• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies you’re surprised haven’t been remade.

Stouffers

Banned
I partially assembled a trampoline yesterday. It’s springless and uses steel tension rods called “leaf springs.” While bending one of the leafs to attach to the mat, it slipped and struck me right in the balls. I was on the ground for a solid 10 minutes and once I got up, decided to call it a day and hit the shower. Normally, I’d take care of business in the shower, but because of my mashed nuts, I instead used this time to think about cinema and specifically movies that haven’t been remade.

So, Little Shop of Horrors.. pretty crazy there isn’t a remake.

Last edited:

sol_bad

People might hate me for saying this but I loved Stargate when I was younger but having watched it recently I found it quite boring.
I'd love to see what they could do with a new movie, because of the TV show it doesn't even need to be a reboot/remake, they could just carry on with a new story with the same concept.

Robinhood Men in Tights

Flubber

Bicentennial Man

Return to Oz

Jason Bourne trilogy (I guess the new Bond stole his niche)

Scream

Mortal Kombat

Hook

Last edited:

C4lukin2

Banned
I think Jaws is the most obvious franchise that has not been rebooted.

I am glad that is the case. But get a talented director, create a new Jaws film, it would kill.

DiscoJer

Little Shop of Horrors already had a remake (the 80s one). The original was a 60s Roger Corman movie.

And The Blob was also remade in the 1980s. One of my favorite remakes.

obin_gam

Seriously HIGHLANDER is one of the olny franchises that deserves a real remake.
The premise is great and cool and badass and you can do basically whatever you want.

Soltype

The Secret of NIMH, thought someone would have made it by now. People love movies with talking animals.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Why remake movies that were already 'perfect' for one reason or another: Jaws, Gremlins and Running Man were great movies and would lose a LOT by remaking them. No need for those.
In 9 out of 10 cases the main idea behind a remake is to make more cash thanks to an already established (and liked) idea for a movie, not to improve the original material. :)

The Running Man is an especially interesting case imo, it would work well (financially) as as a series of new movies (like Death Race sequels) or even as a tv series.

Last edited:
MV5BM2MyNjYxNmUtYTAwNi00MTYxLWJmNWYtYzZlODY3ZTk3OTFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg

GOAT, not sure if it's a good idea tho.

holygeesus

Banned
Time After Time

Really clever idea, and while it has aged pretty well, the limited practical effects let it down a little.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Hollywood puts together remakes all the time, Jumanji had one of the best casts in a while.

Doczu

The Evil Dead sequels. We did get a serious remake but i'd like to see the sequels remade, with the comedy aspects.

Kadayi

Banned
The Seven Samurai

I'm surprised that no ones seemingly stepped up to make an actual proper remake even if it was a shot for shot one.

Last edited:
The Shining
Jaws
The Fly
Warlock
Gremlins
Commando
Cobra
The Running Man
The running man would probably be the best out of those in this age
It could be like a hyper amped purge type movie and could easily be twisted into some anti trump/republicans

In today’s age it could also follow the original book more

Top Bottom