• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco announces Code Vein (UE4, console, 2018), ARPG from God Eater team [Up: Art]

EDarkness

I think it's more the team behind the game and the overall style that is limiting the chances. I don't think the game looks particularly demanding.

As long as they don't mention the platforms, everything is fair game. Though, what is the point of not telling people what systems the game is going to be on? Creates needless drama.

jonno394

As long as they don't mention the platforms, everything is fair game. Though, what is the point of not telling people what systems the game is going to be on? Creates needless drama.

creates attention, people talking about the game even if it's just "Switch please" "Man this looks cool, I hope it gets a switch release" etc

But it's bad when they dash their hopes on the ground by not coming to the platform. It's a bad tactic.

they dash the hopes of people wanting the game on switch. The very people they don't focus at.

They don't care. Easy exposure.

Hell, we're talking about the game, we don't even know what it is, let alone wether it will be good or not.

I don't know how this is aimed at the souls audience when it looks anime as fuck.

Like don't get me wrong I like anime but I don't see how this would attract that kind of audience.

Yeah, I can't see myself dealing with 60+ hours of anime tropes and bullshit unless this is literally a game of the generation level experience.

Probably a pass for me.

EDarkness

they dash the hopes of people wanting the game on switch. The very people they don't focus at.

They don't care. Easy exposure.

Hell, we're talking about the game, we don't even know what it is, let alone wether it will be good or not.

It's not good form. What if a lot of folks are thinking the game is gonna hit the NS only to find out that was never in the cards in the first place. Turns into nothing or some negativity for no damned reason. Just tell us what platforms it's gonna be on so we can get past that point and move on. Creates needless console war BS when it doesn't have to.

sn00zer

The art looks solid but yeah...probably would have more captured more eyes if it did look like the teaser.
I didn't expect it to look exactly like the trailer, but the trailer emphasized a much more subdued style in general. Real disappointed it looks like a standard overdesigned anime mish mash.

The scans look really good so far, sure looks closer to Souls/Bloodborne from a mechanical perspective than God Eater, especially with the 'human' enemies.
Also digging the very dark and grim anime artstyle.

Will keep an eye on this, looks promising.

It's not good form. What if a lot of folks are thinking the game is gonna hit the NS only to find out that was never in the cards in the first place. Turns into nothing or some negativity for no damned reason. Just tell us what platforms it's gonna be on so we can get past that point and move on. Creates needless console war BS when it doesn't have to.

I agree totally with you. But Sometimes publishers use console wars for marketing purpose, as stupid as it is.
Then you'll see your thread reappear when it will be announced for PS4 and XboxOne.

h0mebas3

Just bought the digital version of the latest Famitsu via Bookwalker. It's going to take my intermediate Japanese a little while to get through it all, but I definitely say pick it up if your interested, cheap too.

I want to absorb everything about this game that I can...

Ascheroth

The site admin said later that it was just auto tagged and not an indication of platforms. We don't know what this is hitting yet outside of PS4 obviously

Honestly PS4/PC is like a 100% sure thing.
XBox wouldn't surprise me as well since it's Namco and trying to go for some the Souls audience, even if the artstyle is anime as hell, but it's not a totally sure thing.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Honestly PS4/PC is like a 100% sure thing.
XBox wouldn't surprise me as well since it's Namco and trying to go for some the Souls audience, even if the artstyle is anime as hell, but it's not a totally sure thing.

Its just just anime as hell. It is THE anime.

h0mebas3

Two new tweets I missed:

Second image shows the first scene of the trailer from a different angle A Revenant has defeated one of the Lost who ltragically lays at his feet:

https://twitter.com/CODE_VEIN/status/857806670168154112

Third image is a close up of what appears to be the Revenants hand. According to the tweet (apologies for my poor 4th year Japanese translation) there is a red shine that is a reverberation or lingering memory of a recent battle that appears on the "fang clothing" (assuming it's a reference to the blood veil possibly?)

https://twitter.com/CODE_VEIN/status/858169842272059394

3 days left till the trailer!

Top Bottom