their sales requirements. It's more of a marketing gimmick than anything else at this point.

jarrod

Banned
sonycowboy said:

Er are you talking about Namco's Moto GP games? According to Namco themselves, Moto GP3 managed 421,000 in sales across PAL regions and was highlighted as one of their key titles in Europe. As usual, the UK isn't a good judge for anything when it comes to looking at Europe as a whole. In fact, the UK acts more like a mini-USA than anything...

Rhindle

It's pretty cheap to crank out a sequel for a game like this. New tracks, bikes, etc. don't require a lot of new art assets, and the gameplay enhancements from MotoGP to MotoGP2 weren't all that extensive. They can probably turn a profit on as little as 100K sales.

jarrod said:
Er are you talking about Namco's Moto GP games? According to Namco themselves, Moto GP3 managed 421,000 in sales across PAL regions and was highlighted as one of their key titles in Europe. As usual, the UK isn't a good judge for anything when it comes to looking at Europe as a whole. In fact, the UK acts more like a mini-USA than anything...

Namco made the PS2 games, THQ did the Xbox Games (via Climax).

So are you saying the Namco games sold 420k or the THQ ones???

Nevertheless, They are extremely high quality games and it's good their getting sequels. I just don't know that the sales support them. Although, they are limited in scope/budget, so they can be produced more cheaply.

jarrod

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Namco made the PS2 games, THQ did the Xbox Games (via Climax).

So are you saying the Namco games sold 420k or the THQ ones???

Nevertheless, They are extremely high quality games and it's good their getting sequels. I just don't know that the sales support them. Although, they are limited in scope/budget, so they can be produced more cheaply.
I was talking the Namco games, that with their high Euro sales Fleming's reported high sales of THQ/Climax's Moto GP games wouldn't surprise me. Sorry for the confusion.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
MotoGP 2, as good a game as it is, felt more like an upgrade.

I want all new tracks.

Also, some of the tracks were altered pretty drastically in the sequel. Of the two, which game had the more true-to-life track design? I really miss the big hill in Le Mans.

Top Bottom