• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Music Video Tells the Story of the Atari E.T. Fiasco

Flynn

Video here.

etcartsvideo.jpg

via Boing Boing

Hellraizah said:
The question now is :

did they really find the place where it was all buried ?

Seems so.

I was wondering that too, I find that hard to believe though, it would be really cool if true.

IntestineBoy

Sasquatch of 1000 (hairy) colons
Naive little boy here, but is it possible those were all actual ET carts? Could they have dug them up for real? I'm curious.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
GitarooMan said:
That's really cool, I unfortunately own a copy of E.T. and have finished it.

I no longer own it... but I must admit... I did finish it too...

Skullkid

Some of my earliest memories include falling over and over again into holes in ET. I must have been too young to realize it was a horrible game because I played it right along with River Raid, Asteroids, etc.

Skullkid said:
Some of my earliest memories include falling over and over again into holes in ET. I must have been too young to realize it was a horrible game because I played it right along with River Raid, Asteroids, etc.

Yeah, I was really young when i played it too, at the time I didn't realize how shitty it was. Only later did I come to learn of its place in history.

Eh... its a decent vid, at least on a purely technical level (it was shot well, nice editing, etc.). I didn't like the song as well, but that's just my taste.

Though it would have been nice if it could at least mentioned that the person who created the game had like zero amount of time to create it (Howard Scott Warshaw), and was more or less high the entire time.

IntestineBoy said:
Naive little boy here, but is it possible those were all actual ET carts? Could they have dug them up for real? I'm curious.

Actually, all the carts were steamrolled before being deposited into the ground. And there's now houses where those carts were buried.

Also, this bullshit has to end... E.T. is most definitely not the worst game ever made as so many people like to contend, and certainly not the worst 2600 game either.

Top Bottom