• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N.E.S. Lego set August 1, 2020 - $229.99 (U.S.)

Andodalf

Banned
Not sure.

I don't know if they even sell giant boxes of basic bricks anymore. I'm assuming they do like all of us had as a kid..... that giant box of basic blocks in red, white, blue and some yellow pieces. And some weird shapes like mini triangular rooftop kind of shapes (these v-shaped kind of bricks).

Toy companies realized decades ago getting people to make stuff from scratch with bricks is boring as fuck. So you make sets so people don't really have to use their head, but just copy what's on the box.

Yeah they absolutely do sell just general brick boxes.

Also, lol.

How is this even Lego anymore. Back in my day they were similar blocks you could make things out of.

The entire thing is made of lego? It’s probably got a mostly brick interior just with plate pieces on the outside to hide the top studs

waylo

Banned
I miss the LEGO that was just a giant bucket of random bricks and you used your creativity to build whatever you wanted. That was LEGO to me as a child. These are just models at this point. Ridiculously expensive models.

I don't know, the appeal is just lost when it's literally just following instructions.

radewagon

There's this part in the video on the product page....

Towards the end, he pushes down on the cart and a mechanism moves it up so that he can remove the cartridge.....

I audibly gasped.

This will be mine. . . probably.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Last edited:
I miss the LEGO that was just a giant bucket of random bricks and you used your creativity to build whatever you wanted. That was LEGO to me as a child. These are just models at this point. Ridiculously expensive models.

I don't know, the appeal is just lost when it's literally just following instructions.
Nah man thats still there. The sets are not eternal to a child. As a parent, i see its exactly the same way as it was when i was a child.
The more stuff changes, the more it stays the same.

Top Bottom