• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Flash "indie" sale is live

Having recently gotten a ps4 again. I have to say, there sales destroy Xbox on a weekly basis. The Xbox holiday sale was solid though for sure. How's Ethan Carter run? Forgot about that game and it looks good. Also would a bastion fan enjoy transistor?

MAN I'm so bummed! I just tried to checkout with my games in the cart and noticed I had no funds. I thought "fuck it I got hacked or something",but it's just the PS+ automatic renewal shit turning on by itself. So now I asked for a refund, but looks like it might take 3 business days for it to be processed, and by then the sale will be over. Anyone went through this? Were they quick to refund the money? :(

Should I just wait for Shovel Knight to go for sale at a later time or just pick it up?

The highest discount you can hope for is 33% off, as the devs have publicly stated that they'll go with a Nintendo pricing strategy. There are also 2 free DLCs with alternate protagonists and gameplay modes coming this year, so it's certainly worth $15.

I love the game, by now I own it as 3DS download, 3DS physical, Amiibo and the PSN version. Totally worth it, these great devs deserve support. Thus if you want to play it now, I would just buy it.

Xis

I don't know if it'll be a make or break for you, but Lego Hobbit doesn't even cover the whole story, just the first two movies.

LEGO The Hobbit is probably the worst LEGO game we've played (and we have played most of them). And this is coming from a guy who thought LEGO Lord of the Rings was probably the best. The Hobbit has two big flaws. First, they added a crafting system that just adds a barrier between you and fun stuff; second, most of the dwarves have unique powers but remembering which is the "grappling hook dwarf" and which was the "dwarf stacks dwarf" and which was the "slingshot dwarf" was a pain the whole game.

The highest discount you can hope for is 33% off, as the devs have publicly stated that they'll go with a Nintendo pricing strategy. There are also 2 free DLCs with alternate protagonists and gameplay modes coming this year, so it's certainly worth $15.

I love the game, by now I own it as 3DS download, 3DS physical, Amiibo and the PSN version. Totally worth it, these great devs deserve support. Thus if you want to play it now, I would just buy it.

Appreciate it. I'll definitely be picking it up then. I have heard so many awesome things about this game. Thanks!

What is Steins Gate about?

It's about leaving you a broken down, emotional (and sometimes offended) wreck of a human being.

It's a really well written visual novel about time travelling. *Very* light on traditional gameplay but if it gets its hooks into you, which may take a few chapter to happen, and then really takes off at the halfway mark, then you will go on one hell of a ride.

Tizoc

What is Steins Gate about?

A visual novel about a group of Nerds/Otakus creating a time machine and spounting sci fi jargon as they work to improve it.
It sounds far better than I describe.
Just dive in and thank us all later.

Double dipped on Dust, low cost was worth it for not having to dust off my 360.

Maybe this time I'll actually play it :X

Do so. Didn't think I would enjoy it when it popped up on PS+, (or, did I buy it in a sale?) but played a few minutes to test it out and ended up eventually finishing it a week or so later.

Let me sell you on Nekoburo

The puzzle game is neat. Nothing special, but fun and can actually get quite difficult if you don't learn the mechanics. A steal for $1.60

I bought it at launch, but haven't touched it yet. I had seen it on the PS Blog a couple times and thought the gameplay look decent enough, and I was drawn to the art style.

I think I would get pretty irritated at the broken English, judging by those screenshots. I'm not the type to get caught up on spelling or grammar errors in games, especially with recognition of indie devs from different cultures simply trying to put out their game with limited resources, but that's almost egregious.

It's not even functionally bad like "engrish" or whatever-- I tend to enjoy reading through text in games more than a lot of people seem to (i.e. I'm the guy who gets pissed when my buddies skip through text prompts or mash buttons to get through dialogue), from journals to dialogue and everything in-between, and my dumb brain would probably get caught up in reading over that stuff trying to make sense of it structurally.

Appreciate it. I'll definitely be picking it up then. I have heard so many awesome things about this game. Thanks!
A lot of these indies are worth the full price of admission. A lot of us go crazy with these sales but it is mostly, purely psychological. It is why people walk out of Walmart with a lot of stuff when all they went in for was a gallon of milk. I have bought like 20 games on sale over the last month or two because I saw deals I could not pass up but I would have bought most these titles eventually anyways regardless of price.

Stopdoor

These games have offline 4 player mode right?
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...cing/cid=UP2070-PCSE00323_00-TABLETOPRACING01
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ita)/cid=UP2119-PCSE00422_00-00CELDAMAGEHDPSV

For PS4 I mean. Thinking of getting both unless one of them is better than the other. Offer your suggestions please GAF :X

Yeah, following up on my previous post, I know you didn't ask about it but if you're looking for local multiplayer games I downloaded Badland, and it seems super polished and would be great fun as a simple multiplayer game. The single-player part is a bit simple since it's a Mobile port, but I don't think I'll have any regrets getting it for multiplayer entertainment.

Bought Fat Princess and Three Fourths Home.

A word on playing Cel Damage local multiplayer: When I tried it with my wife, there was one car that drove significantly faster than all of the others. Whoever had it won easily. It may have been patched since, but it was terribly balanced.

Trogdor1123

A lot of these are cross buy FYI. I went in last night to get some and there were loads I apparently already had from ps3 and vita I guess. Love cross buy. Finally started guacamole!

Epcott

Welp, just bought Dark Cloud 2, Hand of Fate, and Bastion. I think I'm finally done!

I wish Undertale was on here :(
Maybe in a year.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
binged:
dropkick
Teslagrad
Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition
Hand of Fate (got free on steam, want to support dev)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

graywolf323

I can confirm that you can use multiple PS4 20% codes as long as they are not the same ones even though you were only supposed to be able to use one per system after the latest firmware update. I just saved $18 on top of the flash deal savings off a $3 code at gamedealdaily. Oh based firmware update, please never leave us.

Link to gamedealdaily page:

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/playstation-store-20-off-discount-code/

YOU MUST ENTER THESE CODES ON A PS4 (THUS YOU CAN ONLY USE THEM ON PS4 GAMES)! THEY WILL NOT WORK ON ANY OTHER STORE FRONT!

if you used one that expired last year can you still use a new one that expires in February?

netguy503

I had a code that I ended up wasting because it expired.
Think it'll work?

No the only codes that will work now are the ones that end at the end of febuary (so hopefully PSN wont change their system by then and we can use these codes in time for the Feb flash sale as well). There were two batches of codes. One expired in Feb and one in December. Only the codes in the link I provided work now and THEY ONLY WORK ON THE PS4 STORE. Don't get them if you only have access to web or vita store. I tried and you'll just be wasting your money (it's only $3 but still).

Cleve

How's Dust compared to stuff like Ori, Axiom Verge, and Shantae? I'm always down for more Metroidvania games.

I liked it more than any of those. It's a fantastic game.

Admittedly I played it when it first came out on 360, when there was a lot less choice in the metroidvania segment, but I may double dip and see if I can 100% it on ps4.

biteren

picked up fat princess adventures today.

thanks for thse users who helped me with that list!!!

i just realized i got most of those lol

hawk2025

Part of the appeal of these super-cheap indie sales is finally going in on very experimental and short experiences.

With that, I'm glad I gave three fourths home a shot, even if it's very one-note. If you genuinely get into it, it's a surprising experience.

Top Bottom