• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MTV has no soul(or taste) at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

I'm mainly a hip-hop fan. MTV was the place that played garbage of any genre, but MTV2 was at least a place where if I was in the mod I could sample good shit from other styles. MTV's destroyed that. How can both channels both calling themselves MUSIC Television not play anything REMOTELY having to do with music over a 6 hour span starting in prime time? At least there's Music Choice on DirecTV. I can sample new uncensored music from all over without any jackases trying to be clever.

Hawksley

Much Music. Digital or satellite cable. Canadian. Music, music, music! :)

They've also got dedicated channels: Much More Music for softer stuff, Much More Retro for, well, retro stuff, Much Vibe for urban, hip hop, and the like, and Much Loud for punk and metal.

Seth C

Because they want you to demand more of their channels! If you want music from MTV you have to ask for MTV Hits and MTV Jams.

MIMIC

Banned
Seth C said:
Because they want you to demand more of their channels! If you want music from MTV you have to ask for MTV Hits and MTV Jams.

I was fucking mad when they played Madonna videos 24/7 (LITERALLY!!) on MTV Hits 2 weeks ago.

OmniGamer

MIMIC said:
I was fucking mad when they played Madonna videos 24/7 (LITERALLY!!) on MTV Hits 2 weeks ago.

Yeah...10 days of Madonna. At first I thought it was just the weekend...then they slapped the 10 days watermark on. What really sucked about it was that I had just gotten digital cable and was enjoying MTV Hits' random playlist of videos, then bam, nothing but madonna.

Mumbles

The Promised One said:
MTV sucks in all it's forms. It's true, cuz the Bible says so.

But if the bible said it, then MTV would have to be good.

*ahem* anyway, as a hip hop fan, I lost faith in MTV after they cancelled Yo MTV Raps.

OmniGamer said:
Yeah...10 days of Madonna. At first I thought it was just the weekend...then they slapped the 10 days watermark on. What really sucked about it was that I had just gotten digital cable and was enjoying MTV Hits' random playlist of videos, then bam, nothing but madonna.

To their credit, I believe that's the first time they've done anything like that on Hits. Probably trying to increase awareness of the channel.

mosaic

go eat paint
~10 years ago, MTV only had Real World and a few misc cartoons to gum up their network with. Now, God, Bam, Punk'd, Newlyweds, Real World, Inferno, Pimp my Ride, etc. What the hell do any of those shows have to do with music?

Luckily, I'm a rabid insomniac and MTV actually does show videos from around midnight to 8AM.

Flynn

From the purist perspective e.g. us oldsters who enjoyed a 24-hour network of music videos with little or no playlists, even those shows were unacceptable.

For a brief and glorious time MTV2 recreated those glory days, but you know what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom