• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adelor Lyon

Neo Member
Pankaks said:
Yea....joining Pony-GAF is ambiguous enough to escape notice. But liking My Little Pony? Sorry, I just can't do it.
Once you "Like" something, you can go to your personal wall and delete the shout-out before anyone takes notice of it. You'll still "Like" the thing but it won't be advertised. It's what I did.

brian577

Banned
Adelor Lyon said:
Once you "Like" something, you can go to your personal wall and delete the shout-out before anyone takes notice of it. You'll still "Like" the thing but it won't be advertised. It's what I did.

Still can be found under "Info" though. But I'm going to take my chances.

Chuck

Still without luck
Ultimoo said:
I don't like the intro much either. I hope they get an awesome remix for Season 2.
Agreed. I especially don't like that they had to put that old stupid "My Little Pony, My Little Pony..." line in it.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I don't particularly like any intro. When watching MLP/Game of Thrones/The Wire I pride myself on correctly skipping to the exact end of the intro.

McNum

I like the intro, I'm a sucker for catchy songs.

My Little Pony, My Little Pony.

My Little Pony! (Ahhh)
I used to wonder what friendship could be.
My Little Pony! (Ahhh)
Until you all shared its magic with me!

Big adventures!
Tons of fun!
A beautiful heart.
Faithful and strong.
Sharing kindness...
is an easy feat!
And Magic makes it all complete!

You have My Little Ponies! (Ahhh)
Did you know you are my very best frieeends?

I may or may not have caught myself singing it when alone. I kind of like that it starts out with that very recognizable commercial jingle. You just get to have that, "Oh no, a My Little Pony commercial" reaction before Rainbow Dash splits the clouds and the real theme song kicks in.

Now for a laugh, do a dramatic reading of the lyrics.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Here's a little something for PonyGAF's most tsundere member.

SlSgD.jpg

Neki

64 Bomberman? That's kicking it old school. I loved that game, even though it played weirdly, and Bomberman's aren't supposed to have a story! I only remember Sirius and Bomberman sadly, I had to read the wiki to remember. :p

Void Insanity said:
That just looks wrong as a pony. Pony In armour > Pony that has armour for a head.
I was about to post that picture as well, but I can't deny you make a damn good point here.
...And now I'm thinking about how amazing it would be to see some ponies drawn in Amano's art style.

McNum

AceBandage said:
Are you there?
I can see you.
I'm not sure which one would be most disturbing. The Pinkie Pie one or the Fluttershy one?

Pinkie is Pinkie, so it'll spout nonsense at you. Fluttershy, on the other hand, will be kind and apologetic. And the last thing you hear after it riddles you with bullets? "Hush now, quiet now..."

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
It's a copy of the restraining order. Who else in Equistria would have the books smarts to draft one to deal with eminent Panda stalkings?

PBalfredo

Since the new topic is up, now's a good time to de-lurk and join pony-GAF. I've been lurking in the previous thread and watched the last few synchtubes. But I've had ponies on the brain long enough to embrace the madness.

1: Rainbow Dash
2: Rarity
3: Pinkie Pie
4: Twilight
5: Applejack
6: Fluttershy

UberTag

Technically, Fluttershy would want to be at the bottom of people's lists so she can continue to lurk in the background without being disturbed by ravenous brony attention.

Now, of course, circumstances change if PBalfredo is not a brony but actually a cute little fluffy animal. Ignoring her in that scenario will lead to RAGE.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PBalfredo said:
Since the new topic is up, now's a good time to de-lurk and join pony-GAF. I've been lurking in the previous thread and watched the last few synchtubes. But I've had ponies on the brain long enough to embrace the madness.

1: Rainbow Dash
2: Rarity
3: Pinkie Pie
4: Twilight
5: Applejack
6: Fluttershy
babBH.jpg

PBalfredo

ChuckNoLuck said:
No. Just, no. D=<
Nah, Rarity's cool. Of all the ponies, she's the one who sticks up for her friends the most, even at a cost to herself. See Green Isn't Your Color and Suited For Success. Considering that most people probably first thought of her as "the Libby" (WARNING: TVtropes!), she not only subverts expectations, she subverts them hard.

The only reason she isn't the best pony is that in episodes that don't focus on her, she's just kinda there. Compared to Dash who often steals the scene.

(fluttershy stare)

To me, moe is just the bartender from The Simpsons

130775978959.png

Calpain

Ultimoo said:
I don't like the intro much either. I hope they get an awesome remix for Season 2.
I thought I remember Ingram mentioning something about doing a remastered version of the theme song somewhere on his Facebook in response to a question from a fan. I'll try and dig it up if I can.

As for the song itself, it never really bothered me. Maybe the first time I heard it, but I actually like it now.

Edit: Here is the quote

Chuck

Still without luck
PBalfredo said:
Nah, Rarity's cool. Of all the ponies, she's the one who sticks up for her friends the most...
No effing way!

In Sonic Rainboom, all Rainbow Dash wanted was to impress the Wonderbolts at the Young Flier's Competition and she only needed Fluttershy or her other friends to help cheer her on because she was so nervous. Then, Rarity gets those wings (that look ugly as hell, by the way) and being the attention starved little [expletive deleted] she is, she gets Dash so nervous and worried at the thought of preforming that she literally is sharking in a corner.

They all look out for each other all of the time, EXCEPT for Rarity.

The only reason that they ended up going to the competition was because Rarity noticed how nervous Rainbow Dash was. It was her idea to provide extra support.

Chuck

Still without luck
Captain Fish said:
The only reason that they ended up going to the competition was because Rarity noticed how nervous Rainbow Dash was. It was her idea to provide extra support.
Hmmmmm, I WONDER WHY SHE BROUGHT IT UP TO BEGIN WITH....

Conniving [expletive deleted].

ChuckNoLuck said:

Are you trying to suggest that Rarity instigated the whole trip so that she'd be able to compete and win the competition? Because that is some high level conspiracy I could get behind.

Rarity isn't great at evil plans though.
hhsWU.gif

Calpain

ChuckNoLuck said:

To be fair, Dash was pretty rude to Fluttershy in Dragon Shy I thought and not very supportive of her. Plus Twi wasn't very considerate towards Spike in Owl's Well That Ends Well. All the ponies have been unsupportive at one time or another or have rubbed each other the wrong way which does a lot to flesh out their character.

Calpain said:
To be fair, Dash was pretty rude to Fluttershy in Dragon Shy I thought and not very supportive of her. Plus Twi wasn't very considerate towards Spike in Owl's Well That Ends Well. All the ponies have been unsupportive at one time or another or have rubbed each other the wrong way which does a lot to flesh out their character.

Yup, perfect characters are way too boring. I like the way the character's personalities are handled in the show. I wouldn't say they are these deep, complicated characters but they are NOT just simple character archetypes either.

Nishastra

Banned
Captain Fish said:
Rarity isn't great at evil plans though.
hhsWUl.gif
I really liked how the ONLY change she made to the costumes when she got her cutie mark was sticking gems on them :p

I guess ponies like sparkly things a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom