• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Myst 25th Anniversary : "all 7 games and more" kickstarter

llien

TL;DR
  • 7 games: Myst 1-5, Uru, RealMyst
  • Windows 10 compatibility
  • Some goodies
  • Starts at 49$
  • does NOT include Obduction

The Myst 25th Anniversary Collection
To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the epic game that became your world, Cyan is offering a never-been-done-before, historical anthology of the complete series, along with some special, Atrus-approved, authentic game artifacts! The collection and artifacts will be packaged in a unique box - available only through this Kickstarter, with a limited run, for a limited time. (Seriously, the games will be available later, but the special packaging and artifacts will not be sold again!)

QXOvTZi.png

The Linking Book
The core of the collector’s edition will be a Myst Linking Book. The Bookmaker tier book will have a die-cut “window” through which you can see the art on the game DVD sleeves. At the Maintainer tier and above, the book will include an active 800 x 480 digital screen with video fly-throughs from the games.

D7yPEJT.png

• Dimensions: 7in x 9in x 2.5in (18cm x 25 cm x 6 cm)
  • Window cutout: 5in x 2.75in (12cm x 7cm)
  • Materials: 1200g grey board & art paper, with Matte Finish
  • Embossed & gold foil on Logo & edges of leather art treatments
  • Weight: 2.71 pounds (1.23kg)
  • 1:1 exact scale replica
  • 800 x 480 IPS high resolution LCD screen (Maintainer tier)
  • Speaker (Maintainer tier)

Gehn’s Pen and Inkwell

The Writer tier and above will feature an authentic replica of Gehn’s Pen and Inkwell, meticulously recreated. And yes, it holds your ink, so it’s a functioning set! (D'ni Writer's Ink or common ink not included.)

Gehn’s Pen:

2CdeQLI.png

• Dimensions: 7in (17.78cm) in length
  • Materials: Wood & Metal Accents
Gehn’s Inkwell:

• Dimensions 5.25in x 3.5in (13.35cm x 8.89cm)
  • Materials: Die Cast Zinc Alloy
  • Deco: Antiqued Brass Plating
  • Weight: 1.75lbs (.8kg)

pzXCeGT.png
XQztbpW.png
eN5nWa1.png
qSAuEPx.png
BmiVdSg.png

kickstarter.com

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I would love to buy the book, but man that is a bit much for my blood at the moment. Loved the MYST games as a kid, though. Hope it gets some new fans through this.

Dubloon7

Banned
i just want to play URU again online with everyone and discover the mysteries like when it was alive back in the day for the 1 month after release. LOVED Myst and Riven and URU but disliked all others. I was about to jump on this KS when it first came about but won't since my laptop can't even play Overcooked

GrayFoxRJ

Banned
I
i just want to play URU again online with everyone and discover the mysteries like when it was alive back in the day for the 1 month after release. LOVED Myst and Riven and URU but disliked all others. I was about to jump on this KS when it first came about but won't since my laptop can't even play Overcooked

I think you can still play uru online

TheMikado

Banned
If there is an Xbox 1 version I’ll buy it for my dad. If there’s a VR version I’d buy a whole Vr rig to play on.

Fond memories of my dad and brother crowded around a CRT monitor in 1993... :(.

Kadayi

Banned
JFC at the collector's edition. That's a serious mark up for a pen and inkwell you're never likely to use more than once out of curiosity. I guess there's someone out there who has the cash to spare and a never-ending desire to venerate their childhood, but damn...

Top Bottom