• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Myst For DS

woxel1

I'm a huge Mystie so listen to what I gots to say. Myst in its original form did not have the Rime age (which Myst DS is advertised as having). That's because Rime was introduced in realMYST, a real-time 3D re-do of Myst. Assuming that Myst DS isn't running the horribly unoptimized realMYST engine, can we assume that the developers have taken stills from realMYST and effectively remade the game? Here's hoping it'll be a decent port -- stylus controls could be a real kick. But will they have you holding the DS like a book? We shall see...

Deku

Banned
woxel1 said:
I'm a huge Mystie so listen to what I gots to say. Myst in its original form did not have the Rime age (which Myst DS is advertised as having). That's because Rime was introduced in realMYST, a real-time 3D re-do of Myst. Assuming that Myst DS isn't running the horribly unoptimized realMYST engine, can we assume that the developers have taken stills from realMYST and effectively remade the game? Here's hoping it'll be a decent port -- stylus controls could be a real kick. But will they have you holding the DS like a book? We shall see...

The features list makes references to new videos and "newly created graphic sets" for RIMEage, so I would assume the game will use pre-rendered stills and they've either re-rendered the game game or as you suggested captured stills from RIME.

Features:
- All source code has been re-written specifically for Nintendo DS performance and gameplay.
- A complete all NEW Age, the RIME AGE, to explore and uncover mysteries on DS
- NEW sounds, effects, and video clips added throughout. All newly created graphic sets for the added RIME AGE specifically done for the DS
- Newly re-mastered Video and audio
- Save Multiple games for various players.

woxel1

Yeah, there's no way to get to Rime
from Myst Island
unless they render new elements into the "game game."

Stumpokapow said:
You think GameSpot cribbled an entire review from a Midway press package?

The other two I can easily see being stock text, although it's exceptionally poor to repeat the exact same things verboten in the same order and not even edit for clarity (IE references to CD-ROM, etc)
verboten: prohibited or forbidden
verbatim: an exact reproduction of a sentence, phrase, quote or other sequence of text from one source into another. The same words appear in exactly the same order, with no paraphrasing, substitution, or abbreviation of any kind, not even any trivial changes that wouldn't have affected the meaning in any way.

:lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
bune duggy said:
verboten: prohibited or forbidden
verbatim: an exact reproduction of a sentence, phrase, quote or other sequence of text from one source into another. The same words appear in exactly the same order, with no paraphrasing, substitution, or abbreviation of any kind, not even any trivial changes that wouldn't have affected the meaning in any way.

:lol

Freudian slip because I spent the day writing criminological analysis papers :(

Top Bottom