• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Much Thanks GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiban

While I would question some of the tastes of music in this forum, I must admit that thanks to the recent post lyrics thread and what are you listening to thread, I've expanded my music collection while contracting my wallet.

Will I make rent this month? Maybe, but I'll have some great music to listen to regardless.

Thanks, you bastards.

Richiban

Here goes:

The Killers - At first I just wrote this group off as another underground band that one or two people have heard of, and that I would give one or two songs a listen and realize that it's not really my thing. I was pleasantly suprised in that I found the music to be very catchy with some great parts of songs that made me stop and go, 'whoah...that was pretty awesome.'

Explosions In The Sky - When I eat bands like Mogwai, and Do Make Say Think and The Faunts for breakfast, I was seriously suprised that I missed this band. It only took one song for me to hop in my car to search Edmonton for the albums. I'm listening to 'Earth Is Not A Cold Place' right now, and it's wonderful.

Elysian Fields - While I haven't listened to this one as much, it was in the lyrics thread and I dug the lyrics a lot.

Fear Before The March Of Flames - YEAH! Now that's more like it. This group sounds like what I usually listen to. My music library consists mostly of Punk Rock and Hardcore, so this one was a nice addition.

I'm always down for new music. I'm not picky with music, my only criteria is that it gets my foot tapping. From one minute, I could be listening to Raised Fist followed by Boards Of Canada, followed by James Brown, followed by Ice Cube, followed by Sarah Brightman, and so on and so forth. Music is a wonder to me, much respect to those who make it and much respect to those who share it with others. I could not have heard a lot of great groups that I enjoy now without people recommending them.

The Killers is my favorite CD of this year. The cds slower songs are eh, but Midnight Show, Jenny was a Friend of Mine, and Change Your Mind are great, as is the rest of the track. Trying to remember the name of the one song I hate.

Franz Ferdinand is awesome but I have to take breaks from the cd since they sound REAL samey after a while.

The Hives are cool and rock, but also suffer from extreme samey like franz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom