• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord first screenshots

Herla

Who would have thought? Exactly 1 year since the announcement, here they are.

3q1FgPn.jpg

iS5DVhV.jpg

QXYdVPJ.jpg

vAyxk1V.jpg

ikl9FnD.jpg

More on the (slow as hell) website.
Looks pretty good!

Quirah

The only game that developed in my country :p (Turkey)

But the website is slow as hell. Can't see the screenshots.

kris.

Banned
Game looks like it's from 08.

Will be the most addicting thing since the first one though. Too excited.

Giran

Well I'm not exactly blown away here by the progress but then again it could be N64 quality 3D for all I care.

Herla

I'd try to rehost but everything is broken now...
Well the best thing is knowing that the game is alive.

Visually I don't think you could expect a whole lot. So long as the 200v200 battles exist I think this is a perfectly acceptable level of fidelity.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
people who judge this game based on how it "looks" (and others in the series) are missing out on one of the best games ever to grace our pathetic human race.

that said, it looks way better than the warband.

Herne

Woo! I still play Mount & Blade in some form every day - whether Napoleonic Wars or a mod like Full Invasion 2. Looking forward to this!

Edit - People bitching about the graphics - if you haven't played the game, shut yer traps. You're missing out and looking at all the screenshots in the world will never tell you why.

JDSN

Banned
I can tell who hasnt played the game based on the responses. I hope the animations are improved and the kingdom building aspect is more centralized with the appropriate penalties that this would entail.

This is the series that healed me from my AAA gaming addiction and im ready for more.

Hrothgar

I am more interested in the animations to be honest (and expanded RPG parts). I hope they'll be significantly improved over M&B.

I like the level of detail on the armours.

Protein

Banned
The game was fucking awesome. It turned even more absurd and hilarious when they introduced firearms in the expansion Fire and Sword. Was great when you stopped a cavalry charge with a couple of teammates in a firing line of muskets.

FGMPR

Banned
I am more interested in the animations to be honest (and expanded RPG parts). I hope they'll be significantly improved over M&B.

I like the level of detail on the armours.

Same. That, plus faces, text, towns etc., to give the game some more personality and diversity.

They could make the game look worse for all I care, as long as they add to the governance system, smooth the combat, and increase the mod support :p

Looks great(for M&B). One thing I hope is upgraded from the original more than the graphics was the overall clunkiness and production values of the original. The UI was like something from the mid nineties.Graphics are passable I'd like the gameplay refined some but please overhaul the presentation and give us some steam goodies this time around.

Keegs

people who judge this game based on how it "looks" (and others in the series) are missing out on one of the best games ever to grace our pathetic human race.

that said, it looks way better than the warband.

Totally! This game is not about looks. I don't even know how many hours I've sunk into these games.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Will look a lot better when modders get a hold of it. Calm down. If it is half as good as Warband it will still be a lot better than most games that come out nowadays.

I played the shit out of warband. The biggest gripe I had was there was no clear cut victory conditions. That's what discouraged me. I basically lead my kings country to near total domination of the map, and then read to see if that counted as winning and realized there was no winning. You can't even get the king to adopt you as an heir or let you marry into the family.

kidko

I played the shit out of warband. The biggest gripe I had was there was no clear cut victory conditions. That's what discouraged me. I basically lead my kings country to near total domination of the map, and then read to see if that counted as winning and realized there was no winning. You can't even get the king to adopt you as an heir or let you marry into the family.

You could break off and start your own kingdom and wipe the map clean of everyone else :D

Serandur

Yeah, but by that time I had already conquered most of the map once and it didn't seem as appealing. I just wanted my King bro to respeck me : (
I agree, this eventually turned the promising and addictive campaign into a boring and hollow "why am I doing this" exercise, :/ It would be nice to get some more feedback from the gameworld and NPCs based on how important you become.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
From their website:

The once-mighty Calradic Empire is in a state of decline. Warlike tribes have seized swaths of its territory. Client kingdoms have declared their independence. The Emperor has died without leaving an heir, leaving three jealous factions to scramble for power. Mercenary companies, bandit lords and nomads hover on the sidelines like vultures waiting for a meal.

A hero who can master the art of single combat, of leading armies in battle, of plotting ambushes and raids, and of exploiting the rivalries of noble houses and tribal clans may be able to unite this Empire -- or, alternately, to deal it the final blow that sends it crashing down. Will Calradia experience one final sunset of imperial glory, or slip into a night of chaos before a new age dawns?

Gah, I need this now.

Top Bottom