• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Resident Evil and Silent Hill tribute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw around your ideas for what you want in the next respective game.

Do you want third, first or fixed camera angles? I want one scary cat, one scary demon, and one scary clown.

Here are my ideas for future horror stories. Imagine Clancy bought an iPhone and walked into a house. The rest just follows after that. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

:messenger_face_screaming:

Geki-D

Banned
Blatant self promotion is blatant. Mods have already told you in the past to cut that shit out.

Also this is just terrible.

Last edited:
I can understand like legitimately 1 out of every 10 words

My mate kept using Scottish slang. Ken = know. Nae = no. Lassie = girl, or woman.

I think The Evil Within somewhat ripped off Resident Evil. It is the section with Ruvik chasing you around a mansion. But I did not mind that it copied Silent Hill either. I think that series is underrated, and Shinji Mikami should be invited back to Capcom. I think the RE games have boring areas these days, and don't hold a candle to the old ones. Every place is just rusty or dark, with no major details. The Last of Us is half a horror game, but mostly an adventure game, and has better graphics than the RE2 remake, despite initially coming out in 2013. I only played the HD release, which is amazing, by the way.

Fingers crossed people behave in the replies. Meh.

Blatant self promotion is blatant. Mods have already told you in the past to cut that shit out.

Also this is just terrible.

If you make a comparison, it is okay.

That video actually brings up a good point. RE now also has elements of found footage horror films. So for future games, I don't mind that making a return. That you actually play the person and cannot survive is a bit shit, though. That's not very fair.

It's not dumb at all. If RE (1) had been set in 2019 as opposed to 1998, I think we would have had a lot of found footage stuff. We kind of do with Joseph Frost, although I think that scene gives you the illusion it is going on as it happens. You do however, find a tape by Kenneth, the first guy you find being chowed upon.

So RE has 4 forms now. First, fixed, third and found footage, that could be first person, or another view that overlaps with the other sub-genres.

I think the idea that you find tapes or lost cameras is more interesting than just reading notes. I want that in future games.

I still am quite unsure about the RE Engine. I hope they don't mess up the look of any more long time characters.

Geki-D

Banned
I didn't say it was dumb, I said it was bad. If it was a found footage RE fan film, sure. If it was a found footage film largely inspired by RE, sure. But this is just 2 guys talking at each other who couldn't act to save their lives.

The mental gymnastics you're doing to try and validate you posting this on a games forum and justify this obvious self promotion is hilarious, though.

No. It's just bad. Bad acting, bad editing, bad pacing. This is something I'd expect to see from 8 year olds who got their hands on dad's camcorder in 1993. Not grown men in 2019.

Yeah. My mate said he wanted to buy a better camera, so we both appear in the shots. However, as I pointed out, this was a tribute to both RE and SH, in a 'found footage' format, which is why it is looking like my hand is purposefully shaking about and is kind of blurry. I think it is also like the Paranormal Activity franchise too, which in turn was influenced by the Blair Witch Project movies.

Also, in any Silent Hill game, you get that fuzziness and alarm like noise. Valtiel is also the monster that drags Heather away if she gets killed. The name sounded cool. I used it for the main enemy in my series, but I did think of calling him simply Devil. I think Capcom should definitely watch more fan made stuff, and that way, they will learn what horror aspects work.

I mean, they can outsource games. So long as they have all the right tools and that input, and Capcom lets them in the indie teams, have some creative control as well. It is also named after Dulvey in 7 and a town in SH4.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Of the 3 things I said were bad, camera quality wasn't one of them. The reason it's bad is you guys. Not the equipment. But I guess a bad workman always blames his tools.

I'm the guy with the blue shirt and glasses, after he says, "You effing bitch" and I'm poking fun at someone.

This guy, here.

I thought it was funny. :messenger_grinning:

Geki-D

Banned
Poking fun at some guy who called out a scumbag copyright claim abuser? Okay... Pretty irrelevant to everything else but whatever.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Nah, you self promoted your video and posted some inane RE comments to hide the fact. No one is fooled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom