• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco announces Code Vein (UE4, console, 2018), ARPG from God Eater team [Up: Art]

Durante

Pretty sure PC is more viable then Switch. No reason to not include
Between being Bandai Namco, the genre, the style and tagline of the teaser, and finally the global simultaneous announcement I think it's exceedingly unlikely this won't be on PC.

My guess is PS4 and PC for sure, Switch possible, X1 maybe.

LordKano

Between being Bandai Namco, the genre, the style and tagline of the teaser, and finally the global simultaneous announcement I think it's exceedingly unlikely this won't be on PC.

My guess is PS4 and PC for sure, Switch possible, X1 maybe.

Bamco is always localizing Japanese games on X1. I think it will be on every support.

As far as I know, it's one of the only exceptions. I was more thinking about Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, One Piece Burning Blood, Ace Combat 7.

More like they only bring stuff from popular anime in West on Xbox One, like Naruto, Dragonball, One Piece and such.
Tales of, Ni no Kuni, God Eater for exemple aren't.

Currently the teaser video has a PC, PS4, Xbox One tag:

<meta property="og:video:tag" content="bandai namco Entertainment">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="bandai namco">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="namco bandai">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="namco">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="videogames">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="gaming">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="games">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="Videogame">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="jeu video">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="jeux videos">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="videospiel">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="spiele">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="videogioco">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="gioco">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="videojuego">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="juego">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="PC">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="Playstation 4">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="PS4">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="xbox one">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="XB1">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="trailer">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="video">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="teaser">

As far as I know, it's one of the only exceptions. I was more thinking about Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, One Piece Burning Blood, Ace Combat 7.
Sword Art Online, God Eater, Digimon, Ni No Kuni, their RPGs don't usually get Xbox versions.

This might be different since it's probably a Souls-like game which is something Xbox players actually buy.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
How often do hidden tags give us reliable hints about platforms? I mean, I know it happened in the past, but I believe we've been misled by tags like those other times, correct me if I'm wrong.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't on Xbox given how well Souls games do there.

PC/PS4 is self evident given Namco.

BadWolf

Sounds good so far.

I really enjoyed God Eater Burst back in the day and remember the AI there being very reliable (well except for that one girl who kept shooting me in the back lol).

Hope the music is as good as in GE.

LordKano

More like they only bring stuff from popular anime in West on Xbox One, like Naruto, Dragonball, One Piece and such.
Tales of, Ni no Kuni, God Eater for exemple aren't.

Sword Art Online, God Eater, Digimon, Ni No Kuni, their RPGs don't usually get Xbox versions.

This might be different since it's probably a Souls-like game which is something Xbox players actually buy.

Yeah right it might be just that. I still expect it to come since Souls game are more popular in the west.

TreIII

I never really got into God Eater that much, but I think I'd appreciate the team's take on a Souls-like much more, at this rate.

Hopefully, Nioh's success will inspire two main things: 1) an option for 60fps play modes and 2) they give a beta demo (or two) so people can try it out and give appropriate feedback.

WarRock

Sounds good so far.

I really enjoyed God Eater Burst back in the day and remember the AI there being very reliable (well except for that one girl who kept shooting me in the back lol).

Hope the music is as good as in GE.
It's worth noting that is intentional. Her whole thing is that she has awful aim and nobody wants to partner with her. Then in GE2 the protagonist and the mechanic give her healing bullets.

Yeah but, its for a 'worldwide' audience. Monster Hunter is not that and is in decline. Copying Souls is what you do these days.
Hm, feels like wishful thinking to me but we shall see. Interesting if it's the case, even more if they hold back with the sex appeal in the sequel unlike they did with GE.

True Fire

Sounds like it's aimed largely, if perhaps not primarily, at Western audiences, so I don't personally expect a Switch version.

I disagree, Bamco has always been big on Vita and PS3. I imagine they'll be refocusing those efforts on Switch. Tales Of is already confirmed.

BadWolf

It's worth noting that is intentional. Her whole thing is that she has awful aim and nobody wants to partner with her. Then in GE2 the protagonist and the mechanic give her healing bullets.

That's actually really cool lol.

I loved how she would shoot you in the back and then blame you for being in her way.

LordKano

"Don't worry BY2K, it's totally coming to Switch."
"It's a Japanese game and it's on UE4, BY2K, of course it's coming to Switch!"

Tags don't really mean anything. Beside, they certainly didn't announce an Xbox One game in a japanese magazine.
Not to say that it will come to Switch, but right now the game is 35% done and the devs said that no platform is definitive yet.

DMONKUMA

Just hope gameplay(if shown) looks good but besides that I'm interested.

Nice that it aims for worldwide release.

Speely

Banned
This... This could be really good. I hope the art direction stays somewhat in the same vein (sorry) as the teaser trailer. I adore it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Interesting. That sounds right up my alley.
Please no bikini armour

Now that you mention it, if it has a Fashion Souls element to it, holy shit. Anime Fashion Souls would be the best thing ever.

These were the outfits in the trailer:

dinekdaj5.png

Guymelef

Tags don't really mean anything. Beside, they certainly didn't announce an Xbox One game in a japanese magazine.
Not to say that it will come to Switch, but right now the game is 35% done and the devs said that no platform is definitive yet.

The tags are from the video, video has been published by Bandai Namco Europe and America as well.

I think that it's implied in 2 she actually does it on purpose sometimes. She's a bit unhinged:).

Gbraga

God Eater is probably the most egregiously anime game I have ever played, so that would be keeping with the team's general style.

Can't wait!

Also it's supposed to be interconnected, instead of level based like Nioh? Hgggn.

If the gameplay trailer in early may is good, I'll jump into the hype train.

Top Bottom