• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies you wish existed

Live action Voltron
jzA06wv.jpg

Live action Masters of the Universe
wqCOtlh.jpg

PHlduZ8.jpg

This should also definitely be made, I wonder why it never got off the ground
Not sure why it never got made. Sadly Milius had a bad stroke some time ago, so I'm not sure how high making movies is on his priority list, and Poledouris has since passed on. Not sure if we'll ever get anything as great as what we could have.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
An aliens vs predator movie with no humans.

Predators drop off some young ones in training on an hostile world filled with various aliens and an hour or hour and a half later only a couple are left.

INC

Gold Member
An aliens vs predator movie with no humans.

Predators drop off some young ones in training on an hostile world filled with various aliens and an hour or hour and a half later only a couple are left.

What I don't get, is how hasnt there been a predator film, based in the desert.

Use the iraq war as the back drop (predator hunts apex killers, a war would have this)

Use the same format as predator 1+2

Delta force sent deep into enemy lines, against a brutal war monger, during the rescue they rescue a CIA operative, here on unknown reasons (link in predator pyramid cannon, he's there to discover more about these aliens, he works for the same goverment agency as predator 2)

The delta now have to extract/escspe through villages etc etc, being hunted by the predator and the war monger

You know the rest

This seems like a no brainer, predator hunt in hot climates, so it fits that too.

Slam dunk

Last edited:

Gp1

A without remorse that actually follows the book. Really want a rainbow six as well.

Besides some small adaptations, R6 "Ding Chavez" version can be easily adapted to contemporary times. (eco terrorism, biological threat etc). But I don't keep high hopes for the confirmed Amazon one. After Without Remorse, they probably going to focus on the Ubisoft woke version.

What I really want is a Red Storm Rising movie or TV series.

Last edited:
I would have loved a sequel to the original Mortal Kombat film instead of having to wait till 2021 for a new one. A good Fantastic Four would have been great too. That's all that comes to mind atm.

TheAdlerian

Banned
I would love to see Iain Banks Culture series made into movies.

They are about a space civilization run by AI that really like humans and make anything possible for them. However, when they encounter independent civilizations, they set out to destroy them in order to eliminate violence and bring them under their control.

So, the question is: are the AI just keeping humans as pets and are imperialistic or are the doing everyone a favor.

Also, the series is a comment on countries like the US.

We will go into some primitive country, give you toilets, clothes, meds, great TV and movies, and are we doing that to improve life, or addict the people?

The novels are very witty as well. The AI are hyper intelligent and amusing in their views.

Peggies

Gold Member
I'd like to have a third "Addam's Family" with Anjelica Huston, Christopher Lloyd and Raúl Juliá but they're too old now.

Alternatively Tom Hardy could play all the parts for a sequel :pie_thinking:.

INC

Gold Member
I'd like to have a third "Addam's Family" with Anjelica Huston, Christopher Lloyd and Raúl Juliá but they're too old now.

Alternatively Tom Hardy could play all the parts for a sequel :pie_thinking:.

He'd run out of silly voices and hunched over walks to play them all

Ballthyrm

New Westerns with no CGI.

There is a couple of good modern ones
  • 3:10 to Yuma
  • True Grit
  • The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
  • Three Burials
  • Meek's Cutoff

As for my picks for movies that I wished were being made:

1. "Napoleon" by Stanley Kubrick
  2. "Star Trek" by Quentin Tarentino
  3. "Eastern Promises" Sequel by David Cronenberg
  4. "The Black Count" by Cary Fukunaga (may still happen)
  5. "Kill Bill: Vol. 3" by Quentin Tarentino (may still happen)
  6. "The Thief and The Cobbler" complete edition by Richard Williams
  7. "Mort" by John Musker and Ron Clements (based on the Terry Pratchett book) didn't make it :(

Last edited:
Evil R-rated star wars. Darth Maul unleashed.

A sequel to The Kentucky Fried Movie.

Real explorative documentary about taking various drugs for the first few times with your friends and experiences around that.

A series of movies done over a life time of one person per movie e.g. a lifelong criminal, an off the grid person, corporate big wig, politician, mother, career air force pilot etc.

Madlibs the movie, a movie entirely created through the concept of madlibs and group contribution with AAA grade production values.

Some weird VR single universe experience. Interactive simulation where the "players" are free to explore the world and events set up by a studio and curated during the actual showing.

Top Bottom