• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Rockstar Game Bonaire Banned In Australia.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Australia's been on a bit of a ban frenzy of late, but the latest slapping of the RC sticker might be the most intriguing to date.

Amidst the chaos of a string of refused classifications being handed out to Hotline Miami, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, We Happy Few and the ongoing drama with DayZ, another title was banned through the automated IARC classification process.

What's interesting about this one is that it's from Rockstar Games, with the title simply listed as Bonaire.

I couldn't find any listings for Bonaire or other relevant applications from Rockstar or Take Two on ratings agency boards in South Korea, Europe's PEGI system, or Taiwan's Game Software Rating Information. The application was filed through the IARC process, and apart from the refused classification rating, there's not much else to go on.

The only potential hint might be in the name itself. Bonaire is an island in the Caribbean, a region which has appeared in Red Dead Redemption 2 before. The fifth chapter of the game takes place in Guarma, and while you can't return to Guarma by normal means once you've finished the chapter enterprising players found ways to glitch their way back to the tropical land with a canoe.

So there's some logic behind the Caribbean being the next location for Red Dead Online. I reached out to Rockstar's Australian team for confirmation and clarification, but received no response by the time of publication. The Classification Board also hasn't responded to queries about the title, or supplied reasoning for its ban, but it's understandable they might be a bit delayed today given everything.

Australia's been on a bit of a ban frenzy of late, but the latest slapping of the RC sticker might be the most intriguing to date.

Amidst the chaos of a string of refused classifications being handed out to Hotline Miami, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, We Happy Few and the ongoing drama with DayZ, another title was banned through the automated IARC classification process.

What's interesting about this one is that it's from Rockstar Games, with the title simply listed as Bonaire.

I couldn't find any listings for Bonaire or other relevant applications from Rockstar or Take Two on ratings agency boards in South Korea, Europe's PEGI system, or Taiwan's Game Software Rating Information. The application was filed through the IARC process, and apart from the refused classification rating, there's not much else to go on.

The only potential hint might be in the name itself. Bonaire is an island in the Caribbean, a region which has appeared in Red Dead Redemption 2 before. The fifth chapter of the game takes place in Guarma, and while you can't return to Guarma by normal means once you've finished the chapter enterprising players found ways to glitch their way back to the tropical land with a canoe.

So there's some logic behind the Caribbean being the next location for Red Dead Online. I reached out to Rockstar's Australian team for confirmation and clarification, but received no response by the time of publication. The Classification Board also hasn't responded to queries about the title, or supplied reasoning for its ban, but it's understandable they might be a bit delayed today given everything.

I'd want this to be GTA 6 so much 😢 God, all this waiting for a reveal is killing me, more than ever

whyman

Its the codename for the LA Noire sequel Boston Noire... I have no idea but I’m happy that they are making something that won’t be multiplayer only. Hopefully.

Last edited:

pr0cs

When did Australia's rating boards turn into such prudish cunts?
I feel sorry for gamers to have to suffer with such puritanical rule.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Here I thought my country was bizarre in banning games and then came Australia. No wonder you’re at the edge of the world😜

I can't see Rockstar doing GTA6 before Bully 2

Painful quote, sigh
I feel We'll have to wait to be deep in the ps5 gen to see a sixth chapter
GTA V makes too much money, and R* has no reason to try to milk actual console installed base, when V is so popular
Will wait ps5 and scorpio to sell enough, then will release the next gta
2024 at the earliest
GTA online is a cancer, for us gamers
Much less content for gta v single player, a game void of contents, a discarded dlc who could have featured Young Mailay ( he was at work with Franklin actor) only because of GTAO popularity

Last edited:

Dada55000

They're just automated system bans, the developers need to appeal. Then they manually get checked. Annoying shit, all these games will be approved but.
nah it was aussie granmamma reading the title as King Dom Cum

who wouldn't make that mistake tbh

Tenaciousmo

I'd play a pirate game from rockstar.

Edit: I know this is not where the discussion is going, but what if it was. plunder boats, get the marine on your ass and shit like that. that place would've been great for a pirate hideout.

Last edited:

Falcs

Banned
Our taxes are high.
Everything costs 3times the price.
You need a bank loan to ship something from amazon US.
Everything alive is out to kill you.
Takes 11 hours minimum to travel anywhere.
We invest in obsolete Internet technology and call it modern
EVERYTHING is banned.

Fucking 'stralia, mate!

TwiztidElf

Just FYI, Kingdom Come Deliverance didn't actually get banned in Australia.
There was apparently some weird screw up that labelled it RC incorrectly. Or the RC got immediately overturned or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom