• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My little brother beats me up what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocle

HeadlessRoland said:
Im sorry if my cursing intimidates you, maybe you should call the police. You should probably edit that horribad shitpost tho. It is a travesty that offends both the eye and the mind.
Yeah, cool. That doesn't really answer my question, but OK.

bill0527 said:
He has to sleep some time. Fix his shit good when he goes night-night.

And tell him that you know you can't stand toe to toe with him, so you'll get his sorry ass when he least expects it.

Go shit nuts on him. Cut a wrestling promo on him.
This.

BUT FIRST, try to go full on with him face-to-face. Tell him you're not gonna take this shit anymore and that the gloves are OFF. If he tries to pull something you FIGHT LIKE YOUR LIFE was on the line! REAL FIGHT! Fuck up the house if you have to!

Walk around shirt less if you're too ashamed to tell your parent up front. So when they ask "WTH happened to you?!?" you can say " ... Lil bro got anger problems. Yeah ... you should talk to him because I'm NOT gonna let him get away with this again".

If he STILL hits you you now know that you can't take him on face-to-face then GO SNEAKY BASTARD MODE!

Piss in his drinks (I know that that shit will make you feel better on the inside ... trust me). SUCKER PUNCH THE FUCK out of him when he is sleeping. When you see him ... alone ... sneak up behind him and KICK HIM IN THE BALLS! Grow your nails so that if he gets you down and gets on top of you you can BITE AND CLAW THE FUCK OUT OF HIM!

If you REALLY care about him then its your damn job as his OLDER BROTHER to get it through his head that he can't just beat up on people that are smaller than him.

Monocle said:
Yeah, cool. That doesn't really answer my question, but OK.

Sorry I was unaware there was a question hidden in all that crying. Can you restate it?

DeathNote said:
HeadlessRoland, do you know what Verbal Abuse is?

Could you imagine saying ALL of these phrases in a 30 minute argument with a wife or kid?

Please bibble, lets provide some context to my responses. But yes in the meat world if one of my friends posed these same arguments they would receive the same disgusted derision.

Not really sure where the qualifier of "wife and kids" comes into play. Kinda a scary addition to the conversation.

Monocle

HeadlessRoland said:
Sorry I was unaware there was a question hidden in all that crying. Can you restate it?
Oh, so this is like some sort of elaborate account suicide? You see how rude you can get before you're slapped down by the hammer of justice? You're not quite there, champ. Swing harder.

Sounds like you need some training

wguzK.jpg

Monocle said:
Oh, so this is like some sort of elaborate account suicide? You see how rude you can get before you're slapped down by the hammer of justice?

No. But I find your off topic and personal invective with no relation to the ongoing argument to be both counter productive and not very smart. So if its possible can you please stick to the topic and hand.

It makes it easier for everyone involved.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
HeadlessRoland said:
for someone who has Elton John in his avatar you are stone cold badass I salute you!!!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
HeadlessRoland said:
King Mob is not amused.
who or what is a king mob? never heard of him/them, serious question.
it looked like elton john to me I need to put glasses on my glasses

akira28

yeah seriously, this happens sometimes. It's called 'my brother is a psycho'. Just call the cops. Maybe you'll end up on Cops. Faces blocked out of course. Just taking a beating for no reason without provocation? You don't put up with that because he's your brother. Dude has issues. First you need to talk to your parents and have them talk to him. If he can't self control it after that, you need to get the dude some help. After a night in the cooler.

edit: also leave. If your parents can't control that shit.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
akira28 said:
yeah seriously, this happens sometimes. It's called 'my brother is a psycho'. Just call the cops. Maybe you'll end up on Cops. Faces blocked out of course. Just taking a beating for no reason without provocation? You don't put up with that because he's your brother. Dude has issues. First you need to talk to your parents and have them talk to him. If he can't self control it after that, you need to get the dude some help. After a night in the cooler.
this post is far to rational..
on a serious note OP. please do something along these lines..
I once saw a documentary about men in abusive with female partners who abused them..a few of them were too scared to get help, few of them ended up dead :( not saying it will happen but don't suffer in silence also not trying to troll, see these guys some of them were big men, they just thought people would laugh at them.

_Isaac

AlimNassor said:
Anyways, I'll tell it to my mom and try to get a family meeting and maybe get him the help he needs...if that fails...well the Police sound like they'll be helpful.

Nothing will help him. He won't change. He'll continue beating up on you until one of you moves out. He'll then find an insanely hot woman that he's going to end up beating constantly. She'll cry about it and then marry him where he'll continue to beat her. Then they'll have kids and he'll beat them. Then those kids will beat up on each other. Then they'll grow up, and the cycle continues..

Rodney McKay said:
I actually agree with him. If the older brother is not within reach of the younger brother he will not get hit by his fists. It's not a complicated idea.

Yeah but that isn't the ideal solution for the OP (I'm guessing). Why should he move out when his brother is the aggressor? Why shouldn't he call the police when he is the victim of domestic abuse?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Soloist said:
What do you mean? These are all phrases I use in a typical conversation with my brothers.
Trading insults in a joking manner or a 1 minute confrontation is very different from saying phrase after phrase in a 30+ minute rant or argument in a non-joking way.

A wife hearing an accumulation of these phrases for 30 minutes:

"Man the fuck up you pussy .... The police are going to fucking laugh at you .... I fear for you in the real world ... I can't imagine you being so helpless .... Dear god it's downright pathetic .... Your parents are going to laugh at you while you cry yourself to sleep ... Are you fucking 12 ... ... Are you to dim to understand."

Needs to get the hell away from that man.

Two people going back and forth like that for that long is Jersey Shore...

DeathNote said:
Trading insults in a joking manner or a 1 minute confrontation is very different from saying phrase after phrase in a 30+ minute rant or argument in a non-joking way.

I would bother to cut/paste the posts my invective was in response to. But that would lend some validity to your sniveling so I will refrain from doing so. Protip: Beyond me calling the OP a pussy I did not start the name calling...

Dabookerman said:
Wow! There sure are some tough guys here.

Title is misleading anyway. In no way is this brother "little"

That's actually interesting. I wonder what would happen if the OP lied and said it was his older brother. I wonder how many of the tough guys going "lol hes fucking younger pussy!" would change their stance even though age has nothing to do with their physical prowess at this point in their lives.

Also I wonder what would the internet tough guys would say if the OP were a 21 year old female and it was her 18 year old brother. Or what if the OP was an 18 year old female and it was her 21 year old brother beating her?

Soloist

Neo Member
DeathNote said:

A wife hearing an accumulation of these phrases for 30 minutes:

"Man the fuck up you pussy .... The police are going to fucking laugh at you .... I fear for you in the real world ... I can't imagine you being so helpless .... Dear god it's downright pathetic .... Your parents are going to laugh at you while you cry yourself to sleep ... Are you fucking 12 ... ... Are you to dim to understand."

Needs to get the hell away from that man.

Two people going back and forth like that for that long is Jersey Shore...

I was joking :p

Obsessed said:
That's actually interesting. I wonder what would happen if the OP lied and said it was his older brother. I wonder how many of the tough guys going "lol hes fucking younger pussy!" would change their stance even though age has nothing to do with their physical prowess at this point in their lives.

Physical prowess really has absolutely nothing to do with why one should stick up for themselves. Everyone gets their ass kicked on occasion, some give some back, others curl up in a ball and get treated that way their entire lives.

Choice is yours...

jufonuk

not tag worthy
HeadlessRoland said:
Physical prowess really has absolutely nothing to do with why one should stick up for themselves. Everyone gets their ass kicked on occasion, some give some back, others curl up in a ball and get treated that way their entire lives.

Choice is yours...
it's the circle of life..

HeadlessRoland said:

Choice is yours...

Funny since you suggested he run away and hide from his brother which doesn't sound like sticking up for oneself.

HeadlessRoland said:

Choice is yours...
Not everyone in this world is a walking mass of muscle, testosorone, concrete, petrol and Tabasco sauce you know.

HeadlessRoland said:
I would bother to cut/paste the posts my invective was in response to. But that would lend some validity to your sniveling so I will refrain from doing so. Protip: Beyond me calling the OP a pussy I did not start the name calling...
"Sure I called the OP a pussy. But I didn't start this shit bro, knock it off."

Neki

Honestly, it doesn't matter if his brother was younger or older. The fact that they're both adults still means that his brother is performing assault. Just because someone is younger than you doesn't mean they're weaker than you, this is just as bad as when people say women can't harm men.

suzu

Why don't you just try to talk to him like an adult? Tell him to grow up. You guys aren't children anymore. He is aware of how bad those bruises are right? Tell him to take a good look. Shame him. Don't just sit there all quiet and take hits like a battered wife. Ask him if he's going to continue getting so upset that he will end up doing this to his future family too (like your father).

If he tries to beat you up again, you should definitely not stay quiet. At least start yelling random crazy shit at him (it might spook him enough to stop lol).

Last time I ever had an physical fight with my brother was when I was like, 12 years old. It would be fucking ridiculous if we got into a actual fight now that we're older.

*And I'm curious, but what do you guys argue about that he gets angry enough to beat the crap out of you?

Monocle

Ultimoo said:
Honestly, it doesn't matter if his brother was younger or older. The fact that they're both adults still means that his brother is performing assault. Just because someone is younger than you doesn't mean they're weaker than you, this is just as bad as when people say women can't harm men.
It's odd how many people I've talked to don't get this point. They seize on the one thing that can tell them the least about the situation: who's older? Unless you're dealing with a huge age difference, or one of the people is really young or old, what does it matter? I've known teenage girls who could destroy men twice their age.

Satchwar said:
HeadlessRoland's posts read like they come straight out of Dr. Doom's journal.
Confessions of a Teenage Sith Lord.

suzu said:
Why don't you just try to talk to him like an adult? Tell him to grow up. You guys aren't children anymore. He is aware of how bad those bruises are right? Tell him to take a good look. Shame him. Don't just sit there all quiet and take hits like a battered wife. Ask him if he's going to continue getting so upset that he will end up doing this to his future family too (like your father).

If he tries to beat you up again, you should definitely not stay quiet. At least start yelling random crazy shit at him (it might spook him enough to stop lol).

Good advice. Especially the part about showing him the bruises and asking him to look at what he's done, and whether he's going to beat his future wife or his kids.

I would get him where he sleeps. If you absolutely have to fight back, be ruthless and unpredictable, go for the throat, try to put your thumbs in his eyesockets, bite, yank at his hair, throw punches at soft targets - the throat, the stomach, the groin - pick up something heavy or sharp as a weapon -- or don't attack directly. Bide your time and hit him hard when he's not expecting it. There's nothing dishonourable about fighting dirty against a bully. Even 'big' men can be intimidated or put off by what they see as insane people who can be a genuine threat to their safety.

Don't even bother if you're not going to hurt him or be genuinely scary though. And be aware that violence often begets violence. Maybe you should just acknowledge he's being a grade A cunt and shop him to the police. A blood bond is as nothing anyway if this kind of shit is going on. Disown him.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Black-Wind said:
This.

BUT FIRST, try to go full on with him face-to-face. Tell him you're not gonna take this shit anymore and that the gloves are OFF. If he tries to pull something you FIGHT LIKE YOUR LIFE was on the line! REAL FIGHT! Fuck up the house if you have to!

Walk around shirt less if you're too ashamed to tell your parent up front. So when they ask "WTH happened to you?!?" you can say " ... Lil bro got anger problems. Yeah ... you should talk to him because I'm NOT gonna let him get away with this again".

If he STILL hits you you now know that you can't take him on face-to-face then GO SNEAKY BASTARD MODE!

Piss in his drinks (I know that that shit will make you feel better on the inside ... trust me). SUCKER PUNCH THE FUCK out of him when he is sleeping. When you see him ... alone ... sneak up behind him and KICK HIM IN THE BALLS! Grow your nails so that if he gets you down and gets on top of you you can BITE AND CLAW THE FUCK OUT OF HIM!

If you REALLY care about him then its your damn job as his OLDER BROTHER to get it through his head that he can't just beat up on people that are smaller than him.
I'm sure that sucker punching a body builder with anger problems would end well. No chance of being beaten into a coma there.

Simplet

radioheadrule83 said:
Good advice. Especially the part about showing him the bruises and asking him to look at what he's done, and whether he's going to beat his future wife or his kids.

I would get him where he sleeps. If you absolutely have to fight back, be ruthless and unpredictable, go for the throat, try to put your thumbs in his eyesockets, bite, yank at his hair, throw punches at soft targets - the throat, the stomach, the groin - pick up something heavy or sharp as a weapon -- or don't attack directly. Bide your time and hit him hard when he's not expecting it. There's nothing dishonourable about fighting dirty against a bully. Even 'big' men can be intimidated or put off by what they see as insane people who can be a genuine threat to their safety.

Don't even bother if you're not going to hurt him or be genuinely scary though. And be aware that violence often begets violence. Maybe you should just acknowledge he's being a grade A cunt and shop him to the police. A blood bond is as nothing anyway if this kind of shit is going on. Disown him.

Bolded the parts that make you look like a psychopath

NEO0MJ

DeaconKnowledge said:
Once you reach him, hit him with the hardest running drop kick you can muster. Exclaim something noteworthy, like "fear me".

Problem solved.

So the OP has to become Noob :p?

KaotikMind said:
Wow you're a pussy, grow some fucking balls and fight the fuck back.

Aside from the OP not wanting to fight back, they live together for now and frankly I think fighting back will make the situation worse. Say he manages to revenge beat him, what then? From what I read his bro doesn't seem reasonable and whatever beating he did before he'll make ten times worse.

You should deal with him decisively, find his biggest weakness and exploit it. Break that shithead down. Reduce him to nothing more than a whimpering crybaby.

alekth

Seriously... if we were talking about someone 5'6" with years of training in some martial art, that's one thing. But just starting to work out and learn to fight and hope to overcome a buff 6'? Is this the arcade stick advice thread?

Raguel said:
Smartest thing to do is talk to him. Tell him if he does this again, you'll tell your parents and call the cops. Tell him that this isn't what a family does to each other. Tell him you're not afraid of him (even though you might be). Be calm. Steady voice. Look him in the eyes and don't let it falter because if you do, he'll call your bluff. Tell him that it's not a threat. And that you can only be pushed so much before you take action. Make an agreement to ignore each other from now on. When he leaves, cut him off completely. Then you should start to learn self defense. Get in shape. Get big so that he'll think twice about messing with you again. And when he does, destroy him.

I don't know how this response got so overlooked.

Hiring a person to kick his ass could also be an option so long as he doesn't know he's a paid bodyguard.

NEO0MJ said:
Aside from the OP not wanting to fight back, they live together for now and frankly I think fighting back will make the situation worse. Say he manages to revenge beat him, what then? From what I read his bro doesn't seem reasonable and whatever beating he did before he'll make ten times worse.

And calling the police will make the situation worse, so is telling a parent. Fighting back is the only real way whether you like it or not.

Baseball bats, golf clubs, these are your new friends. If he tries anything, go and get one that you have stashed nearby, and beat the shit out of him with it.

Edit - I mean put him in hospital, that way he will think twice before starting anything. Also get it on video, at least the part where he becomes aggressive towards you.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
KaotikMind said:
And calling the police will make the situation worse, so is telling a parent. Fighting back is the only real way whether you like it or not.
are you headlessroland's replacement?

there are many ways out of this, we aint in the dark ages might is not always right, everyone deserves to go about there lives without fear of violence..shit has to stop regardless of who is doing it..if the source can be identified (sound like abusive father) and dealt with therapy, intervention) then maybe they can still have the brotherly bond in the future..
hell it may be a bit hippy dippy for some..if it works then great if not sooner or later cops have to be called or OP may end up in hospital from the sounds of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom