• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My sternum hurts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
It's not from exercise or anything like that. I'm positive of that because I haven't done anything in days and it's only acted up just now.

My chest feels really tight. Each breath sends sharp pains from my sternum.

What the fuck?

again as has been discussed b4 i am still puzzled why people ask gaf for medical advise GO SEE A DOCTOR

or alternatively run into a wall Sternum first over and over till the pain goes away

Socreges

Banned
Right, ok. Care to suggest any doctors awake at 2:45 am?

GAF is not full of retards. They are plenty, but not all. Some people may be educated in such things and others may have experienced it themselves.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Do you have allergies? Your symtoms sound somewhat like some I was having a few weeks ago that were brought on by allergies.

Socreges

Banned
I've been studying and writing papers all weekend, while watching television and posting on GAF in between. But I don't think even a complete lack of exercise would cause something like this.

Mino, I have asthma. And my allergies HAVE acted up in the past week, although they're not so bad right now. I guess chest pains is a phase?

Ill Saint

You under a lot of stress or have anxieties? Allergy symptoms can worsen or you may get new symptoms due to these pressures...

May not be likely, but it's possible (happens to me occasionally). Of course if it persists go see your Doc.

El Papa

I've had pain on the left side of my rib cage for more than two weeks now. I'm pretty sure that I did something to my serratus antirior, the muscles that come from under the lats and connect to your external obliques, they help hold your rib cage together. Don't do anything that will tax your chest area muscles for a few days and if it feels better, then your know you probablytweaked a muscle. If not, go see a doctor. Mine is been hurting so long because I keep aggravating it with exercise.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I get that every once in awhile, I think it's a pinched nerve because I just exhale as much as I can and twist my back around and that fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom