• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Cancels 1 on 1 Interviews with GB, GI.biz, Tapezilla...MCV?: "Scheduling conflict"

They could have just told Phil Harrison to stay the fuck away from E3 and been done with it.

Not to single out someone but do you think he has been a player in their somewhat negativity over the past few months? I remember him at Sony and just couldn't take to his ideology/ persona at all. "The PS3 is a super computer, you don't need a PC" for example.

Tamanon

Banned
Microsoft reminds me of that one guy that was trying to run for presidency last year, what was his name?

"There are 47 percent of the gamers who will buy the Playstation 4 no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with them, who are dependent upon Gamestop, who believe that they are victims, who believe the industry has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to used games, to offline gaming, to no cameras, to you-name-it. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Cancelled pre and post conference stuff? Cancelled one-on-one meetings? Scheduling conflict? Apple's WWDC is also on Monday. There is only one possible explanation: Microsoft has purchased Apple. Bill Gates is going to show up live at the WWDC and it will be telecast at the Microsoft E3 conference. Just like Shane McMahon. You heard it here first.

Nosgoroth

New Xbone game leaked

jbwPCel0NzRG3k.jpg

1-D_FTW

Not to single out someone but do you think he has been a player in their somewhat negativity over the past few months? I remember him at Sony and just couldn't take to his ideology/ persona at all. "The PS3 is a super computer, you don't need a PC" for example.

I think he's referring to all the truthbombs he let fly after the unveiling conference. And how MS spent the next week trying to spin their way out of all the statements he made.

JDSN

Banned
Wasnt Keplec the one (and only) that pointed out that EA, Ubisoft and Activision might have some pull involving the creating of One's DRM policies?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
"There are 47 percent of the gamers who will buy the Playstation 4 no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with them, who are dependent upon Gamestop, who believe that they are victims, who believe the industry has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to used games, to offline gaming, to no cameras, to you-name-it. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

This thread delivers.

I am sure this was posted but:

“Unfortunately, due to some changes in our executives’ schedules – including some external industry and partner sessions – we are no longer able to offer the Core Roundtable session on Monday June 10 at 11:30am.”

External Industry Partners? That should make your hair stand up right now. Hollywood Executives, TV Channels, Big Corporations, Cable and Satellite Companies, THOSE are people OUTSIDE the video game industry.

They put all those people first, before gamers and before gaming media. Also, there must be a lot of those meetings scheduled, where everyone has to be there, and they take up lots of time if they cannot fit in a one on one sit down session with the gaming media.

Here is the link if you didn't see it!!

This is getting comical and sad at the same time.

serious question, what do you think 3rd parties particularly those with deals with MS with the Xbone are looking at this MS reveal and follow on problems and the neogaf/gamer backlash are thinking?

Morthas

Neo Member
Yeah, that's really clever. Avoiding questions, avoiding problems, avoiding fans, avoiding the press.

They think they can act as nothing has happened. And it'll backfire even more.

So, seems like a change of plans might mean they want to make no (more) mistakes in officially answering and addressing the most common questions and concerns that have the community and press spinning up tornadoes all of these months. That's the only reason I can see that they would have all of these last-minute cancellations.

partime

For this entertainment device, maybe they should wait until CES 2014 for the reveal.
It might be better received...

*applause*

Please proceed Microsoft.

Its almost like they want to give Sony all the PR and Interviews. Microsoft is on damage control from their Xbox One reveal and its doing more harm than good,

Guevara

So, seems like a change of plans might mean they want to make no (more) mistakes in officially answering and addressing the most common questions and concerns that have the community and press spinning up tornadoes all of these months. That's the only reason I can see that they would have all of these last-minute cancellations.

Like, they have to walk such a narrow line on non-answers and half truths they aren't sure they can keep it up across multiple interviews? I can kind of see that.

Requiem

I have a feeling that MS E3 showing is gonna be one for the books; it has to be with all this bad PR swirling around...

Phreaker

Like, they have to walk such a narrow line on non-answers and half truths they aren't sure they can keep it up across multiple interviews? I can kind of see that.

But what's the point of delaying the bad news? It's not like we aren't going to know what's up before we go buy one.

jacobs34

If it's a scheduling conflict, howsabout rescheduling Klepek for some quality time?

This - or if anyone from Microsoft is listening, there are thousands of people on NeoGAF (myself included) that would be more than happy to ask questions at your convenience.

Scooter

Banned
I read that like you just discovered this. Aaron Greenberg turns my stomach.

I already knew it but this one takes the cake. Instead of SHUTTING THE FUCK UP about this horrible decision he decided to lie to our faces. He's fucking disgusting.

UberTag

It does look like Microsoft's stonewalling. I expect Kotaku's interview to be canned too.
This is getting interesting!! Haha!

So only Kotaku is still in the race? If they really get a 1 on 1 interview, then sure as hell the whole world will be paying VERY CLOSE attention to every question they might be asking. And if they don't ask about all that DRM/NoUsedGames stuff, maaaany people will be pissed!
They'll leave the Totilo cancellation for last because they know Kotaku will make a huge stink about it. Save it for next week when it'll get buried amidst pretty pictures and exclusive announcements.

They had low yields on PR staff I guess. Probably should have downclocked.
They're downclocking press interviews as we speak. Such a shame that downclocking so much leads to an inability to schedule time properly. Guess the cloud can't solve everything.

Don't worry. Polygon will liken the Xbox One to a technological savior, weep tears of joy, and write article after article of adulation.

Top Bottom