• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ Nordic Digital Showcase 2023 (August 11 at 12:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. ET)

PSlayer

The main showcase will feature "world premiere announcements," plus news and for previously announced games including Alone in the Dark, Outcast 2, and Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy.

THQ Nordic will host the THQ Nordic Digital Showcase 2023 on August 11 at 12:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. ET. HandyGames will host a pre-show with a look at its lineup. You will be able to watch it on YouTube, Twitch, and Steam.

THQNordic - Twitch

THQ Nordic Official - Steam

More at Gematsu:
THQ Nordic Digital Showcase 2023

Spyxos

Gold Member
They have so many studios, there must be something good.

Laugh Lol GIF

Last edited:

Hudo

Since they've recently killed Campfire Cabal (the successor studio to Logic Artists and the guys/gals who were working on a next Expeditions game), THQ and Embracer can fuck off.

Edit: They should've shut down Piranha Bytes instead, and I say this as a German who knows that this is borderline sacrilege, because they haven't made a good game since Risen 1 whereas the Expeditions games were all a "steady incline" to put it into RPGCodex lingo.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Embracer will live send the announcement of their bankruptcy.

"Hello fellow gamers and to all of you watching the stream. Our company is fucked and all games have been cancelled, all assets been sold and all IPs are flushed down toilet. Thank you and goodnight."

Peace Out Goodbye GIF

R6Rider

Gold Member
HandyGames Preshow has started.

Showing gameplay of Perish Exodus right now.

EDIT: Also can this get a LIVE tag?

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Titan Quest 2 is the only game worth a damn so far. Wanted to see more Alone in the Dark, instead we got an awkward monologue that didn't do much for me.

Nice little bite-sized offering of content. I'll give it a B- overall. These were the standout trailers and announcements to me:

Lethal Honor: Order of the Apocalypse
Oddsparks (Pikmin-style ARPG)
A Rat's Quest (PS2-style platformer)
South Park Snow Day(Co-op Multiplayer game)
Outcast: A New Beginning (Possible game of show for me)
Gothic Remake
Titan Quest Eternal Embers
Titan Quest 2
Trine 5
Tempest Rising
The Last Ronin (Official announcement)
Perish Exodus (Looks like Serious Sam mixed with Greek Mythology)
Airhead (Looks like Oddworld Metroidvania)

Denton

THQ Nordic make some great games (e.g. Jagged Alliance 3 is near GOTY for me) but they really need to figure out how to market them better.
If you are doing a showcase:

- get 4K stream going instead of ultra low bitrate 1080p
- start and end your show with the best thing you have, not some weird monologues from a game you should be showing gameplay of instead
- do not bother with CGI or even "in engine" custom cutscenes, try to put together at least a minute of gameplay instead

I am looking forward to:

Alone in the Dark
Outcast 2
Gothic Remake
Tempest Rising
Last Train Home
Trine 5
Titan Quest II

So that list is already much longer than what was shown at Sony showcase, for example.

THQ Nordic make some great games (e.g. Jagged Alliance 3 is near GOTY for me) but they really need to figure out how to market them better.
If you are doing a showcase:

- get 4K stream going instead of ultra low bitrate 1080p
- start and end your show with the best thing you have, not some weird monologues from a game you should be showing gameplay of instead
- do not bother with CGI or even "in engine" custom cutscenes, try to put together at least a minute of gameplay instead
I agree that they still have that B-level publisher feel with their trailers and showcases, the same B-level feel that they've had since the PS2 generation.

I guess I'm one of the few who thinks a CGI trailer is fine for an announcement of a long awaited I.P. or to garner hype for a project in a well-known IP that's years away. I liked that Titan Quest 2 announcement and found it as a welcome surprise. This forum used to like those CGI trailer moments and I think part of the reason why was because you had fan reactions like this:

This trailer was entirely CGI but if you go back to the threads here and youtube around this time, you'd see nothing but pure hype.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I guess I'm one of the few who thinks a CGI trailer is fine for an announcement of a long awaited I.P. or to garner hype for a project in a well-known IP that's years away.
I'm okay with CGI trailers in those cases.

Basically reveal and announcement trailers are completely fine as fully CGI.

Top Bottom