• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N64 and PS1 emulation

tnw

Banned
I'm having trouble finding an emulator for N64 and PS1 that will work on Mac OSX. SNES is no problem, but I want to play some of my games that are in the states on my computer here in Japan.

Help please.

Look for ePSXe, which lets you play PSX games off of the disc.

Unfortunatley you need to find the BIOS to use the emulator. You're on your own for that. Since ePSXe doesnt normally come with the BIOS, I'm not in trouble.

On the other hand, Project 64 is your best bet for Nintendo 64 gaming. No BIOS required to use it, and it also comes with plug-ins which makes it much easier to set up than ePSXe (Which is probably the best of its kind)

So, yeah. Project 64 and ePSXe. I'd link them, but that would take the effort out of your hands.

Kudos to GAF members who think talk of emulation or emulators is a no-no.

Next time though, you ought to look in places that are more willing to help you with the situation. Google is a good start.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Tain said:
So does emulation equal piracy, or what?
In theory, no. In practice, almost always.

(Where, for the sake of discussion, I'll assume you actually mean "copyright violation". Piracy is a loaded term and we've already got a perfectly fine word for what you mean.)

Hope I'm not violating any tabu by saying that.

Tain

In practice, almost always.

Yeah, no doubt. But given the honest benefits of it, I think it's downright stupid to say that allowing discussion of emulation while having policies against piracy discussion in the TOS is a double standard. Assuming that's what he meant in the first place. Then again, he could also be talking about the whole Wario64 bullshit from before.

Top Bottom