• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Trixie because of her design and mannerisms. I don't think she's a complete 'villain' or 'victim', but I think of her as more of the former because it fits her character so well. Being sympathetic doesn't really play into why I enjoy her character.

JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK SHE IS!?

This topic is lacks Discord.

naughty_cupid_by_mitse_the_otocyon-d4pjh0w.png

mlp___celestia_and_discord_sculpture_by_miki_-d4osx2m.jpg

discord_being_discord_by_mickeymonster-d4neld1.png

Yeah, I've been doing most of my posts in PonyGAF and SonicGAF in an attempt to evade the dreaded Junior perma - although I've posted outside of them in a few instances, trying to stay as positive as possible. Not especially hard to do, though, since I mostly lurk NeoGAF anyway. I mean, in most cases, somebody else has already said what I'm thinking, so I don't really need to stick my neck out...

Also 2th got banned again.

Sciz

I have to disagree on why she stayed. She ran when her mobile home was wrecked, and Snips and Snails followed. She seems to be faster than the Ursa, so she got some distance and then turned around to observe. Her mannerisms at this point are different. I think she dropped the act. She gave fighting a try because Snips and Snails were prodding her to do it, but when they started telling other ponies to relax because Trixie was going to win, she set the record straight.
I'd place fighting because she was being prodded into it on the same level as the old "would you jump off a bridge" adage, personally. Plausible but dumb.

Maybe she stayed because she bought into her own hype, maybe because she thought there was a chance the ursa wasn't actually as powerful as it appeared, and perhaps because of some combination of heroism and ego leading her to believe she was the only one who stood a chance. In any case, she didn't admit that the story was bogus until after she gave it a shot, and went back to belittling everyone else when given half a chance despite being in mortal peril minutes prior. She's incorrigibly egotistical.

Pony economics are unclear at best. Maybe the government pays artists.
Maybe. Maybe she's filthy rich (or secretly funded by Filthy Rich). We're out in completely speculative territory, though, and it's not a terribly important point.

I don't believe the real-world-importance thing is a concern. Tons of performers have grandiose claims that could have real-world applications, and it's never an issue. The ones who believed Trixie's fiction and started cheerleading were children, and the ones who actively disbelieved were taking shots at it because they wanted to find fault with Trixie.

The only one who voices disbelief is Spike, who has first-hand experience with fairly high-grade magic and knows what it looks like. Everyone else just wants her to shut up.

But why were they against her, and did they do anything wrong?

Yes, and that's the big problem with the episode. Three of the main cast members are busy being uncharacteristically vicious (whatever happened to "We here at Sweet Apple Acres sure do like makin' new friends," AJ), and Twilight's ego is completely missing in action as a result. I'm a little more forgiving of Spike given that Twilight is basically his entire life, but he's still busy being a mouthpiece ("You'll be using your magic to stand up for your friends!") for the part of the moral that doesn't even make any sense.

And Trixie is still more obnoxious than anyone else in the episode between the unmitigated arrogance and the steady stream of insults she flings back in return. There's no moral high ground on either side here.

It reaches the same basic conclusion as Mare Do Well from the opposite direction, and both episodes share the problem that the conflict can only exist so long as the entire cast is out of character. Messy writing all around. Speaking of,

I can't do Gilda. She went too far when she scared the elderly and stole apples and made Fluttershy cry [...] Gilda's just bad.

She is, the episode just irks me because it's another one with some sloppy writing and no moral winners.

I just finished watching the new episode and I don't remember laughing so hard at a show in a while. The only problem I see is that the CMC could never hold down a spin off. And Sweetie Belle is new best CMC now.

In other news, OH MY LORD LOOK AT THE PLOT ON THAT ONE!!!!

Theonik

CHEEZMO™;35108281 said:
I've been saying Equestria is Planet of The Ponies for months.
It is only rational. Celestia doesn't want ponies knowing this of course and is withholding all evidence from the public.

kunonabi

Saw episode 8 this morning, the slumber party one. It was ok I guess. Nothing really to laugh at or anything adorable. The pillow fight was pretty cool. I'm hoping for a better episode 9.

I thought Rarity squeezing underneath the covers was super adorable.

So, as you might've been aware, MAD had a My Little Pony parody not 7 minutes ago ("My Little War Horse").

...man, that was weird.
Didn't see the Tintin crossover coming.

Also, Tara Strong does a cute Rainbow Dash. Even if it just sounds like Timmy Turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom