• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Black PS5 v.2

Thoughts?

• Better than the gloss

Votes: 206 85.8%
  • Gloss was better!

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • WTF you're still an idiot

Votes: 23 9.6%

• Total voters

Imtjnotu

so after some feedback from the last thread i gave it another go and went with Matte instead of the gloss.

i can always go back and fourth between any color as of now and have an extra pair of plates just in case of warranty issues.

and excuse the fingerprints.

20201120-152658-2.jpg

20201120-152747.jpg

20201120-152804.jpg

no you cant have the pumpkin

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Its like wrapping an ugly baby in a different blanket. That said, i think the digital one looks far better than the disc version, and both look like d-link designed routers. I actually don't mind how my digital one looks in white horizontal.

Imtjnotu

This.

Also Imtjnotu Imtjnotu what was your methodology for painting the plates and what products did you use?
i wanted something different than the white. i have a couple decals coming in to finish the thing off but i have to wait a few days before they get here.

used a devil bliss 4flg-670 as the paint gun and some extra paint i had from sherman.

Reactions: GHG

Iced Arcade

very nice... too bad you couldn't easily paint over the glossy part of the console. then again it might look too plain.

so after some feedback from the last thread i gave it another go and went with Matte instead of the gloss.

i can always go back and fourth between any color as of now and have an extra pair of plates just in case of warranty issues.

and excuse the fingerprints.

20201120-152658-2.jpg

20201120-152747.jpg

20201120-152804.jpg

no you cant have the pumpkin

Gloss almost always looks cheesy, this matte black looks much better. The matte hides the inevitable orange peel as well.

Eternal21

Sony fucked up big time. We got matte white, and glossy black, when it should be the opposite (or ideally everything should be matte black). Anyone that likes stock PS5 look has shitty taste.

Synless

Sony did good with the white contrast. it just looks blah in all black. That said, matte black was the better choice made for your system.

skneogaf

Why do people think painting the removable plates will void the warranty?

Surely a warranty void sticker would be somewhere on the actual main unit?

Grinchy

Banned
might might go back to original. we shall see. hoping someone comes out with some 3d prints of these so i can try more things
I wanna try like a baby blue. Maybe even some kind of wave pattern, maybe like the ps3 OS thing, where it baby blue and white.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Looks amazing and professional. I don't know anything about painting, so I have a question: how can you easily switch between glossy and matte without degrading the material or layering too much paint? Do you submerge the plates in a chemical of some sort to remove old paint before you apply new paint? Does this process degrade the plates over time?

Last edited:
Top Bottom