• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
AdawgDaFAB said:
Yet Pandapony is one. No wonder Belle shuns all his advances! DUN DUN DUNNNN!
you know that movie 'guess whose coming to dinner'? its like that, but with ponies.
and restraining orders.
and one cease and desist letter from columbia pictures.

Orcastar

OMG Aero said:
At the risk of reopening a can of worms that some people would prefer to keep shut, I'd like to talk a bit about some fanfic I was reading recently.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm no writer and I don't make a habit of reading fan fiction, but after seeing it constantly updated on Equestria Daily and seeing the sheer number of comments and spin offs it resulted in, I thought I'd take a look at Fallout Equestria. It also helps that the recent Steam sales got me back into the Fallout series.
As you can guess, it's a pony version of Fallout which takes place in an alternate timeline where the world Equestria has been turned into a wasteland after a nuclear magical war. The actual fanfic seems heavily inspired by Fallout 3 (Someone leaves the vault stable and the main character leaves to find them) but that's only the framing for the story and it goes into original territory once the character gets into the wasteland. The comments also say parts of it are inspired by Fallout 2 but I haven't played that one yet.
Instead of being a repeat of the game storylines with the characters all replaced by pony versions of themselves, the characters are original and pretty well realised and the story is engaging and filled with enough twists and turns to keep me reading chapter after chapter. When I first got hooked by it I wasn't sure whether to marathon all the chapters or pace myself so I wasn't left waiting ages for the next one, just like when I first started watching Friendship is Magic.
I'm quite a big Fallout fan (Fallout 1 would definitely be on my 10 best games ever list) and I've been thinking of giving Fallout: Equestria a go for a while, but just haven't gotten round to it yet. It certainly seems to be getting a lot of praise everywhere.

I've actually never read any fanfics of anything before, but I have checked out a few of the pony ones. One I really liked was Ponies Play D&D, which is basically just what it says on the tin: turns out Twilight and Spike were quite the D&D players back in Canterlot and have now gotten the rest of the mane 6 and the CMC to play too. I've never played proper pen and paper D&D myself, but I still got more than a few chuckles from it; the author has really nailed each characters' personality and what sort of character they would play in an RPG. It's not a very long series either, so no big time investment needed. I'm sure it won't be to everyone's taste, but I enjoyed it at least.

EDIT: Linky!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Orcastar said:
I've actually never read any fanfics of anything before, but I have checked out a few of the pony ones. One I really liked was Ponies Play D&D

Got a link to this?

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

I personally only read a Dr.Who cross over and one the more serious stories that someone posted in the last thread. They were both pretty good.

CHEEZMO™ said:
It's not as if he likes ponies or anything. You guys...

I mean honestly...

Never forget!
(Clicky)

Pankaks said:
Got a link to this?

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

I personally only read a Dr.Who cross over and one the more serious stories that someone posted in the last thread. They were both pretty good.

Can you link it please for those
, like myself,
who are too lazy to find it themselves.

Edit: Thanks Orca.

G-Fex

CHEEZMO™ said:
It's not as if he likes ponies or anything. You guys...

I mean honestly...

I love ponies so much that I want them to not breathe or live anymore, I think they'll be happier not being able to exist or move or live.

Pandaman, the ironing is delicious, I can taste the seliliquis from your posts.

Ellis Kim

Banned
G-Fex said:
I love ponies so much that I want them to not breathe or live anymore, I think they'll be happier not being able to exist or move or live.

Pandaman, the ironing is delicious, I can taste the seliliquis from your posts.
Iron-Man-Ironing-GIF.gif

Adelor Lyon

Neo Member
G-Fex said:
See, they don't breathe or live. They're fictional, just like YuGiOh characters. Wish granted.

Jenga said:
another good joke ruined

Wow, you've really lost you touch Jenga, it's like you're not even trying anymore. You're just going through the motions. I mean did you just C+P your last post?

I expected more from our resident troll. Get your act together mister!

Neki

This thread is so much less interesting when Jenga/G-fex are off their game, and without Void Insanity crazying it up. :(

Orcastar

Owlowiscious said:
7 parts. part 1 10 pages long. this is "not a very long series" to you?

Like I said, I haven't read any fanfics before, so I don't really know what I'm supposed to compare it to. It's certainly not long compared to Fallout: Equestria or the stuff I usually read (Pratchett, Gaiman, though mostly Alastair Reynolds lately).

G-Fex

I'll tell you what, I'll make you a deal.

There's reports of ponies leaving traces of frequent numbers in shortwave transmissions, if I can get these deciphered all I can have the case I need to build.

Get me that and the deed is yours, no fuss no muss. the farm will be saved.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
G-Fex said:
I'll tell you what, I'll make you a deal.

There's reports of ponies leaving traces of frequent numbers in shortwave transmissions, if I can get these deciphered all I can have the case I need to build.

Get me that and the deed is yours, no fuss no muss. the farm will be saved.
Stop lurking the Unsolved Events thread.

Orcastar said:
Like I said, I haven't read any fanfics before, so I don't really know what I'm supposed to compare it to. It's certainly not long compared to Fallout: Equestria or the stuff I usually read (Pratchett, Gaiman, though mostly Alastair Reynolds lately).
your twilight avatar is appropriate

G-Fex

CHEEZMO™ said:
Stop lurking the Unsolved Events thread.

I need you to listen to me Cheezmo, I don't have much time. There's things that have to bee done.

WHERE IS THE VIDEO OF SUICIDE PINKIE, IT CANNOT REACH THE PUBLIC!

2th

Banned
OK this thread has gone in a direction that is not amusing. In order to correct this i will now post pictures of the most awesome pony

Rainbow-Dash-Best-Young-Flyer.png

tumblr_lgagpzzX8B1qgex26o1_500.png

fSmVh.jpg

521027.jpg

rainbow_dash_by_takua770-d3fy3b7.png

tumblr_lkjr47NBOg1qj5x6fo1_500.png

rainbow_dash_wallpaper_by_shelmo69-d3j80sz.png

5475_lick_rainbow_dash_screen_wallpaper_display.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Owlowiscious said:
I bet g-fex isn't even a yugioh fan. or hasn't spent $1000+ on cards.

G-Fex is a fan of the Abridged series. If you know enough about the Abridged series, that tells you pretty much everything you need to know. The guy who makes them is basically a Yu-Gi-Oh fan that hates everything about Yu-Gi-Oh.

Narag

2th said:
you know i do not really love that image. Dash is already the best pony as just a pegasus. i dont think she needs to be a pegicorn princess in order to stay at that high level of awesomeness.

It's just a fiction spread by Dash worshipers. We both know Princess Applebloom would never let such an abomination come to pass.

OMG Aero said:
At the risk of reopening a can of worms that some people would prefer to keep shut, I'd like to talk a bit about some fanfic I was reading recently.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm no writer and I don't make a habit of reading fan fiction, but after seeing it constantly updated on Equestria Daily and seeing the sheer number of comments and spin offs it resulted in, I thought I'd take a look at Fallout Equestria. It also helps that the recent Steam sales got me back into the Fallout series.
I mentioned this one before actually and didn't get much of a response, but yeah, while I don't read Fan-fiction myself, this one has been great read, especially as a big Fallout fan(not including 3...). Just read the latest chapter this morning, so I'm stuck waiting for the next(I strongly suggest pacing yourself btw, I actually kinda regret reading 2 a day when I was still catching up), but fortunately the guy usually only takes a few days to release the next chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom