• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movie quotes that make you cringe.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
as the thread title says.. 2 come to mind

X-men:
Storm:
Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?

Storm:
The same thing that happens to everything else.

————————
this one always gets me as it is soooo unneeded

The Fellowship of the Ring:

udBDWu5.jpg

brap

Banned
From the moment I met you, all those years ago, a day hasn't gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm close to you again, I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you makes my stomach turn over - my mouth goes dry. I feel dizzy. I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss you should never have given me. My heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me. What can I do? I will do anything you ask...

nkarafo

"the power of love/friendship beats this/that"

"This/that can be done if we work together"

"For this/that to happen you must believe"

- Every fucking movie ever made.

But if i have to chose one that would be this scene from Interstellar:

44938658_566536643774339_7099598631258292224_n-8325936752.jpg

I just wanted to watch space and science things, not sappy shit like this, Nolan!

Last edited:

John Day

Like that last Avengers movie where Cap is in a AA meeting for the mentally ill and the random token gay character says like yeah man me and my husband love this shit and Cap just nods like bro keep tapping that ass buddy. Feels extra forced.
Cap thinking: “I’m still not so ready for that 😳

I just wanted to watch space and science things, not sappy shit like this, Nolan!
I thought that was one of the best lines in the movie.

It essentially is what motivates Cooper to complete the mission and provide the quantum data to his daughter. This is probably also why the tesseract beings chose Cooper in the first place.

as the thread title says.. 2 come to mind

X-men:
Storm:
Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?

Storm:
The same thing that happens to everything else.

————————
this one always gets me as it is soooo unneeded

The Fellowship of the Ring:

udBDWu5.jpg
Yeah this one was so cringe.

One of those awful moments that stood out for me in this movie.

nkarafo

I thought that was one of the best lines in the movie.

It essentially is what motivates Cooper to complete the mission and provide the quantum data to his daughter. This is probably also why the tesseract beings chose Cooper in the first place.

So lame.

It's not like "the power of love" isn't the most overused cliche in the movie history. It's so easy and manipulative.

Also, why must always have to be a character's child or love interest in the way at all? Adds nothing but lame, cop-out scenarios. Yes we get it, you love your kid/girlfriend. But just once i would like to watch one movie where the character's motivation is just science/progress/curiosity.

So lame.

It's not like "the power of love" isn't the most overused cliche in the movie history. It's so easy and manipulative.

Also, why must always have to be a character's child or love interest in the way at all? Adds nothing but lame, cop-out scenarios. Yes we get it, you love your kid/girlfriend. But just once i would like to watch one movie where the character's motivation is just science/progress/curiosity.
Love is central to what makes us human. Why is it surprising to you that it's the central theme in almost every movie.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member

Interstellar is such a shit movie

ruvikx

Banned

No way! This stuff is legendary.

I quote that fight sequence all the time, i.e. "you will try" (with Hayden's voice, after Obi Says "I'll do what I must") being the most common.

There's a difference between a real cringeworthy "what the hell did I just hear?" line of dialogue (like Rose putting on an accent in Titanic & delivering the godawful "spit like a man" line) & stuff like Revenge of the Sith which is a meme & quote gift that keeps on giving.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
The dialogue about "sand" and shit from Anakin in Episode 2.

Holy shit... I mean, props to Christansen to get over himself to actually say this in front of camera. I find it hand to believe that not everyone behind the camera was questioning what the fuck Lucas was smoking.

I love 10 million or whatever the quote was in End Game. As soon as he said that, he was dead well, he was dead in Infinity war when strange said "sorry Tony" but whatevs.

It made it more cringe that you knew that line had been thrown in as a hook to get people/parents to say it, as a way of free advertising.

Top Bottom