• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS HoloLens

Krejlooc

Banned
Huh, I wonder if people can buy into dev kits OR style. Really interesting to see what people come up with.

Probably not, I'd imagine. I'm trying to raise money to go to build but it's like $4000... thinking maybe a gofundme page but I always feel iffy about stuff like that. I have a feeling keeping in the developer loop with Microsoft is how you get a hololens sdk.

Raide

Probably not, I'd imagine. I'm trying to raise money to go to build but it's like $4000... thinking maybe a gofundme page but I always feel iffy about stuff like that. I have a feeling keeping in the developer loop with Microsoft is how you get a hololens sdk.

Yeah, I get the feeling you have to stick tight to them to s anything this soon.

Heretic

Didn't it sell out within the first hour?

Bsigg12

After inquiring about their pilot program, it appears they'll unveil the SDK to normal developers at Build 2015.

Hmm, I wonder if they offer any student passes for Build. I would love to go.

Edit: just looked, it's $1000 for students but sold out. God dammit.

There are 4 studios making HoloLens Experiences as of now
http://steverulez.co.uk/?p=14741

Microsoft’s new studios are Hololens developers

Recent rumours, website leaks, job listings and Linkedin profiles have given us some indication that Microsoft have some new unannounced game studios working hard in Redmond, following my previous posts and more recent events being the Windows 10 event in January it seems that the announcement of Hololens has given us an insight into what these new studios are working on and the answer is Hololens.

Daniel-McCulloch-Studio-Manager.png

LXP:
•Nick Fajt – Hololens Executive Producer
•Dan Kroymann – Senior Software Developer
•Brian Mount – Principal Senior Software Engineering Manager
•Arthur Tomlin – Senior Software Development Engineer
•Jamie Kirschenbaum – Lead FX Artist

Good Science Studios:
•Eddie Parker – Hololens Software Engineer
•Andrew Jean – Master of Holograms
•Craig Hoffman – Technical Art Director
•Adin Clark – Contract Level Designer
•Alex Laurant – Sr Art Director

Function Studios:
•Joe Thompson – Designer
•Paola Paulinho – 3D UI/Rigger/Animator/CG Generalist

Microsoft Studios Victoria(?!)

The studio is known to be shut down so maybe the person has just not fully updated their Linkedin profile, they seem to working for “P3 Studio” now with seems to be another studio.
•Edoardo De Martin – Studio Manager

Microsoft Studios (general):
•Scott Warren – Senior Business Development Manager

Platform Next Studios:
•Lloyd Bagtas – Senior Visual Designer
•Alberto Cerriteño – Art Director

SOTA:
•Michael Hoffman – Principal Dev Lead

See the gallery for all the specific mentions of Hololens and Microsoft Studios in each persons Linkedin.

long article read it for the rest

Top Bottom