• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[N-Conf] Scribblenauts Unlimited for Wii U announced

Wichu

Jackson, any word on whether (and to what extent) the object editing tools will be in the 3DS version? I really, really hope that scripting system makes it over... it looks like a thing of beauty ;)

Going by what's been said in the E3 conferences, object editing appears to be exclusive to the Wii U/PC versions (it's absent from the feature list on Nintendo's site, and isn't mentioned at all in the trailer). A huge shame, as I'd love me some dinosaurs with lasers for arms in 3D :(

Scanna

actually, if you look closer and with more attention, apart from first party titles, with rayman, zombi u, this game and p-100, wii u's launch line-up starts to seem interesting

2cIrA.png

...I so need this~

WowBaby

I hope there is a pre-order bonus like the rooster hat that came with the first version. And maybe they can launch at NWS in NYC again.

zroid

Banned
I think the 3DS version seems a bit more appealing, on paper anyway. StreetPass is made for this. But, who knows what sort of fancy communication features might be implemented in the Wii U version, so we'll see!

I think the 3DS version seems a bit more appealing, on paper anyway. StreetPass is made for this. But, who knows what sort of fancy communication features might be implemented in the Wii U version, so we'll see!
No object editor in the 3DS version is a dealbreaker for me.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I played Super on the DS and that was enough for me. Once the novelty wears off its not very fun, a bit like LittleBigPlanet.

lazy devs... or one of those puke invoking business decisions.

3DS version not including Object Editor is pretty disappointing, considering that it'll probably sell the most there after PC and Street Pass could enable an amazing sharing experience.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I'm so happy there is multiplayer. I can't wait to control some of my creations! :p

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I wish more people were talking about this game so that I could nerd out to it. Super Scribblenauts was what people thought the original was going to be, but this game appears to be the one people hoped it would be.

Look at this thing

Un6XI.jpg

glorious
Welp, I'm buying that game.

Yeah this sounds pretty awesome:

- Upload your object to an online server and share it with friends
- There will be Miiverse integration and multiple search filters to help find and share the type of objects you’re interested in
Nice!

- Max and NPCs can be equipped with with different outfits including a hot dog suit, frog suit. hamburger suit, tanuki suit that lets you fly
Always a favourite.

- Can make a female Abraham Lincoln or female grandpa
YEAH! ... I ... ugh ... wat?

Yagharek

Ahhh fuck it. I feel obliged to get this now based on its absurd sense of humour.

Time for tyrannosaurs wearing bow ties in high definition

tnaden

All of that new info sounds.. really good!

Hopefully this game will keep my attention longer then the first one did.

Ahhh fuck it. I feel obliged to get this now based on its absurd sense of humour.
Yep.

RagnarokX

New thread...?

Scribblenauts was a fun little game, but it was really short and easy (pterosaur) and could have used better online stuff. This miiverse integration and new world style sounds interesting.

Unlimited won't be just a more-of-the-same, which is nice.
They did change the main structure of the game (one objective for each level) creating bigger worlds like areas in a RPG with NPCs that give you quests to solve, along with other missions in the area itself... That's pretty cool.

FillerB

Tons of new infos here: http://nintendoeverything.com/97181/lots-of-scribblenauts-unlimited-details/

Add another 4 player game to Wii U's library: Scribblenauts will support 3 wiimotes on top of the GamePad.

Holy crap at those story details.
- Maxwell has a twin sister named Lily and 40 brothers
- Maxwell’s parents are Edgar and Julie
- Both were explorers before settling down and having kids
- Each child was given a special magical gift they acquired on their travels
- Lily received a globe that let her instantly visit anywhere in the world
- Max was given a notebook that allowed him to create anything simply by writing it
- Having these powers made the children a bit spoiled
- Max one day decided to play a trick on a hungry beggar by conjuring and feeding him a rotten apple
- After eating the apple, the beggar revealed that he had magical powers
- He retaliated by putting a curse on Lily that caused her to start turning to stone
- Starites are the only things that can prevent the curse from overtaking Lily completely

vareon

- Max was given a notebook that allowed him to create anything simply by writing it
- Max one day decided to play a trick on a hungry beggar by conjuring and feeding him a rotten apple
- He retaliated by putting a curse on Lily that caused her to start turning to stone
- Starites are the only things that can prevent the curse from overtaking Lily completely

lol Maxwell you little devil.

They really seem intent on turning this into a long running franchise.

I approve.

GameE

I dont know how I missed this but I finally read the info
Sounds damn awesome!!
Id make a thread but too lazy right now. :p

hatchx

Banned
Fantastic box art.

I played this at Fan Expo. Pleasantly surprised. The first one was a lot of fun but the tap controls were hard to work with, so I'll most likely pick this up this year.

Blizzard

Banned
That box art is awesome. And it even has the dinosaur I use for an avatar still, chasing after its modern wheeled robotic equivalent. :D

Top Bottom