• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple cases of racist incidents reported after Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackpot

Banned
http://www.theguardian.com/politics...o-brexit-result-reported-in-england-and-wales

Suspected racist graffiti was found on the front entrance of the Polish Social and Cultural Association (POSK) in Hammersmith, west London, early on Sunday morning.

The Metropolitan police confirmed they had been called to the cultural centre on Sunday morning and were pursuing inquiries related to “allegedly racially motivated criminal damage”.

According to reports from the Cambridge News, a number of cards saying “Leave the EU/No more Polish vermin” in both English and Polish were found outside St Peter’s school by teaching assistants and students, including an 11-year-old Polish child, who reported they made him feel “really sad”.

Cards bearing the same message were said to have been posted through mailboxes of residents.

In Gloucester, Max Fras said he was in a Tesco supermarket on Friday night with his young son when a white man became agitated in the queue for the checkout and began yelling: “This is England now, foreigners have 48 hours to fuck right off. Who is foreign here? Anyone foreign?”

Fras said the man began quizzing people in the queue about where they were from. “He pointed at another gentleman in front of him and said: ‘Where are you from, are you Spanish? Are you Italian? Are you Romanian?’ And he said ‘No, I’m English’,” said Fras.

including one from Heaven Crawley, a research professor at Coventry University, about an incident allegedly witnessed by her daughter in Birmingham.

“This evening my daughter left work in Birmingham and saw [a] group of lads corner a Muslim girl shouting ‘Get out, we voted leave’,” she posted on Twitter.

Many of the reports of incidents seem to show the mistaken belief that EU citizens living in the UK will be forced to leave the country as a result of the referendum result, with instances reported of a Polish woman being told to get off a bus and “get packing”, of a Polish man being told at an airport that he “shouldn’t still be here, that we had voted to be rid of people like him”, of a Polish coffee shop worker being jeered at and told “you’re going home now” and of Polish children at a primary school crying because they were scared of getting deported from Britain.

In a photograph published to Twitter, one man in Romford was shown wearing a T-shirt reading: “Yes! We won! Now send them back”.

Channel 4 journalist Ciaran Jenkins said that while reporting from Barnsley on Friday in the hours after the referendum results were announced, he overheard three different people shout “send them home” in five minutes.

One alleged incident involved men chanting “Out, out, out” at Muslim women and in another he said a man at King’s Cross station “yells ‘Brexit’ in my south Asian friend’s face”.

When Marine Le Pen, Geert Wilders, Nigel Farage, and Donald Trump are over the moon about something, you can probably guess it was racist.

I see UK can really no longer claim they're smarter than Americans just because they have a fancy accent. You could have replaced "southern" and "Muslim" in here and I wouldn't know the difference from a US story.

Poor little kid had to experience first hand what ignorant people are like. You fought Hitler who loved blind racism and now you have some of your own. Keep it classy.

Plum

My mum works in a school helping troubled kids and she said that all of Friday the few Polish/immigrant kids from the school were in her room bawling their eyes out. It's fucking ridiculous.

It's so sad that we're going to be leaving based on the opinions of cunts like these. What the fuck is wrong with this country?

My mum works in a school helping troubled kids and she said that all of Friday the few Polish/immigrant kids from the school were in her room bawling their eyes out. It's fucking ridiculous.

It's so sad that we're going to be leaving based on the opinions of cunts like these. What the fuck is wrong with this country?
Don't forget the ironic trolls who voted to leave because it'd be funny. This stupid fucking le dank may mays mentality is going to get trump elected in the Us

But Leave wasnt racist though!!!11!!

Yesterday at work, a female colleague was insulted by this old twat who told her she was 'young' and 'ignorant' for voting to remain

When he asked her what colour her boyfriend was, she said he was black

He then said that he will 'get strung up on a tree'

Fuck anyone who voted Leave

Tenebrous

“This evening my daughter left work in Birmingham and saw [a] group of lads corner a Muslim girl shouting ‘Get out, we voted leave’,” she posted on Twitter.

This is where I'm from... Sigh, what a shitshow. If I ever saw something like that happen, I'd gladly go to jail for assault.

but I was told that Brexit was because of the shrinking middle class and the huge wealth inequality and stuff

are you telling me that it has to do with some other thing?

I literally can't fathom what goes on in someone's head when they say this kind of shit

Their towns and cities have been left to rot for 30 years, and all the while they've been told it's the foreigners' fault. It's pretty easy to understand, and pretty difficult to forgive. I still blame those in power who actively cultivated it though

Slayven

Racist embolden by racist government

I am shocked, legit awed.

Sadly things will get worse before they get better

T-Rex.

Banned
This is depressing, but not in the least bit surprising. It'll only get worse once they realise they were sold a dream.

ramparter

Banned
Instead of blaming brexit think for a moment, these people were always like that but they just didnt have the grounds to express their human hatred

Dizzy

Banned
But people voted Leave for other reasons than Xenophobia and Racism.

Honest....
Oh God must we really have yet another thread boil down to this judgemental nonsense?

Are you really going to say that 17,410,742 people all voted out of racism? That says a lot more about you to be honest.

On topic it's absolutely disgusting, especially the ones aimed at schools. Racists are going to be racists though. They're doing it now out of a bizarre sense of victory, as if everyone of a different nationality or race is going to be thrown out of the UK. Had Remain one, they would have done it out of a sense of anger. Scum gonna be scum no matter what.

platocplx

Their towns and cities have been left to rot for 30 years, and all the while they've been told it's the foreigners' fault. It's pretty easy to understand, and pretty difficult to forgive. I still blame those in power who actively cultivated it though
Sounds similar to Republicans in the US. blame the minorities, while they rob those people blind.

Jumeira

Banned
Not sure how they think brown skin migrants are affected? Anyway, horrible treatment of people that make up this community. Kind of annoying that this win has motivated the racists.

I don't think for a second motivations for vote leave were racist by mainline politicians, as lots of people of colour did vote to leave so that immigration to the UK would be equal, so I don't believe that for a second. But the likes of Farage and his ilk celebrating really does sour my opinion of the leavers .

Sounds similar to Republicans in the US. blame the minorities, while they rob those people blind.

And much like in the US, the Democrats/Labour bear just as much of the blame. Either they're sneering at them for being poor or they're actively joining in the xenophobia, but they sure as fuck aren't actually helping

6JDr1sG.jpg

Make Britain British again actually means make England English again.

Fun times ahead.

Kurdel

Banned
I see UK can really no longer claim they're smarter than Americans just because they have a fancy accent. You could have replaced "southern" and "Muslim" in here and I wouldn't know the difference from a US story.

Poor little kid had to experience first hand what ignorant people are like. You fought Hitler who loved blind racism and now you have some of your own. Keep it classy.

Have you ever heard about the British empire?

Racism is pervasive and will never go away, but some politcal moveents and institutions can embolden people.

Unconfirmed Member
While these people existed before Thursday, the result has emboldened their previously concealed bigotry. It's a shame some people are interpreting the result of the referendum as a vote in favour of making racism socially acceptable again.

Fortunately these people are going to come crashing back down to earth when EU immigrants get their right to remain, the EU trade deal does include some level of immigration and when the police knock on their door to charge under the Racial and Religious Hatred Act.

Plum

Stuff like this is settling this; i am going to leave the uk. I don't feel British anymore.

Yep. I've lived here all my life and right now I'm only here because I have to be. Now I can't trust many people I see (especially the older generation), it's like finding out a family member is a gigantic racist after knowing them for all your life.

+Aliken+

Cowards coming out now that they think they are the majority (at least I hope that not all leavers are racist shits).

Oh God must we really have yet another thread boil down to this judgemental nonsense?

Are you really going to say that 17,410,742 people all voted out of racism? That says a lot more about you to be honest.
I mean constantly saying #notallleavers doesn't change the fact that the main reason why people voted leave was immigration.

Cake Boss

Banned
And much like in the US, the Democrats/Labour bear just as much of the blame. Either they're sneering at them for being poor or they're actively joining in the xenophobia, but they sure as fuck aren't actually helping

Wut? Who's on the democrat side saying we should build walls from mexico to keep rapists out?

cjp

Unequivocally disgusting.

But Leave wasnt racist though!!!11!!

Yesterday at work, a female colleague was insulted by this old twat who told her she was 'young' and 'ignorant' for voting to remain

When he asked her what colour her boyfriend was, she said he was black

He then said that he will 'get strung up on a tree'

Fuck anyone who voted Leave

As is this attitude.

For fucks sake.
Suspected racist graffiti was found on the front entrance of the Polish Social and Cultural Association (POSK) in Hammersmith, west London, early on Sunday morning.

The Metropolitan police confirmed they had been called to the cultural centre on Sunday morning and were pursuing inquiries related to “allegedly racially motivated criminal damage”.
And this isn't that far from me.

platocplx

Yeah they are just as complicit in this as well. Just one side however makes it their entire platform. But they arent totally blameless.

Slayven

What democrats you talking about? The same ones that passed ACA?

The Republicans are the ones who push the "poor people are lazy" narrative, and while plenty of Democrats are xenophobic on an individual level, that's not part of their party's platform (the same can't be said of the Republicans).

The Democrats are certainly guilty of not doing enough to help the middle class, though.

Unequivocally disgusting.

As is this attitude.

Sorry,

Having a lot of Muslim and PoC friends being racially abused quite a bit more since Brexit by people who voted Leave does not engender me to anyone who did

Its hard to not be emotional abut it all when the instant the vote was announced, a friend was sent a message saying 'go back home p*** cunt) - guess the P Word

Are you really going to say that 17,410,742 people all voted out of racism?

No, but the ones who didn't vote Leave because of Racism have acted as enablers for the ones who did.

These racists feel vindicated, they've won. They've been proven "right". And as a result they feel emboldened and their behaviour will get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom